|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
SEE FLOOR PLANS AT www.CapeCodFiveStar.com Luxury, luxury! Enjoy stunning panoramic views of Provincetown harbor from this five-star, ocean-front designer home. You'll never tire of sinking your toes into the warm white sand of this private beach cozied up to the delightful waters of Cape Cod Bay. Take the evenings off while bubbling in this cadillac of hot tubs as the summer sun sets over the iconic Pilgrim Monument. Ocean House was designed taking every tiny detail into careful consideration, infusing every moment with distinct pleasure and comfort. All conveniently located just one mile east of the heart of Provincetown center in the quiet East End. Want to eat in? This house boasts a large gourmet kitchen (fully equipped with superior cooking tools, dishes, pots & pans, bar refrigerator, and more). Whip up your favorite vacation foods while over-looking a gorgeous living and dining space with vaulted cathedral ceilings, all looking out to the water. Central air-conditioning, skylights, 55 inch flat screen 3D Magnolia home theater system, fully-tiled showers: just a few of the comforts you can look forward to while here. Every bedroom has an attached, full private bath, room darkening shades, and an iHome clock radio (some bedrooms also have the option between a king or two twin beds), and the master bedroom includes a full size soaking tub.
A bit more about the property: located in the east end of town approximately one mile from the town center. Perfect for anyone who prefers a quieter, more private setting just a short bike or walk to town. Cell phone service with any major carrier is very good from the property and downtown, with a few interrupted service areas in the dunes and nature trails.
Transportation: getting to town is as easy as a 5-minute car ride; 12-minute bike ride; or the convenient daily shuttle (in season), which transports guests from the end of the driveway to MacMillan’s Wharf every 20 minutes, until midnight.
When still in high school, I designed and built my first vacation home on Cape Cod. Later in University, I studied architectural preservation, with an emphasis on Cape Cod's famous 'Shingle Style' home. In the early 90's, I began designing and building some of Cape Cod's most iconic homes in this style. My travels around the world inspired me to fuse the traditional Cape Cod style with subtle international influences and inspirations. My design personality takes advantage of this global perspective to include the finest comforts from all corners of the world. It has become my passion to find clever ways to subtly incorporate these luxurious influences into the simple and cozy style original to the Cape. Having rented my homes since 1992, I take very seriously my guests' experience. I continue to explore the Cape and find it's most beautiful hidden treasures including my newest home, Harbor House in West Falmouth (Home Away 3835236), now available for reservations. Reservations fill quickly so be sure to book your get-a-away early to enjoy the art of living in these wonderful homes.
Craig Lyon purchased this house in 2002
We had a group of ten people, some strangers to one another. The house was the envy of all, and provided plenty of public space for bonding, and private space for napping, etc. Even the design professionals could find no detail of design or maintenance to quibble with, and the professional chef found the kitchen a joy to work in, and perfectly equpped. As beautiful as the house is, it is not at all "fussy," and everyone (including two small dogs and their owners) found it both comfortable and easy to maintain. A great, great house.
Beautiful, spacious, incredible views of sunsets, short drive to town, easy walk to the beach. Can't imagine anything nicer!
Our 2nd time at the Ocean House for Thanksgiving for extended family and the house fits perfectly. Lots of room to cook, hangout together, as well as retreat to separate places when needed. Short drive into town and easy running long the road or on the beach. Hot tub is always a big hit to end the day. Craig was again a great host. Thanks so much for renting this great property!
Such a lovely home. Beautiful setting. Private. Very well equipped kitchen, comfy beds. Very responsive owner.
I recently rented Craig's place for a "small" family reunion. On any given night we had between 7 and 10 people. We are an active family that likes to get outside and do things. At the end of the day, we enjoy cooking up family meals and playing board games.
You can read all the other reviews about the amazing layout, how everyone can find their own space, the Four Seasons vibe of the place, and its peaceful location a very short drive from downtown. Here are some of the more unique highlights:
1. There are FOUR sinks in the kitchen area? Have a big group where everyone likes to cook or help? Plenty of room for lots of sous chefs!
2. Wolf range.... GREAT!!!
3. High end cookery including Le Crueuset pots (Can you tell we ate in every night ? Sure there are cheaper places out there, but they aren't as nice and you'll end up spending just as much if you go out for dinner every night).
4. The "younger" crowd (mid-20's - mid 40's) was obsessed with trying a different shower each day. Apparently the "grotto" in the Ship's Brigg area was the winner. Each of the 4 inside showering areas are unique and high end.
5. Kayaks.... Craig provides kayaks that are well cared for and stable. No oil panning to slow you down. I paddled into town on several occasions. On one of those paddles I had a close encounter with a basking shark. Absolutely beyond amazing. FYI - basking sharks are gentle giants... nothing scary . Every single time I went out , I saw seals. If you have a bad sense of direction, look for the water tower and you'll find your way home.
6. I think every Architectural Digest from the last decade is there. You may find yourself making a big list of your own home improvement projects... from both the magazines and the cool things about this property.
7. Want to go for walk? You can walk almost directly across the street, pop onto the trail that lies beyond the metal gates, turn left, and follow the Old Colony Nature Trail west to town (turn left on Howland Street). It's so much nicer than walking in on 6A!
8. Want to check out the sand dunes? Once again, head beyond the gates, a short while after turning left, turn right, head north , cross Rt. 6, and follow the Dune Shacks Trail to the wild coastline. If you get there at low tide, you can turn left at the ocean and walk to Race Point to meet party members who get there via the car :^)
A brilliant vacation spot!
Such a fine house. We had 11 stay for a weekend. We never felt crowded. Everything you need is there, and well done.
My only caution is that if you can't do steps this may not be the house for you.
I have nothing to complain about. Plenty parking, lots of space for garbage, great view and deck. Fine hot tub. Warm fireplace and surround sound TV.
Craig Lyons responded to every inquiry promptly, and refunded security deposit without delay.
You won't go wrong here, particularly if you need a bigger house.
Approximately one mile from downtown. Convenient to walk, bike, or take the public shuttle to the heart of Provincetown. The downtown center features a colorful, vibrant community full of the finest eating, scenic tours, shopping, and so much more. Tourists, artists, and the bohemian abound! Visit the many art galleries, dine out on the water, enjoy the nightlife and shows. Explore the networked bike trails through the serene and breathtaking Cape Cod National Seashore.
Other Activities: many festivals, art galleries, and shows in town. dune tours, whale watching, dancing, oysters, clam bakes, outdoor movies, the possibilities are endless!
We prefer credit card payments and do not accept wire transfers. There is an additional $750 charge for events held at the home to cover additional costs. These cost are wear and tear and do not include extra cleaning. There is a $250.00 regular four-bedroom cleaning charge