- english, spanish, russian
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
our stay at Alex's property in Brooklyn
Clean, convenient location, near stores and restaurant, Alex was great and quick to respond. Will stay here again. Thank you Alex
Great stay once again
Had a great stay as usual, will definitely come back again!
Had a great stay!
This was just ok...
I booked this property with high expectations since it has five stars in all the reviews.
Why I am not giving it 5 starts:
1. Please be aware that this is a basement or a first floor apartment so you get all the noise from the neighbors upstairs, which by the way were extremely noisy!
These people were walking even at 2:00am.!!!
My family and I were constantly up by the noise. We thought the ceiling was falling!
Yes! The neighbors were that noisy.
I even called vrbo and the owner to get my money back but it wasn’t possible.
The owner has the following request in the property notes: please don’t make any noise after 10:00pm.
I thought: great! It is going to be a quiet place.
Not at all!
The owner even asked me not to ring the bell so we wouldn’t disturb the neighbors....I wonder why that was important when the people upstairs were so noisy!
2. This is not a nice neighborhood.
One block away it is nicer, but the block where this apartment is located and in general the area it is bad!
3. This apartment is far far far from the city. It is a 1 hour or 1h and 20 minutes commute.
5 minutes walking to the bus.
20 minutes ride from the bus to the subway station.
1 hour in the subway.
Uber or lyft won’t make your life easier.
It is 1 hour and $50 minimum.
I followed the reviews that said: easy access to the city.
I don’t agree at all with this.
These are the reasons for the three stars:
1. The apartment is clean.
2. The owner is a nice person.
3. The price is extremely cheap
However, in my next trip to NYC I would rather stay in a more expensive property closer to the city, in a nicer area and with better neighbors
**Disclaimer** Even prior to the guests arrival we began to receive requests for discounts and reimbursements for random reasons such as the location and the date of arrival. We declined these requests. The guest was still within their refundable cancellation time and had the ability to just cancel and switch to another property. We also declined the guests request for a refund during their stay because the guest thanked us for successfully addressing their concerns in a timely manner. Then, prior to departure, they requested some kind of financial reimbursement again and threatened to leave a negative review if they did not get one.
Thank you Natalia for your review. And thank you vrbo for allowing us to address some of the guests concerns.
1. In regards to our apartment, it is a completely separate unit located on the first floor in the building with plenty of windows and sunlight with exclusive access to a private yard.
In regards to the neighbors, this was one of the issues that was addressed immediately. We spoke with the neighbors the day it was reported. They apologized, told us that they had family arrive over night and it was not a problem going forward. We also provided the guest with noise canceling earplugs just in case. The guests thanked us for resolving the issue in a timely manner.
2. We strongly disagree with this. A simple online search of mill basin will show that it is one of the more affluent areas in New York with an average annual household income of 99k and has one of the lowest crime rates in all of New York. We have lived in this area most of our lives and have never had any issues in our area.
3. Getting to the center of the city usually takes about 1 hour by regular public transportation. The bus stop is literally steps away from the apartment. It usually takes about 40 minutes by uber. If you get stuck In rush hour, this can impact your travel time no matter what part of New York you are in. Searching Lyft, it gave us a cost of $25 and uber was $35. We also showed the guest the Express bus route which uses coach bus services and goes direct to the city. It is a very comfortable ride and makes for a better experience (Great for a power nap before touring the city).
The value that guests receive by staying in our apartment far outweighs the extra 30 minutes they have to spend in traveling time. Just for reference, to stay in an apartment of the same size and same level of amenities in...
•the center of nyc: about $500 per night
•30 min by bus to NYC: about $300 per night
•1 hour by bus to nyc: $100-$200 per night
The take away here is that the guest wanted to rent an apartment with same level of amenities at a lower price, without any other people near them and without the travel time. We wish you luck finding this deal on your next trip to NYC. Thank you for your stay.
We enjoyed staying in this apartment. It is a great location. It is in close proximity to public transportation, Key Food supermarket and the mall. Apartment was very clean and perfect size for our family of 5.
Thank you Inna. We appreciate you staying with us.
I stayed here 6 nights, and really never was there but to shower and sleep a few hours. So much to do and see.. Alex was very good at answering all my questions and I will be back next year.. The 2 bedroom apartment was Clean and perfect for vacation.. Thank you Alex for having us and allowing us to leave our luggage till we flew out..
Thank you Shannon, it was really my pleasure hosting you and your family