THE APARTMENT AND THE RESIDENCE: AN IDEAL LOCATION IN THE HEART OF PEREYBERE, A CHARMING AND AUTHENTIC WELL-SERVICED VILLAGE.
Ideally located within 2 to 5 minutes' walk to fabulous beaches, restaurants, shops, excursion agencies and all amenities, this spacious and bright 2 bedroom apartment is fully air-conditioned and tastefully furnished.
There is a double-bed in one bedroom and a 2 wide single beds in the other bedroom. The apartment benefits from unlimited fibre optic wifi as well as all mod cons, including a digital safe, a flat screen television, an alarm system and a DVD/CD player. Bed linen and bathroom towels are provided, and your bed will be made prior to your arrival.
The grounds of this private residence boast tropical gardens and a large, newly refurbished swimming pool with the latest ecological water treatment system free of salt and chlorine.
On request, we will arrange for free parking at the residence. A concierge resides in a lodge at the entrance to the residence.
SERVICES INCLUDED: DAILY CLEANING DURING THE WEEK
Included in the price, our lovely English and French speaking housekeeper, Marceline, provides a daily cleaning service (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays). Marceline will welcome you on arrival, show you around, give you the keys and ensure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable.
Books, beach toys, a travel cot and a highchair are available on request.
OPTIONAL SERVICES: COOKING, LAUNDRY AND TAXI AIRPORT TRANSFERS
On request and with prior notice, Marceline is always delighted to prepare a delicious traditional Mauritian meal at a very modest price (250 - 350 Rupees per person per meal). She will also take care of your laundry on request (250 Rupees per load, washed and ironed). These services can be arranged directly with Marceline during your stay.
On request, we will organise your airport taxi transfer with our reliable driver, Nanda. If he is not available he will ensure a dependable airport transfer service through his network of reliable drivers. The airport transfer price (each way) is 1,700 Mauritian Rupees, payable to the driver.
Should you wish to do so, you can also use Nanda's services for full day excursions on the island.
Should you prefer to rent your own car, "ARA Tours", a car rental agency, is located less than 5 minutes walk from the apartment.
PEREYBERE: AN AUTHENTIC MAURITIAN VILLAGE WITH GREAT LOCAL AMENITIES:
Our guests are charmed by Pereybere's authentic village atmosphere while benefitting from an array of local amenities within a few minutes' walk from the apartment.
All amenities are 1-5 minutes' walk: excellent reasonably priced restaurants serving delicious local and international cuisine, bars, a very well stocked supermarket with a bakery section for breakfast ("Winners" supermarket is only 2 minutes walk from the apartment), several excursion/scuba diving & car/bike hire centres, a taxi stand, bus stops and ATM machines. There is a doctor and beautician/hairdresser nearby. Opposite the apartment is also a chemist.
A GREAT VARIETY OF GORGEOUS BEACHES IN PEREYBERE: THE PUBLIC BEACH WITH MANY AMENITIES AND THE MORE SECLUDED WILDER BEACHES AT "POINTE D'AZUR":
Some of the best beaches on the island are right in Pereybere, all within a few minutes' walk from the apartment, with no roads to cross. These beaches are fabulous with fine white sand and turquoise waters. There is the choice between the more lively Pereybere public beach and more secluded, tranquil beaches and coves.
At Pereybere public beach the sea is like a giant swimming pool - fine sand under your feet (no prickly corals or sea urchins) and a nearly waveless turquoise lagoon with no current that makes for very safe swimming. This beach also offers an array of water sports. "Filaos" trees span the entire rear of the beach offering shade throughout the day for those who prefer it. There is also plenty of room on the beach for sun lovers to enjoy. There are two restaurants on the beach with a sea view as well as stalls offering very inexpensive delicious local snacks and specialities. One end of the beach offers a variety of water sports, including pedaloes, kayaks, water skiing, towable doughnuts and glass bottom boat tours.
In Pereybere, there is also a series of less frequented, wilder coves and beaches at Pointe d'Azur", again a few minutes' walk in the other direction from the apartment, which have no amenities but are tranquil and beautiful with stupendous views of "Coin de Mire" island. These waters are a delight to snorkle in. You can walk for miles along fabulous stretches of beaches towards Bain Boeuf and then onto Cap Malheureux.
SEA EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES ON OFFER NEARBY:
You will find a great variety of reasonably priced activities to choose from and most of them can be booked through agencies located only a few minutes' walk from the apartment (we particularly recommend Malyra Tours):
- Yacht/trimaran/catamaran/boat day cruises to offshore deserted islands, all with immaculate beaches (with barbecue, stops for swimming and snorkelling); most of the boats depart from Grand-Baie.
- Excursion to the beautiful island of Ile aux Cerfs, with barbecue, swimming and snorkelling or a dolphins visit by catamaran with the option of swimming with dolphins;
-- Half day/full day deep sea fishing (marlin, tuna and other species). Line fishing is also possible.
- A trip on the Nessee semi-submersible boat in Grand-Baie, 5 minutes drive from the apartment, is a great way to discover the beautiful marine life without getting wet. At some point during the outing, the semi submarine stops along the reef giving you the opportunity to snorkel along the beautiful coral reef.
- The Captain Nemo’s undersea walk, takes place in the lagoon near Grand-Baie and is a great activity for non-divers and children over 7. A helmet with a transparent visor is placed on your head allowing you to walk 3 to 4 meters deep on the ocean floor to enjoy, the corals and wide variety of fish.
- You can discover the undersea world at a depth of 35 meters aboard the "Blue Safari Submarine" in Trou aux Biches, about 20 minutes drive from the apartment: it's great for anyone over the age of 3. If you prefer, you can also ride an underwater scooter, 3 metres under the sea!
- Scuba diving with the Ocean Spirit Centre located in Pereybere
- You can also kite surf with the Mauritius Kitesurf School, KiteZone Ltd, in Anse-La-Raie, about 10 minutes drive/taxi ride from the apartment.
- For a thrilling sensation, you can enjoy breathtaking views whilst parasailing over Grand-Baie's beautiful lagoon
LAND BASED EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES NEARBY:
- The resort town of Grand-Baie with its charming shopping arcades, restaurants on the water's edge, bars and a market with local souvenirs is 5 minutes away by taxi or bus.
- Quad biking in Anse-La-Raie: we highly recommend this fun and thrilling activity only about 10 minutes drive/taxi ride from the apartment. Enjoy a 2 hour safari on a quad bike across the beautiful rivers and dense forests of Anse La Raie, whilst learning about the history of Mauritius and its flora.
- At "Horse Riding Delights" in Mont Choisy, you will be able to horse ride across the grounds of a sugar estate. The rides last about one and a half hours and riders have the opportunity to learn about the local history and see animals such as deer and farm animals. About 15 minutes away from the apartment
- The Botanical Garden of Pamplemousses is world-renowned. The gardens are spectacular with an enormous variety of tropical plant species. There are also giant indigenous tortoises and a small zoo. It is about 20 minutes' drive away
- "L'Aventure du Sucre", an old sugar mill converted into a stimulating museum retracing the history of Mauritius is also 15 to 20 minutes drive away.
- Visit the restored, grand colonial mansion of "Chateau de Labourdonnais", its lush gardens, old orchards and distillery where you will learn about the old production techniques of agricultural rum. It is about 20 minutes away.
- For another journey into the past, we suggest you visit "La Demeure St. Antoine" in Goodlands. It is an old mansion filled with the elegance of a bygone colonial era. It's also a perfect place to have aperitif in the gardens followed by a lovely meal on the veranda facing the beautiful gardens. Only about 20 minutes drive away.
- The "Maheswarnath Mandir" Hindu temple at Triolet is the largest and oldest hindu shrine in Mauritus dating back to the 19th Century - about 20 minutes drive from the apartment
- The island's capital, Port-Louis and its exotic markets, modern shopping complex and museums, is about 40 minutes bus/taxi drive.
- Nearby luxury hotels with access to their evening entertainment and "sega" dance shows.
PEREYBERE'S LOCATION AND EXCEPTIONAL CLIMATE:
Pereybère lies on the North/North west coast, which is the most sheltered from winds. It enjoys a clement local climate making it a great all-year-round destination.
GREAT TRANSPORT LINKS: BUS STOP AND TAXI STAND NEAR THE APARTMENT
The apartment benefits from a bus stop nearby. Regular buses go to Grand Baie in 5 minutes, Cap Malheureux in 10 minutes, Grand Gaube in 15 minutes, Goodlands in 20 minutes and Port Louis in 45 minutes with links to the rest of the island. There is also a taxi stand a few minutes walk from the apartment.