Escape from your day-to-day at Wine Down - your private-side waterfront Lake Anna, Virginia, retreat on over 9 acres. The custom-built home - completed in late 2017 - evokes Southern charm and hospitality, and it features water views from nearly every bedroom in the home. With two master suites (one upstairs and one on the lower-level), a kids' bunk room, two additional bedrooms, and an oversized playroom/guest room, Wine Down is the perfect vacation rental home for groups and families.
Entering the home, you're welcomed into a spacious great room with breathtaking lake views. Two oversized couches easily seat a dozen guests, who can enjoy conversation with the cooks in the nearby gourmet kitchen or watch a movie on the 60" television. The open great room flows into the dining area, which accommodates a party of 12 comfortably, and the peninsula kitchen with its nearly 13' island and bar. Chefs will enjoy the Samsung double flex oven, KitchenAid five-burner induction cooktop and Sharp microwave drawer. Two full-sized refrigerators, including a deluxe Samsung in the kitchen, a beverage center and industrial icemaker make it easy to store drinks and food for large parties, and two sinks and two dishwashers make for easy clean-up.
Stepping beyond the great room and outside, you'll enjoy an over 1,500 square foot travertine patio, with spectacular lake views at any time of the day. An 8' by 16' swim spa, which can be heated or cooled, is off the patio, overlooking Wine Down's private dock and private white-sand beach. Take a dip in the swim spa or jump in the lake - both are just feet from the home and a delight for all guests to enjoy. Renters also can enjoy the home's two stand-up paddleboards, two canoes and four-person paddle boat. Wine Down's expansive patio is also great for sunrise yoga or sunset yoga (or a yoga retreat) - just bring your own mat and the views will serve as inspiration for your workout.
Bringing your own boat, jet skis or other water toys to the lake? Wine Down has a private boat launch and you can tie up your boat and/or jet skis off the property's dock right in front of the home. Maybe you'd rather spend your day just fishing off the dock? Wine Down's private cove is the place for it - it's been ranked as a top fishing spot on a local fishing app.
Want to escape from reality even more? Venture past Wine Down's impressive home, dock and sandy beach and onto the private peninsula. Accessible only to renters at Wine Down, the peninsula is a quiet, wooded retreat, perfect for weekend camping (or even a kids' camp-out for a night). Stone trails lead to the best camp sites and are great for daytime (or evening) walks.
After a day of fun on Lake Anna's private side, you can shower off in the outdoor enclosed shower with hot and cold water or head inside to one of Wine Down's five-and-one-half bathrooms. Downstairs, the master bedroom suite features an impressive bathroom with a two-person shower, freestanding soaking tub and double vanity. French doors from the bedroom lead onto the patio, where you can enjoy a morning coffee or evening glass of wine. On the other side of the first floor are two additional bedrooms with a shared jack-and-jill bathroom.
On the second level, you'll find another impressive patio, with comfortable Ohana wicker furniture, a dining table and more. A smaller family room with pullout sofa bed and 55" LED television offers a quiet escape for guests. The second floor also houses the bunk room, with two double-over-double bunk beds and an ensuite bathroom with a shower/tub combo. The second-level master suite faces the lake, with stunning views to wake you up in the morning. It features a spa-like bathroom with freestanding tub, two-person shower and double vanity.
The third-level offers even more space for guests at Wine Down. A guest room, with queen bed and en suite bath with a shower, provide added sleeping space. The third floor also features two additional queen beds for those late afternoon naps, a 4K gaming station for kids and adults alike with two Xbox One consoles and two PlayStation 4 consoles, multiple televisions (a 55" and two 42" sets) and an oversized leather couch perfect for lounging the day away.
Amenities in Wine Down
- Private cove and almost 1,500-square-foot white sand beach with gentle walk-in access and shallow depth perfect for children
- Outdoor covered pavilion overlooking the beach
- 1,500+ square feet of travertine (it stays cooler than other hardscape materials even in the summer!) patio, complete with lounge chairs for sunbathing by the swim spa or on the beach
- 3,500+ feet of water frontage
- Floating dock
- Two canoes, two stand-up paddleboards and four-person paddle boat
- 8' x 16' swim spa, which can be heated like a hot tub or cooled as chill pool
- Outdoor enclosed shower with hot & cold water
- Large Six burner Weber gas grill, perfect for BBQs
- Fire pit overlooking the lake with Adirondack chairs
- Two outdoor decks with comfortable sectional seating
- Two outdoor dining areas and outdoor bar
- Bluetooth-enabled stereo system throughout the home's great room, patios and on the private beach (via WiFi, Chromecast and Apple AirPlay)
- Sunset views so gorgeous that words can barely describe them
- Six bedrooms (Downstairs master - 1 king, downstairs bedroom 1 - 1 king, downstairs bedroom 2 - 1 queen, upstairs master - 1 king, upstairs bunk room - 2 full-over-full bunk beds, third floor - 3 queens)
- Wall-mounted 40" Samsung smart televisions in every bedroom
- Wireless broadband Internet connection (WiFi coverage from the home to the dock)
- Five full and one half bathrooms
- Chef's kitchen with double oven, five burner induction cooktop, microwave drawer, two full-sized refrigerators, two sinks and two (that's right, two) dishwashers
- Fully stocked kitchen with plates, bowls, glasses, plastic cups, wine glasses, serving trays, utensils - spoons, forks and knives, steak and other carving knives, cookie trays, baking pans, pots and pans specifically for the induction cooktop and cutting boards
- Small kitchen appliances, including a toaster, slow cooker, waffle maker, small food processor and blender
- Granite countertops throughout the kitchen, including on the nearly 13' island
- Two coffeemakers - traditional 12-cup drip coffee maker and Keurig individual K-cup brewer
- Crockpot, blender, wafflemaker and more
- Industrial icemaker
- Wine and beverage fridge
- Laundry room with full-sized washing machine and dryer
- Two PlayStation 4 and two Xbox One S consoles, connected to two televisions, so guests can compete against each other or just play side-by-side
- Digital library of hundreds of movies, perfect for rainy days or family movie nights after a day spent outdoors, all stream-able to any TV in the house.
- Multiple dining areas - two outdoor dining tables and an indoor dining table with seating for 12 comfortably
- Second-floor family room with television and sleeper sofa
- Custom shades and window treatments in all bedrooms
- Ample parking, including for boat trailers or campers
- Keypad entry to the home
- Nightlights and motion lights in and around the home, so you can safely get up and grab a drink (or snack) in the middle of the night
- Two hair dryers (one in the downstairs master bathroom and another in the upstairs master bathroom)
- Bath towels and hand towels are provided, and extra kitchen dish towels are available for use in the laundry/mudroom
- Sheets will be on all beds and an extra set is available for the pullout couch, with blankets for that bed available in the second-floor living area
- Blankets are available in the main living area, if you're watching TV and get chilly, and there are a few extra blankets in the bedrooms, too
- Cleaning supplies, including a vacuum and dust-buster, can be found in the laundry/mudroom and under the kitchen sink, if needed
What are you waiting for? Book your trip today and Wine Down with all your family and friends.
Booked a trip with us? Here are a few items you'll need to bring for your vacation at Wine Down at LKA:
1. Toilet paper
2. Paper towels
3. Garbage bags
4. Laundry detergent and dryer sheets - the washer and dryer are located in the mudroom and are available to use, if needed. You just need traditional liquid detergent.
5. Dish soap
6. Dishwasher tablets
7. Hand soap
8. Coffee: We have two machines (a traditional drip coffeemaker and a Keurig K-cup machine). If you drink coffee, you'll need to bring either coffee filters and ground coffee for the traditional brewer or K-cups for the Keurig.
9. Any food, drinks and spices or other ingredients (e.g., sugar or flour) that you'll need for your stay - we highly recommend picking up graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars and making s'mores by the fire pit
10. Body wash, shampoo, conditioner and other personal toiletries (we have two hair dryers, if needed - one is located in the master bathroom downstairs and the other in the master bathroom on the second level of the house)
11. Lake, pool/spa & beach towels: While you'll find bath towels at the house for your use, you'll need to bring along your own towels for the lake, beach, and pool/spa