Enjoy gorgeous views in this charming log cabin, located just 4.4 miles from Sedona proper. The cabin is surrounded by stunning canyons on three sides with a covered front porch that invites you to read, relax, enjoy fabulous views over breakfast or watch breathtaking sunsets and stargaze. You can relax on the hammock under the ponderosa pines or walk just 5 minutes to the cool waters of Oak Creek for trout fishing, swimming and picnics. Cozy up inside the rustic log cabin in front of a warm wood burning fireplace or visit the famous Slide Rock State Park, just 2 miles away for some family fun. Perfect for families, the all wood cabin has three bedrooms with king and two queen beds, a loft with two twin beds, an enclosed playroom that includes a trundle bed, two full baths, and an open floor plan. The kitchen is fully equipped with all modern amenities including gas cook top, griddle, range, oven, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, onsite washing machine and dryer. The common area has TV, with the luxury of DISH and DVD! A great place to gather in all seasons. We are pet friendly with all hardwood floor, plenty of windows to provide lots of light as well as a lovely cross-breeze during summer evenings and vaulted ceilings. Unwind and decompress from the hustle of everyday life, cook to your hearts content on the BBQ outside enjoying the magnificent views of the red rock canyons.
Our guests stay at the cabin to escape from time and the desert or use it as a beautiful and relaxing base camp for hiking, biking, trekking, stargazing or drive just 15 minutes to Sedona town to explore unique eateries, ethnic arts, craft and shopping. The cabin is perfectly located in the midst of nature with close proximity to modern conveniences in downtown Sedona.
This authentic rustic log cabin is perfectly located in the Oak Creek Canyons amidst the towering red rocks and walls of trees, with stunning views from the front porch, yet just 15 minutes to Sedona proper. Suitable for a group of 8 to 10.
Enjoy the Cabin:
Guests can relax on outdoor patio, take a walk in the forest trails nearby, or just walk to the Oak Creek river and relax. Slide Rock State Park, the West Fork Oak Creek Trail, Downtown Sedona amenities, everything is within minutes of drive. It is like staying within the nature with accessibility to all the convenience you need.
The cabin does not have wifi connection, as it requires microwave line-of-sight transmission, which does not work in the mountainous canyon area.
Most cell phone (except Verizon) carriers do not have a coverage in the area.
There is a land-line telephone provided in the cabin, that can be used for local and emergency numbers. Names and numbers of local contacts are provided in cabin for non-life threatening emergency. We advise bringing a calling card if you need to make long distance calls. All Directory Assistance calls are charged to guests, after the first two calls. There is a restaurant/grocery store located at Indian Gardens within 2-3 minutes drive. It is also the nearest location where you can get a cell phone signal.
This is a perfect place to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy a 'digital detox' with an unplugged holiday to connect with your family, friends and nature.
-We suggest using the showers when the appliances such as dishwasher and washing are not running, as we are located in the canyons and have ecofriendly utilities.
-Outdoor barbecue grill works on a propane cylinder. If the cylinder runs out of propane, please refill the cylinder, and send us the receipt, we will reimburse you for the cost right away.
Bringing the following with you could make the stay more enjoyable:
- We supply coffee maker and filters. Guests may need to bring coffee, creamers as per their choice.
- Aluminium foil, charcoal briquettes and lighter fluid for grill.
- Personal toiletries i.e. shaving gear, toothpaste & brush, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath soap, etc. (We provide kitchen napkins, bath tissue, liquid hand-washing soap, and dishwashing soap).
- Flashlights with fresh batteries. Also, a radio and/or CD player for news, music.
- First aid kit.
- Clothing that can be layered for those chilly evenings and mornings, and those sometimes surprise storms. Umbrella(s), mittens/gloves, and warm, water resistant or waterproof shoes/boots, slippers for comfort on hard wood floors.
- Fishing gear and a valid Arizona fishing license with a trout tag. As of January 1, 2000, the immediate areas around have been designated by the state as a catch and release zone.
- Pet leash if you are bringing your furry family member, blanket or towel for pet to lay on, any other pet supplies.
- Beach towels for swimming in the creek or for Slide Rock State Park in the warm months
- Sunscreen and insect repellent in the warm months.
- Favorite books, games, playing cards and puzzles.
- DVDs that you may enjoy with family and friends. The cabin has a DVD player with Dish TV.
- A desire to have a very relaxed and quiet time!
The neighborhood consists of small houses and villas, mostly inhabited by older residents of the area. Off of Highway 89-A, this area is nestled within Coconino National Forest, with a single access road.
The speed limit on internal neighborhood roads is 7 miles per hour, and the owners really appreciate the guests observing the limit for safety and dust issues related to gravel roads.
The property is located in a neighborhood off of Highway 89-A, about 2 miles south of Slide Rock State Park and approximately 8-9 minutes drive from uptown Sedona.