When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Cozy Log Cabin, Conveniently located off Rt. 219 in the quiet Whispering Pines Log Cabin Village. Close to all Deep Creek Lake has to offer: Wisp Ski Resort, Swallow Falls State Park, Deep Creek Lake State Park, Herrington Manor State Park, restaurants, movie theater, boat rentals, miniature golf.
Cabin is a three-level, 3 bedroom (1King, 2Queens, 1Twin w/ Trundle, 1 Queen sleeper sofa), 2 bath, fully equipped with: Air conditioning, (2) gas fireplaces, refrigerator, ceramic cook-top stove, microwave, garbage disposal, dishwasher, washer/dryer, gas BBQ grill, full size bar w/ additional refrigerator.
There are 2 bedrooms and 1 full bath on the main level. There is only one step into the cabin which makes it very convenient.
Other amenities: Queen sleeper sofa, 2 recliners, pack n' play, high chair, umbrella stoller, video games, and stereo, all linens provided!
We accept Visa, Discover and Mastercard.
Keywords: Log Cabin
After visiting Deep Creek for years we found this perfect cabin for our family and friends to enjoy. Hope you have a great vacation!
The Owner purchased this cabin in 2008
We found this cabin to be the perfect blend of being great for families and for couples. It is located in a very central location to WISP, restaurants, parks, boating, horseback riding, movie theater, etc.
Great Deep Creek Lake Vacation Rental! This cabin has 2 separate living spaces which is perfect for two families traveling together who need a little space in the evening to wind down. It has 3 separate bedrooms as well as a loft with a trundle bed to accommodate an additional 2 people as well as a pull out sleeper sofa located on the lower level.
We had a wonderful time at the cabin. It was very clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. We rented this cabin because we were hosting a family reunion and wanted a location close to Deep Creek State Park, so that we could fix the dishes and not have to transport food a long distance. The cabin has a full-size kitchen that is very well stocked. Each of the rooms was very nice and the beds were very comfortable. We were all very impressed and would highly recommend renting this cabin.
At 9 am on the morning of our first day, the power is shut off to the cabin due to non payment by the owner. We are told it's paid and would be on in a day or two. Needless to say after the second full day without power, no running water so no shower, no toilets (it's an electric pump water system) or means to cook, we called our only family vacation quits and headed home. I never once received an apology from the owner herself. I lost over $450 in food that was bought and had to incur the expense of my family eating out the entire trip. She may have refunded the money but that does not give my family back our vacation and for that I encourage any one looking to rent in Deep Creek, steer clear of this cabin.
This place is very cozy quite and beautiful we went there for a girls weekend and had an awesome time. The fire place hot tub the whole place is nice and clean. Def would requimend this cabin to anyone. Its a nice quite little area.
My family, along with another family stayed here for 3 nights. After getting our belongings out of our car I went to throw out a bag of trash from our ride up - to my surprise the trash from the previous renter (or renters) had not been picked up. There was 2 overflowing trash cans - smelling as if they had been there for awhile! Shortly after putting our belongings away - my husband was going to relax and watch alittle tv before we went out to dinner, unfortunately - the Directv service had been interrupted. So we immediately called April and she did call the owner to take care of turning the service back on and told us that she would work on getting the trash removed. However the trash was never picked up. The trash cans are kept secure in a wooden enclosure - we had to move the can apart and shove our bags between them as best we could. There were also a number of items that showed poor upkeep of the cabin: Broken tiles in upstairs bathroom floor, hot tub lights inoperable, lots of burned out lights throughout the house, broken toilet paper roll in downstairs bathroom, holes and large scraps on walls, broken magnetic curtain holder on door that leads out to grill, mattress in smaller bedroom on main floor was extremely saggy, sticky spill in refrigerator downstairs, furniture in general very worn, gas grill top rack broken and ignite button inoperable, provided towels had a musty smell, pot holders burned and ripped, the dvd player in the master bedroom tv doesn’t open - therefore if you want to watch a dvd you have to watch what got stuck in there, etc. We also felt that there was some misleading information given on the site regarding the cabin. There are only 2 small window AC units for the entire cabin - although it was never stated that there was central AC only having 2 small units to service the entire cabin was fair from sufficient - we made sure to keep doors open and ran the ceiling fans at all times. Also in the pictures there was outdoor seating in the front of the cabin, table and chairs on the deck directly off the kitchen, and table and chairs on the back deck with the hot tub. The only seating was the table and chairs with the hot tub.The cabin itself has a lot of potential - but needs some tender loving care. I think if it was just a few things, it wouldn’t have bothered us but so many in only a 3 day stay did take away from our vacation.
We were very impressed with the property for the price we paid. The pictures do not do it justice. The place was very spacious and clean. We had 7 adults and the accommodations were perfect for our group. Very close to area attractions and restaurants! Yes, the property is very close to a busy road, but from the inside or back of the house you didn't notice any noise. The hot tub and grill were nice bonuses as well. The only drawbacks were that the fire pit was very far away and a little treacherous to get to at night, and although we were warned in advance that there was no Internet, it would have been nice to have. Also, very strict rules for the cleanup of the house upon leaving despite paying a $150 cleaning fee. Would stay again!
All in all we had a great time on our 3 night stay. We were two families that went on a joint vacation together. Here are the pros and cons
1. The cabin is centrally located and a quick trip to Walmart, Fun land, Deep Creek State Park and a variety of other activities and restaurants. We had a blast on our trip checking out the sites. There was also lots of space for the kids to run around outside and play.
2. There was plenty of space for two families to enjoy each other and get some time apart as well, Two separate TV watching areas and great fire places made the stay comfortable.
3. During our down time it was nice to have direct TV, dvd players, foosball table and the pay station 2 downstairs.
4. The kitchen is fully stocked, there is a grill outside and the fire circle was fun for late night s'mores. The hot tub on the back porch was a lot of fun as well.
5. We have a 14 month old and it was great that there was a high chair and pack n play in the home (we couldn't find the safety gate for the stairs however.) Also having access to the washer and dryer was great, especially with 4 kids and a teenager in tow.
1. The cabin is not very private, its right off a busy street and you can hear the cars at all times. you are also very close to neighbors. It may feel more secluded in the summer when the leaves are grown in.
2. The property had beer cans, cigarette butts and soggy cigarette packs all round and broken glass around the fire pit. While this isn't the owners fault you would think the cleaning crew would have cleaned this up; especially with all of the threats of cleaning fees if things were not left perfect upon departure. My husband cleaned up a lot of it for the safety of all our kids, not really how he wanted to spend time on our trip.
3. The kitchen had some dirty dishes and we ended up having to clean things twice, once before eating and then again after. All of the knives were useless as they were very dull. We bought a knife from Walmart to use. Also the grill works but was filthy, again we cleaned it before and after use.
4. We counted on using the pull out couch for a sleeping spot. It is not usable. It feels a bit more like a torture device, so don't count this in your sleep count.
5. No internet wasn't the end of the world, but would have been nice to have access, especially since the only way to contact someone with maintenance issues was email addresses. Luckily we had no maintenance issues.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Admin Fee||$25 + Tax|
|Cleaning Fee||$100 + Tax|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.