About the property
- Cabin1100 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
The Lone Star Cabin 2 is located just 5 1/2 miles east of downtown Fredericksburg on US Hwy 290 right in the middle of a number of special destination points. The Cabin is approximately 1,100 square feet in size. The floor plan includes a living room (with leather couch/recliner, full size chair with ottoman), dinning room with six foot table and chairs, full size kitchen and appliances and kitchenware and two bedrooms (One King & One Queen) with closets. There is a TV in the living room and one bedroom. The Cabin has large covered front and back porches with rocking chairs and side tables overlooking hill country for your relaxation and enjoyment.
Here are some of the interesting destination points surrounding the Cabin -
1. Soon you will know why Fredericksburg is one of the most popular getaways in Texas. There is so much to do and see in our historic town! Fredericksburg is nestled in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas; right in the heart of the Texas Wine Country, with a vibrant art and live music scene that will dazzle and inspire! The Chamber of Commerce takes great pride in providing visitors with the travel information necessary to plan a rich and exciting holiday vacation or weekend getaway. Visit the Chamber's website to get all the details of your visit to Fredericksburg.
2. Six wineries within 1,000 feet of the Lone Star Cabin and too many more to count and visit just a few more miles going east on US Hwy 290 toward Stonewall, Texas and the surrounding area.
3. The famous Wild Seed Farm is just 2 miles east of the Cabin on US Hwy 290. The farm features beautiful gardens and fields of wildflowers. There is also a gift shop and patio. You can enjoy a glass of wine or a beer as well as indulge in homemade ice cream or other snacks.
4. Luckenbach, Texas is just 5 miles from the Cabin on RR 1376 which features their historic Post Office, General Store, band stand and dance hall. Music is such a huge part of the Hill Country culture that one whole town is dedicated to it. Take a spin in its dance hall under rafters draped in white lights. If you want a more low-key, under-the-radar setting, head over to Alamo Springs Café, which is , as the owners' say, "inconveniently located in the middle of nowhere." Dig into hand-battered onion rings and juicy fat burgers that are beer-bottle tall with such toppings as jalapeno chilies and grilled onions. On weekends, local bands play on the outdoor stage. Enjoy country western music each weekend. The historic town of Sisterdale is just another 15 miles down the road with a great winery, dance hall and bar. Just the drive to Sisterdale is breathtaking.
5. Fredericksburg Trade Days in located 3 miles east of the Cabin on US Hwy 290. They are open on the third weekend of each month and features vendors and Texas crafts of all types and fashions. Country music plays each day in their famous Beer Barn.
6. Wal Mart is located just 3 miles west of the Cabin on US Hwy 290 back towards downtown where you can replenish your supplies or pick up some last minute shopping items for your trip.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
My husband & I loved it :)
Close enough to town, but yet far enough out of town for the peace & quiet!
Clean, smelled great, organized, well furnished. We will be back again!
Relaxed and convenient
We loved being in the country with goats as neighbors. Unit had everything we needed -- except good reading lights in the living room and second bedroom. Everything very clean and functional.
Very Comfortable Stay
Two couples spent a weekend at Lone Star Cabin #2. The location was great and property very comfortable.
When we arrived, the caretaker was just completing cleaning, greeted us and offered his telephone number should we have any questions. We didn't have to call him for anything.
The cabin was clean and is nicely decorated. Beds and linens were very comfortable. The kitchen was moderately furnished (i.e. four plates, four bowls, etc.) but enough for the little bit of cooking we did at the house. There is no dish washer, so we just washed as we used.
We enjoyed time outside (since we had left a Minnesota blizzard behind!) with morning coffee, grilling and having evening bonfires. All supplies were provided. We could choose to sit in the morning sunshine or under cover from the sun later in the day.
We enjoyed socializing with the on-premise goat. She obviously enjoys company!
We had been concerned about two couples sharing one bathroom and the issues that might cause when getting ready in the mornings. But we found ourselves having lazy mornings so it didn't affect us a bit.
Be cautious turning into the driveway when coming from the east. There's a good amount of traffic on the highway!
I would definitely recommend the Lone Star Cabins to friends and relatives.
Thank you very much for your great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Fredericksburg and hope you come back soon. Also thank you for your business!
Loved the country decorative items and furniture. Very clean property with easy access to town.
The owner was very nice and greeted us upon arrival. Any time we had questions before and after arrival, he was quick to respond. We enjoyed the beautiful pictures and decorations throughout the cabin. We googled the artist of he pictures and were impressed with all of their other works of art.
Cabin is perfect for those wanting a taste of Fredericksburg. We will be back.
Great place to stay. Loved everything about this cabin .
This place is so cute. The owners have made it feel like a home.It was very clean and well kept.We loved the whole out in the country theme, everything was set up for an outside fire pit down to password for wifi. Place settings for four people , water and little snacks let for us to enjoy. Will definitely stay here again.
Thank you, and we are so happy that y'all enjoyed the cabin and had a great time. We would love to have y'all back anytime and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Loved the cabin. We would definitely stay there again. Very comfortable and clean. The location was perfect for our visit. Just a beautiful piece of property. Very roomy and loved having a carport for the car. Hopefully we can come back again and enjoy outside.