|Space||3,000 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Two hundred and twenty feet of gorgeous waterfront with nothing but trees across the river!! Leads into a 10,500 acre lake!
RUSTIC ROCK RIVER VACATION HOME on a private acre of manicured land with many large oak shade trees, a large wooden playset and fort for the kids. The riverside of the house is all windows for a spectacular view. The walk to the water & private pier's just 75 feet away with no stairs. Take a 15 min. boat ride to the Rock River, which flows into Lake Koshkonong, a 10,500 acre lake, and enjoy several great restaurants / bars with live music along the way. And the river is perfect for boating, tubing and skiing too. This home can comfortably accomodate two families or extended family or friend reunions. *Available any season ALL YEAR ROUND: rent weekly, or partial weeks, weekends, long weekends, & holidays.
There is plenty of room for activities ranging from volleyball to campfire's to touch football. Of course you can also participate in any water activities from swimming, fishing, to water skiing, tubing or wave runners. Tie your boat to the private pier or Owner offers a pontoon boat for rent
The newly renovated home has a brand new kitchen with seating for 12, first floor bathroom, a large two story family room with stone fireplace and a recreation room complete with ping pong, air hockey and foosball. The décor is a contemporary version of a rustic cabin providing comfort with good lighting and all the comforts of home - away from home.
Others may offer you a modest cabin for rent - we offer a 2800 square foot family home in a beautiful, natural setting on 220 feet of waterfront with a private pier.
PLEASE CLICK ON 'EMAIL OWNER' to inquire. See photos on this web page w/notes next to each picture with more descriptions. For smaller groups 2-10 Guests, visit our other Lake Koshkonong *Listing at: VRBO Listing #395769 on 600' shoreline Maple Beach in Edgerton, Wisconsin.
7 BEDROOMS TOTAL: includes 19 BEDS & 2 CRIBS
BEDS: 3 KING 4 QUEEN 3 FULL 9 TWIN
SOFAS: 1 SLEEPER SOFA, & 2 FULL LENGTH SOFAS
2 Bedrooms on the first level, main floor: KING, QUEEN, TW
4 Bedrooms & 1 loft room on the second level: 2 K, 3 Q, 7 T, 2 Cribs
1 bedroom downstairs FULL/TW bunks + extra room here & throughout for sleeping bags
2 SETS WASHERS & DRYERS downstairs
GAME ROOM w/PING PONG, FOOSBALL, AIR HOCKEY, T.V.
3 FULL BATHROOMS TOTAL: one bathroom on each level, main bathroom has separate shower & unique claw foot soaker tub w/hand sprayer
Keywords: House on the River
Owners, Elyse & Jim Osborne purchased the home for fun family vacations on the ROCK RIVER & Lake Koshkonong! Enthusiasm spread from family, friends, co-workers! With so much interest it was decided to offer it as a vacation rental home for all to enjoy! Meeting new guests & returning guests make it so rewarding! Income helps continually improve the home, the grounds and all its amenities! Designed, Built & Furnished w/ quality!
Elyse & Jim Osborne purchased this cabin in 2003
One of the largest waterfronts around at 220' with a great view, acre lot with mature oak shade trees and access to 8 miles of Rock River perfect for All Water Sports! River leads to one of the largest lakes in WI. Lake Koshkonong! Anchor Inn Restaurant & several others make a fun progressive dining adventure! This Sprawling Large home in Edgerton, Wisconsin offer a comfortable setting in a charming town, with lots of restaurants, supper clubs, shops to drive & boat to! Best attraction is the Rock River & Lake Koshkonong, so many local activities with plenty to do All Year Through . . . on land & water! *See Rock Aqua J's Water Ski Show! Historical Home town of Author Sterling North (Rascal) Visit *Anchor Inn Restaurant 'Rockin the Rock River!' Live Music on unique floating band shelter; Outstanding food, drinks, service, atmosphere! Perfect for boating (we offer Pontoon Boats) tubing, swimming, wave runners, Water sports, Fishing, relaxing, camp fires, biking, hiking, shopping, dining, even camping bring a tent! Winter activities, abundant snowmobile & ice fishing galore too!
An acre of Gorgeous Waterfront Property, this sprawling home offers rustic Wisconsin charm with all the comforts of a contemporary home. Stunning views, lots of space w/ 19 beds, 3 full bathrooms (one on each level), large playground & riding toys! Jump off the 45' pier / collect tiny sea shells on this beachfront property! Local Central Park & Edgerton Pool, Palmer Park & Pool, and famous Ski Show in Janesville!
5 star experience. On behalf of my husband, our children and our grandchildren, thank you for the use of your lovely Rock River home last week. Some favorite memories are having the pontoon on a sand bar in the lake and letting the kids swim, catching a 28" catfish off the end of your pier and smokes at the fire pit. Blessings to you both Elyse and Jim.
This house was great for our group of friends over the New Years weekend. Everyone had their own bed to sleep in and it was large enough for us to spread out. The kitchen was well equipped and it was nice to be able to gather around such a large table. Elyse was very responsive and provided lots of helpful information upfront. Would definitely rent this home again!
This house was great for our family gathering. It is set up nicely for young children, including cribs, high chairs, and baby gates. It is large enough for everyone to spread out and the back rooms are really sound proof for sleeping baby. This house is so cozy and has tons of character. We rented in the winter so we were unable to use the yard and dock, but the view is beautiful. Looking forward to renting this home again next year.
On behalf of my husband, our children & our grandchildren, please accept my thanks for the use of your ROCK RIVER VACATION HOME! We had a Wonderful, Relaxing Time & Appreciate all of the thoughtful Details you paid attention to for our Comfort! Favorite memories are: Anchoring the Pontoon on a sandbar in the lake & letting the kids swim, Catching a 28" Catfish off the end of the pier!, playing Table Games Simultaneously on the various table tops, & smores at the fire pit! July, 2016
This large home with room for all was perfect for our family Christmas. Lots of beds and bedrooms, room at the tables for up to 16, lots of dishes, pots, pans and utensils. The property was very clean. Lots of wood available to keep the fireplace roaring for the weekend. With the snow falling outside and the view to the river it was like a Christmas card. The landlord was very responsive to requests. We had a great time and look forward to going back, especially in the summer to use all the outdoor amenities. Beautiful property right on the river.
With multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, large living room, kitchen and kitchen table...this place was perfect for our guys weekend. Ad and pics very accurate. Lots of stuff in kitchen to use to prep food and drink. Owners tremendously helpful, lining up coolers, chairs, and table for us to use during our tailgates at University of Wisconsin and Lambeau Field in Green Bay. Fall colors and view from the fire pit was spectacular. Owner very organized with communications and billing. If/when we return to WI for a trip, will stay here!
We had our family reunion here for a week. The ground floor bedrooms were ideal for Great-grandma. Crib available for the newest infant, bunk/loft room well used by the young teens as was the basement game room. A bathroom on every floor meant no waiting. The youngest spent time on the swingset/slide/playhouse. Owners were very responsive to our need for additional kitchen items for our large group (we're pretty much foodies). Our kids set up their own Olympics, with prizes for "stylish jumping" off the end of the pier, hula hoop twirling, and timed "uneven beam walk". Good view of play area and river from the dining area, and Great grandma could get to the pier without climbing a lot of steps by walking from front door along gently sloped yard. Thank you so much for a great time.
FEATURED UNIQUE RESTAURANTS & LOCAL ATTRACTIONS:
- Anchor Inn Restaurant, rte 59 Edgerton, *BEST LIVE ENTERTAINMENT IN WISCONSIN! . . ALL On A Floating Band Shelter! Outstanding Food & Drinks! Recognized for Fun, Lively Atmosphere on the shore Overlooking the River & Lake! Try their amazing sandwiches, salads, cheese curds, drinks & filled w/cheese, veggies, & topped w/mini brat on their Bloody Mary’s! Festive atmosphere for adults & children w/Playground!
- Lake House Inn, Edgerton. Be seated by historical Stone Fireplace for delicious Beef, All You Can Eat Friday Fish, Outstanding Broasted Chicken, home made Coleslaw, Loaded Potato Skins w/ all the dipping sauces!
- Dockside Dine inside or out on the shore with Tasty menu & live bands Fri & Sat
- Two Brother's Delicious Menu w/ Fun Sports Bar; Excellent Fish! Rated #1 for dining!
- RED BARRON PIZZA Sports Bar Excellent Pizza, Order the House Pizza!
- The Beach Club at Lakeview Campground Casual Dining on the Beach or inside Lively Sports Bar!
- Amazing & Award Winning *Rock Aqua Jay Water Ski Show! Trexsler Park Janesville
- Palmer Park Playground & Swimming Pool for young children, Janesville. It's free & beautiful! pack a lunch
- Beach Club: Eat in or out on the beach. Live Entertainment outside. Fire pit. Very kid friendly play ground, & swimming w/activities on the beach, bring sand toys, moonwalk . . . gorgeous sunsets! Tie up our / or your Pontoon / Boat for some great food & fun!
- Blue Gillies: Enjoy Lemon Pancakes & fresh Blue Gill breakfast, or lunch w/add’l omelets & options rte 59 Edgerton, Next to Rock River Marina, Anchor Inn, Culver’s
- Wisconsin Wine & Cheese Chalet Edgerton, rte 59, Serving *Free Samples Unique Wines & Cheese Open Daily 10am - 4pm *An absolute must! Try chocolate cheese, bacon dill jalapeño tomato & many more!
- World’s Largest Culver’s: Dine in or out for excellent views with tasty food! rte 59 Edgerton
- Norm’s HideAway: Outstanding food, drinks, desert Huge portion ice cream! Fun atmosphere inside & outside w/ live music! Nautical Sports Bar w/ lively atmosphere . . . boat or drive to its a really fun destination!
- Buckhorn Supper Club: Known for good food & Wisconsin charm, dine inside or out on the Lake patio!
- Edgerton Inn Restaurant, rte 51 west on Indianford towards the gorgeous Rock River Dam to this tiny home made breakfast spot for eggs & biscuits & gravy, bring: Fishing poles, Pontoon Boat, Hiking Shoes or Bikes
- Railway Express Restaurant: Amazing food in charming train station cafe! Absolute must for coffee, shakes, breakfast, lunch!
- Two Brother’s Restaurant / Sports Bar: Outstanding Friday Fish! Lunch / Dinner / Drinks - indoor w/ seasonal garden seating
- Ray’s Family Restaurant: Great food, portions, & value for breakfast, lunch, or dinner & desserts anytime! Tasty, tons of choices, comfortable, friendly! Across from Piggly Wiggly Grocery & Family Dollar rte 51 north Edgerton
- Kwik Trip Edgerton rte 51 n.: For a Quick hot meal anytime! Also large assortment of great value food & drinks when you are on the go. Hot soups, chili, brats, hot dogs, egg rolls, veggies & dip, salads, fruit, hot & cold drinks
- Edgerton Swimming Pool rte 51 n: Local pool for $5 per person fun for the afternoon multiple pools & *Central Park playground & skate park next door! Large playground! You can bring food to pik-nik at the park!
- Palmer Park & Swimming Pool Janesville, Free & bring lunch & snacks, perfect for families & children will enjoy!
- Fat Boys Ribs: Barbecue, sandwiches, take out on rte 51 n. Adorable w/ penny candy to choose from their fishing boat!
- Rock Aqua Jay Water Ski Show Janesville: Performances & practice twice a week *Multi Award Winning Show! Seasonal in Summer!
- Skelly’s Farm Janesville: Huge Slide! Incredible Mazes! apples, pumpkins, cider, rides . . . Variety of Seasonal Events & Halloween Fun!
- Piggly Wiggly Grocery on 51n. Edgerton. Great beer & wine selection, pre made salads & food; near dollar store, a 8 min drive
Discover several excellent restaurants, supper clubs & pubs within minutes by driving or boating to this outstanding Wisconsin Vacation! . . Relax on the shore at home, enjoying plenty of fire wood provided for your bon fires!
Enjoy over 220’ of shoreline perfect for *seasonal swimming, boating, fishing, & all water sports & snow sports, sledding, tubing, ice skating, Ice fishing, biking, nature hikes, photography, relaxing on the ROCK RIVER & LAKE KOSHKONONG, WISCONSIN
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 2 2017 - Sep 1 2017
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 10 guests; add $28 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning Fee, Laundry||$298|
Summer Season Rental: Memorial Day-Labor Day is Weekly Fri-Fri
Non Summer Season Rental: Labor Day-Memorial Day 2 Night Minimum Weekends/Week days
Optional Pontoon Rental Red Suncruiser 12 seats & incl. vests: $375/day or $1,500/ wk incl. unlimited use, 1st gas tank!
Dog Fee: $20/ Dog/ Night NO Cats
$200 Upcharge: Thanksgiving,Xmas,New Years,Memorial Day,July 4,LaborDay No Weddings/No Add'lGuests
Payment Terms are 50% Check or Money Order with Contract, and remaining 50% Check or Money Order is Due 90 days in advance of rental. *or Pay in Full option with Add'l $100 *Discount! Larger groups over 10 require refundable $300 security check. Dogs are considered for $20/ Lrg D og/night & $10/ Sm Dog/night