2br 2ba with dock, kayaks, paddle boards, row boat and sand beach near Acadia
About Paul Grinde
My wife (Ashlee) and I grew up in the coastal Maine area. We live on Mount Desert Island, and have rented vacation homes for the past 7 years (Chambers Oceanfront Cottages). We love where we live and we enjoy the water.
Paul Grinde purchased this House in 2017
Why Paul Grinde chose Franklin
This property is our second home. We fell in love with the location and comfort it offers. We purchased George's Pond House in July, 2017 and have discovered a whole new way of relaxation and gratitude for nature and waterfront living. George's Pond house was built with no details spared, and luxury / comfort in mind. The House sits 25 feet from George's Pond with incredible Westerly views which capture full days of sun, and amazing sunsets. The house has a standby generator, reverse osmosis drinking water system, comfortable furniture, and breathtaking views. We love this property and are so thankful we can be part of such a wonderful community along George's Pond.
What makes this House unique
No need to rent kayaks or paddle boards because we have them ready for your use. We supply a propane grill with propane, wood fire pit, multiple entertainment / seating areas, and easy access off state roads.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
loved our stay!
amazing and positive access with the owner/manager, lovely house and lake front property, full kitchen and grill, dock and kayaks....highest regards
Peaceful home with amazing ammenitites!
Our family of 5 (kids 19,16, & 11) had an amazing trip to Maine! This property exceeded expectations. Everything feels brand new, clean and high quality - from the towels to the appliances. The views are incredible. Access to kayaks & paddle boards was such a perk and our kids loved it. The drive to Acadia is a solid 45 min so you need to plan the day creatively - but we packed lunches & took change of clothes in car to spend evening/dinner in Bar Harbor. I enjoyed retreating to the quiet town after the busy tourist area of the day's activities. This was our first trip to Maine and we will definitely be back again. The owner was easy to reach and even has quite a few "staples" already stocked. They clearly have put a lot of thought into the property.
The Franklin House
Okay, I admit it. I over-research vacation.
For me, and counter to most folks' opinions, half the fun is in the research and planning.
Even the most tedious details bring me joy.
So know that when I recommend a place, I've poured hours and hours over the competition, obsessively weighing every factor, considering everything in relation to other options.
Franklin House was simply THE BEST choice of the literally hundreds of VRBO AND hotel options I researched for an Acadia National Park trip.
Here's why it turned out to be a GEM of a pick!
1. Why Franklin? Escaping to the Maine wilderness for a much-needed break, we wanted to just get away from the city more than anything. Franklin is about 45 minutes from the park, but a pleasant drive. If you're going to really see Maine, you're going to have to drive a bit anyway. We wanted an 1. upscale house a 2. little bit in the country with 3. all the comforts of home, where 4. each of us could have a little separation.
2. Water. George's Pond is stunning, clear, quiet. We kayaked often. We only saw 4 people on the lake the entire 5 days--just the steady white noise of crickets and a crackling fire. We sat outside every night and applauded the vibrant sunset show with raspberry Stoli. Livin’.
3. You have everything you have at your own house, only it’s a much cooler house LOL. There are 2 bedrooms plus a ladder-accessed loft area in the upstairs bedroom that could sleep 2-4 kids, and serve as a pretty cool fort!. It looked like both the couch and the loveseat in the family room were pullouts, but we didn't open them. There are 2 great bathrooms with showers and a well-appointed kitchen (granite the colors of Cadillac mountain granite—nice touch) and a good dishwasher. 3 large screen TVS with cable. We all got solid WIFI connection.
4. Cleanliness is next to godliness. I'm on vacation. The house I'm staying in should be cleaner than my own. Franklin House was spotless. The linens and towels were high quality. There's a high-capacity washer dryer. The house is obviously well-maintained and loved.
5. Lagniappe for you. When I'm away, I want access to the little accoutrements that make life easy—a hair dryer, bug repellent, a pitcher for tea, a razor, extra towels—anything that might come up. Everything we needed, we found.
We absolutely LOVED this place!
Only one caveat: black flies are real. Read up and take it seriously with Deet.
Enjoy your stay!
Nice peaceful getaway
The house was absolutely clean as could be. Friendly, accommodating hosts. Very comfortable, well appointed, modern conveniences. Off the beaten path, but a close enough drive to enjoy the park and Bar Harbor.
Beautiful sunsets across George's Pond.
Amazing and peaceful
We thought that this was an awesome location. It is close enough to Bar Harbor to make day trips, but it is also far enough that it does not feel touristy. It was perfect and I hope that we will return again sometime.
The cottage is very close to new Construction.. very clean and quite.. parking is off the street ,so those of us with high end vehicles sleep even better... the view is outstanding... tankless hot water allows endless showers and water for all appliances...