About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Sleeps: 4 + 1. Bedrooms: 2. Bathroom: 1
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
RECEPTIVE STRUCTURE. Casetta Selvella is a stone farmhouse dating from the nineteenth century, surrounded by the green hills of Umbria and situated in a small village a few kilometers from Castiglione del Lago, one of the oldest and most picturesque of the region. Recently renovated in keeping with the original plan it has been provided with all the modern conveniences and accurately finished off in accordance with the dictates of the local architectural tradition, with characteristic wooden-beamed ceilings and handmade terracotta flooring on the ground floor. Casetta Selvella is the ideal place for those looking for a holiday of wellbeing, tranquillity and unspoilt nature. At the same time, its perfect geographical position between Tuscany and Umbria, thanks also to an excellent road system, allows guests to make short trips to the many interesting tourist destinations of great gastronomic, cultural and artistic importance in the vicinity: Montepulciano, Pienza, Cortona, Orvieto, the Val d'Orcia are just a short distance away as are major art cities like Siena and Perugia, not to mention, finally, the famous spas of Chianciano Terme and San Casciano dei Bagni.
The house has two floors. The entrance on the ground floor leads directly to a spacious living area composed of a sitting room, dining area and kitchen, forming a single open space. The floor is completed by a study with single divan bed and a bathroom with shower. The entire ground floor has outside access via French windows which, from the kitchen and sitting room, open on to the porch with a dining area and, from the study, to the pool area. Indoor and outdoor staircases lead up to the first floor with the sleeping area composed of two double bedrooms (one with divisible bed and panoramic balcony) and a bathroom with shower and tub.
The property is completely fenced in and covers an area of 3000 square meters. The inner park, covered largely by a well-kept lawn surrounding the house, contains an olive grove and an attractive vegetable garden for guests who wish to savour the genuine products of the land. The garden all around is enriched by a varied assortment of herbs and colourful flowers with heady scents, such as roses, oleanders, irises, gladiolas, and invites guests to spend their days outdoors and to admire the enchanting spectacle of nature which, with its cycles, fills the surrounding countryside with shimmering colours and tones. The porch, easily accessible from the kitchen, is furnished with table and chairs for outdoor dining. A second portico, adorned with wisteria plants and furnished with armchairs and coffee table, at the side of the sitting room provides a pleasant area to sit and relax looking out over the magnificent view of the peaceful countryside. Finally, in the pool area, a pergola furnished with table and chairs and barbecue, is the ideal spot for delicious alfresco grills.
The pool is located in the inner garden of the property and is about 5 m from the house and is on the same level, in a beautiful panoramic position overlooking the surrounding countryside. Rectangular-shaped, it measures 7 x 4 m with a constant depth of 1.5 m. It is lined in PVC with a travertine border and has Roman steps for access into the water. The purification plant is chlorine. Around the pool is a large solarium area with well-kept lawn and furnished with sunbeds and deckchairs. Completing the area is a pergola with table and chairs and a Jacuzzi. The pool is open from the last Saturday of April to the first Saturday in October.
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- English, Italian, French, Russian, German, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
LOCATION The villa is ideally located for discovering Tuscany and Umbria and their most famous cities such as: Trasimeno Lake, Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Pienza, Montepulciano, Cortona and Cetona. The Chiusi train station and A1 exit are at 20 minutes from the villa connecting it directly to places like Florence, Siena and Rome. Daytrips can be easily made. Airports: Perugia 65 km, Firenze 152 km, Roma 212 km, Bologna 238 km, Pisa 240 km Train Station: Castiglion del Lago 8,5 km, Chiusi 16 km Highway: From South: exit A1 Chiusi 16 km. From North: exit A1 Valdichiana 37 km Attractions within 100 km: Chianciano Terme 21 km, Cetona 22 km, Citta della Pieve 25 km, Cortona 29 km, Montepulciano 29 km, San Casciano dei Bagni 35 km, Pienza 39 km, San Quirico d’Orcia 44, Perugia 56, Montalcino 60 km, Orvieto 64 km Services and shops: Gioiella 1,5 km, Castiglion del Lago 9,5 km Beach: Castiglione della Pescaia 170 km Access road: 1.2 km of dirt road in good condition, last 300 metres of dirt road uphill
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 500,00€ The price includes: water gas for cooking purposes weekly linen internet fast connection initial and final cleaning and pool and park maintenance The price does not include: electricity extra cleaning in case of animals (€ 50,00 per week/animal) tourism tax (€ 0,80 per person per day for the first 5 days. Please note that children under 14 years old will not pay) On Request extra cleaning (€ 15,00/hour/cleaner) extra linen (€ 12,00/person) heating (based on up to date market prices) firewood (€ 20,00/100 kg)