About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Sleeps: 6. Bedrooms: 3, Bathrooms: 3
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
RECEPTIVE STRUCTURE. Le Macine is a farmhouse which the owners finished renovating with great skill in 2011. It dates to the beginning of the 20th century and its name derives from the fact that along the entrance drive are present two antique millstones of an old oil mill. The renovation was carried out using the classic materials with which farmhouses were built in the past: from Barberino stone for the walls to terracotta floors, open-face beams and the travertine used for the showers in the bathrooms. The house is situated between the Val d’Orcia, a well-known area for the presence of the crete senesi (Siennese clays) and centres of great interest such as Pienza and Montalcino, and the Maremma, known for its vast countryside extending to the Tyrrhenian Sea. The little town of Castel del Piano is just a few kilometres away. It enjoys a splendid panorama of the surrounding hills, enabling one to appreciate the three old castles which in the past dominated from on high this part of Tuscany.
The farmhouse consists of two storeys. The main entrance, situated under the panoramic portico, leads directly into the living room with an imposing fireplace (which functions as a wood stove). On the left of the living room is the spacious kitchen which also has direct access to the portico, furnished with table and chairs for outdoor meals. Between the kitchen and the living room a corridor leads to the sleeping area on the ground floor, composed of a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower and a twin bedroom (with joinable beds) with ensuite bathroom with shower. From the kitchen a terracotta staircase leads to the first floor with another double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower and a panoramic balcony overlooking the surrounding hills and valleys.
The fenced-in property extends over about 1 hectare of land sited on two terracings. The part of the garden around the house is planted with lawn, with cypresses and olives. Between the house and the swimming pool is a large brickwork barbecue. The portico is the ideal spot for outdoor dining whilst enjoying the panorama of the splendid Tuscan countryside.
Five terracotta steps lead down to the pool which is set about 10 metres from the house in a panoramic position. It measures 7 x 10 m with a constant depth of 1.40 m. The pool is entered by large steps; it is lined with sand-coloured PVC and has chlorine purification. The pool border is in stone while the solarium area is paved in terracotta. Sun beds and sun umbrella as well as a coldwater shower are at the guests’ disposal. The pool is open from the last Saturday of April until the first Saturday of October.
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- English, Italian, French, Russian, German, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
LOCATION Situated on the side of Monte Amiata, the medieval borgo of Castel del Piano is a health resort surrounded by chestnut woods. It is an ideal holiday spot in all seasons thanks to its natural beauty (trekking paths, ski pistes, nature reserves etc). The proximity to the Tuscan coast (60 km) offers the opportunity of pleasant days at the beach resorts. The motorway exit Chiusi-Chianciano Terme and the railway station of the same name are 60 km away. Airports: Pisa 150 km, Firenze 170 km, Roma 270 km Train Station: Grosseto 50 km, Chiusi 60 km Highway: Coming from north: A1 exit Firenze Impruneta 133 km; coming from south A12 Roma Civitavecchia 148 km Attractions within 100 km: Castiglione d'Orcia 18 km, Montalcino 28 km, Pienza 39 km, Montepulciano 43 km, Grosseto 50 km, Siena 73 km, Argentario 96 km Services and shops: Castel del Piano 5 km Beach: Tyrrhenian Sea - Castiglione della Pescaia 72 km Access road: Paved till the entrance
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 500,00€ The price includes: electricity for current use water gas for kitchen use initial and final cleaning weekly linen park and pool maintenance The price does not include: electricity for air conditioning (on consumption up to date market prices) extra cleaning when animals are present (€ 30,00 per animal per week) tourism tax (where applicable) On Request extra cleaning (€ 15,00/hour/cleaner) extra linen change (€ 12,00 per person) heating (on consumption up to date market prices) firewood (€ 20,00/100 kg) wireless internet key (€ 25,00 per week)