About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Sleeps: 18 + 4. Bedrooms: 9. Bathrooms: 10
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
THIS VILLA IS AVAILABLE ALSO IN 14 AND 10 SLEEPS VERSION, PLEASE CONTACT THE PROPERTY MANAGER.
RECEPTIVE STRUCTURE. Nonno Fernando is a farmhouse built entirely in stone whose origins date roughly back to the beginning of the 19th century. In the recent renovation the present owners have preserved the original layout of the various rooms. Salvage materials have been used for the roofs and floors, covered with Tuscan terracotta; the exposed ceiling beams in chestnut wood have been kept. The house is situated in the luxuriant Tuscan countryside, just a few minutes from the attractive medieval town of Cortona, clinging to the steep hillside overlooking the Val di Chiana and Lake Trasimeno. Its convenient position, well connected to major roads and well served by the railways, makes it easy to organize excursions to the numerous villages in the vicinity and to visit the main towns of Umbria and Tuscany. All this, enriched by the numerous, high quality wine and food proposals of Tuscan culinary tradition, with the unmistakable simple but intense flavours of the typical dishes.
The house has two floors and includes the main house with the communal areas and five annexes. The main entrance leads into the central structure with a large living room, dining room with fireplace and fully equipped kitchen, all connected by archways, and a toilet. From the ground floor, two staircases situated, respectively, to the left and right of the main entrance lead up to the annexes on the first floor. The first annex is composed of a twin bedroom and a bathroom with shower, a triple bedroom and a double bedroom, both with ensuite bathroom with shower. On the same level, and opposite the entrance to the first annex, is the second annex composed of a twin bedroom and a double bedroom, both with ensuite bathroom with shower. A spiral staircase leads up to the loft with single divan-bed and bathroom with shower. The other staircase leads to the third annex composed of a study with double divan-bed, a double bedroom and a bathroom with shower. The last two annexes are reached from the back of the house, one on the left and one on the right. One annex Is composed of a double bedroom and a twin bedroom (with direct outside access as well), both with ensuite bathroom with shower. The last annex is composed of a double bedroom and a bathroom with shower. Each single annex has a small sitting room and kitchenette.
The park around the house extends for a total of 18 hectares. Beds with colourful flowers and lavender bushes adorn the garden with its well-kept lawn of about 2.5 square metres. Beside the pool a rose garden of yellow roses frames the solarium area. The estate contains typical Tuscan trees such as olives and elms as well as a vast orchard of walnuts, figs and pomegranates at the disposal of guests. The large, well-kept areas induce guests to spend time outdoors, taking their meals under the large umbrellas in the dining area outside the kitchen, where a brickwork barbecue is situated, or else playing ping pong in the shade of a gazebo or kicking a ball about. They can also relax under one of the gazebos placed in various points of the garden and simply admire the wonderful view of the hill of Cortona before them.
The swimming pool is about 70 metres from the house and is situated on the same level. It is rectangular in shape and measures 12 x 6 m with a depth varying from 1.20 m to 1.50 m and has an outdoor cold-water shower. Roman steps composed of 4 large steps lead into the water. The pool is lined with PVC and has chlorine purification and underwater lighting. The border and area around the pool is paved with Tuscan terracotta for 1.5 m whilst the solarium area, provided with sunbeds, chairs, armchairs and umbrellas, occupies the surrounding, well-kept lawn. There are two gazebos in the pool area, close to each other, furnished with armchairs and coffee tables, ideal for relaxing, on one’s own or in company, with a good glass of wine. The pool is open from the last Saturday in April until the first Saturday in October.
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, french, german, spanish, russian, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
The Location is an ideal starting point for who wish to have nice daily trip and sightseeing all over South Tuscany and Umbria as well: being the city of Cortona located not far either from the motorway A1 ( exit Valdichiana) and from the freeway Siena-Perugia. Very well known sites like Siena, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Perugia, Assisi and so on can be reached in less than hour driving as well as the hidden and maybe most beautiful corners of this 2 regions. Big cities like Florence or Rome can be easily reached also by train ( and we suggest to use it in high season to avoid traffic roads) being Cortona served by 2 train railways stations. Above all we are quite sure that you will fall in love with the ancient atmosphere of this beautiful town. All shops and facilities in the big village of Camucia, nice restaurants, bars, cafes, shops in Cortona. Supermarket are open also on Sunday morning.
Airports: Perugia 56 km, Firenze 126 km, Pisa 216 km, Roma 236, Milano 460 km
Train Station: Camucia 2,5 km, Terontola 3,5
Highway: A1 Exit Valdichiana 16 km
Attractions within 100 km: Cortona 6,5 km, Arezzo 52 km, Lago Trasimeno 19 km, Siena 66 km, Montepulciano 25, Montalcino 60 km, Pienza 38 km, Perugia 47 km, Assisi 70 km, San Casciano dei Bagni 64, Orvieto 88 km, Gaiole in Chianti 72 km
Services and shops: Camucia 2,5 km
Beach: Tyrrhenian Sea 152 km
Access road: 800 m of gravel road in good conditions
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 1.000,00 € The price includes: gas for cooking use water linen initial and final cleaning park and pool maintenance The price does not include: electricity (on consumption up to date market prices) extra when animals are present (€ 50,00 per animal per week) tourism tax (€ 2,00 per person per day for the first 4 days. Please note that children under 12 years old will not pay) On Request extra cleaning (€ 15,00/hour per cleaner) extra linen (€ 12,00 per person) heating (on consumption up to date market prices) internet wireless connection (€ 30,00 per week)(free internet connection from 2018) firewood (€ 20,00/100 Kg)