About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Sleeps: 12 + 3. Bedrooms: 6. Bathrooms: 6.
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
THIS VILLA IS AVAILABLE ALSO IN 8 SLEEPS VERSION, PLEASE CONTACT THE PROPERTY MANAGER.
RECEPTIVE STRUCTURE. This magnificent historical convent in the Val D'Era, full of the charm of another age, dating probably to the 18th century, stands in the vicinity of the church of San Biagio. Thanks to its dominant position, the large garden offers a view of the hills interspersed with the colours of the different cultivations. The interior has been tastefully restructured in respect of the rural tradition, maintaining the terracotta tiled floors and wooden beamed ceilings. The large living room on the ground floor is an invitation to conviviality: a billiard table, comfortable divans and, in the dining room, a large table for leisurely meals. Situated a few kilometres from Volterra, jewel of Etruscan, Roman, Medieval and Rennaissance art, which dominates, from a 550 m high hill, the valley of the river Cecina as far as the sea, San Biagio is the ideal spot for a Tuscan holiday, exploring one of the most uncontaminated areas of the region, not far from the sea and the beautiful art cities like Florence, Pisa, Siena, Lucca and San Gimignano.
The house consists of three floors. The main entrance on the ground floor leads into a big entrance hall with fireplace and then to the large living room with dining area and oven room ideal per pizzas. On this floor is a big kitchen subdivided into cooking area, dining area, pantry and verandah and also a double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower and a service bathroom. All the rooms on the ground floor have outside access through French windows. A tiled staircase in the living room leads down to the basement with a capacious triple bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower. A tiled staircase in the entrance hall leads up to the top floor composed of two triple bedrooms, both with ensuite bathroom with shower, one double bedroom with en suite bathroom with whirlpool tub and one double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower.
The house is surrounded by 1,500 sq m of lawn and 2 hectares of olives and woodland, facing a terraced terrain with a splendid view, with a swimming pool and solarium area with gazebo, table and chairs. Every corner of the garden is provided with tables, chairs and open air lounges, allowing guests to enjoy the tranquillity of this magical place.
Open from the last Saturday in April until the first Saturday in October, the pool is situated in a splendid panoramic position overlooking the Volterra hills. Situated lower down than the house and only a few metres from it, it is reached by 10 easy steps or else, for those wanting to avoid the steps, by a little road going round the house. The rectangular pool measures 11 x 5 m with a depth varying from 1.35 to 1.50 m and has a ladder to enter the water. It is lined with PVC with a border in stone. The tiled solarium area is provided with sun beds, deckchairs and chairs. On one side of the pool is a large gazebo furnished with chairs and a small wooden table. There is a cold water outdoor shower.
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- English, Italian, French, Russian, German, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
LOCATION The town of Volterra, and its splendid territory is, probably, one of the most varied and rich parts of Tuscany. Its undisputed historical tradition joins with the splendid natural surroundings which offer, from the landscape to the vegetation and fauna, an imposing patrimony. Situated in the heart of Tuscany, about 40 km from the sea and not far from the most important art cities of the region (Florence: 70 km; Siena: 47 km; San Gimignano: 29 km), Volterra is a tourist destination not to be missed as well as the ideal spot for relaxing holidays in very evocative countryside. Airports: Pisa 57 km, Firenze 73 km, Bologna 163 km, Roma 325 km Train Station: Pontedera 36 km Highway: A1 exit Firenze Impruneta 75 km Attractions within 100 km: Pisa, Firenze, Lucca, Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano Services and shops: Villamagna 5 km (for emergencies) Volterra 13 km Beach: Tyrrhenian Sea 35 km Access road: 1,5 km of gravel road
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 1000,00€ The price includes: water weekly linen initial and final cleaning park and pool maintenance internet wireless connection The price does not include: electricity (€ 50,00 per week in low season; € 100,00 per week in medium and in high season) extra cleaning in case of animals (€ 30,00/week/animal) On Request extra cleaning (€ 15,00/hour/cleaner) extra linen change (€ 15,00 per person) heating (on consumption up to date market prices) firewood (€ 20,00/100 kg)