About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Sleeps: 16 + 4. Bedrooms: 9. Bathrooms: 7
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
THIS VILLA IS AVAILABLE ALSO IN 12 and 8 SLEEPS VERSIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE PROPERTY MANAGER.
An eighteenth century structure only a few kilometers away from Lake Trasimeno with the Etruscan town of Cortona behind it, Villa delle Sophore stands on what was once the border between the Grand Duchy of Tuscany and the Papal States and a smuggling area. The conservative renovation has not prevented the house from being made warm and hospitable, extremely comfortable and liveable. The frescoes, painted vaults, majestic entrance hall and, in particular, the decor enfold the visitor in an unreal, timeless atmosphere. Every room has been meticulously decorated, exclusively with antique furniture, the result of a patient and targeted research on the part of the owners without, however, renouncing all modern comforts: LCD television sets, stereo, internet and fully equipped gym. The guests Villa delle Sophore can count on the availability at the owners who live in a outbuilding of the villa with an independent entrance. The strategic position of the villa allows guests to organize pleasant excursions to Lake Trasimeno or to reach the nearby historical centres of Cortona, Montepulciano, Pienza, Chiusi, just a few kilometres away, as well as the famous art cities of Siena, Florence, Perugia and Roma. NO SMOKERS HOUSE.
The villa consists of two floors plus a loft. The main entrance door is on the ground floor. This floor is divided into a living area composed of sitting room, dining room with large fireplace and fully equipped kitchen and into a sleeping area composed of two double bedrooms and two bathrooms, one with tub and one with shower. A spectacular, square based, spiral staircase leads up to the first floor composed of two double bedrooms with en suite bathroom with shower (one with hydromassage shower), a bathroom with tub and double bed, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms with shower (one with hydromassage shower) and a hidden laundry room. The first floor also has two communicating rooms used as single bedroom with intermediate floor and reading room and games room and TV. In the mezanine there is also a fully equipped gym and a sitting area. In four of the double rooms it is possible to add a single bed. The firepalces in the reading room and in one of the bedrooms are ornimental. WE KINDLY ASK CLIENTS TO NOT SMOKE INSIDE THE VILLA.
The exterior of the villa is well maintained and pleasant, the pool is set in the centre of a garden-park characterized by the lake climate, always mild and breezy, and by plants of rare beauty. The pair of 'sophore japaniche pendule giganti', from which the villa takes its name, represent the highest that the territory and vegetation can offer. All around are oak woods, every kind of local flora and fauna, in respect of the nineteenth century tradition that liked to mix English and Italian styles. The park is completed by a splendid period lemon-house, a solarium, an antique gazebo and the splendid fountain of the same period.
The pool is open from the last Saturday of April to the first Saturday of October. It is only a few metres from the house, in a slightly lower position and is easily reached from the garden down a slight slope. Privacy is guaranteed by a laurel hedge which separates the solarium area from the rest of the park. The pool is ten-sided and is provided with a ladder to enter the water and a cold water shower. It measures 10 x 5 m with a constant depth of 1.25 m. It is lined with PVC and the border and solarium area are in parquet. It is provided with sun beds, deckchairs and is surrounded by old trees providing areas of shade. Near the pool is a big open verandah with a large table and chairs, ideal for leisurely outdoor dining.
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, Italian, French, Russian, German, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 12, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
What a stunning place to stay and relax.
Excellent property, very well equipped, very clean.
Very friendly landlord, nice garden and great pool, all in all an outstanding location.
Excellent in all respects !!!
We will be delighted to stay again in the future and have to warmly recommend other families to consider booking. You won't be disappointed.
This Is A Very Special Rental !!!
If you are looking for a great Tuscan vacation in a beautiful Tuscan villa, close to excellent food, wine and some of the most spectacular scenary you can imagine, then look no further. This is the place for you.
The house is wonderful and definitely worth the price!
A wonderful experience
The character of the property is fantastic.
The park was very beautiful, perfect for a stay with children and the rare sophore trees wonderful.
The furnishings and tastefully done decoration of the house and rooms was a delight! It felt good to be in a house that oozes history. I would certainly go again!
Charming, clean, beautiful setting. It was a nice house - not so nice that it was uncomfortable but nice like a Tuscan farmhouse would be. We loved it.
Clean, spacious, well organised and a great location. We had a wonderful stay at the villa and enjoyed every minute of it. The pool and the gardens were fantastic! All in all a fantastic holiday!
LOCATION The Location is an ideal starting point for who wish to have nice daily trip and sightseeing all over South Tuscany and Umbria as well: being the city of Cortona located not far either from the motorway A1 ( exit Valdichiana) and from the freeway Siena-Perugia. Very well known sites like Siena, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Perugia, Assisi and so on can be reached in less than hour driving as well as the hidden and maybe most beautiful corners of this 2 regions. Big cities like Florence or Rome can be easily reached also by train ( and we suggest to use it in high season to avoid traffic roads) being Cortona served by 2 train railways stations. Above all we are quite sure that you will fall in love with the ancient atmosphere of this beautiful town. All shops and facilities in the big village of Camucia, nice restaurants, bars, cafes, shops in Cortona. Supermarket are open also on Sunday morning. Airports: Pisa 220 km, Firenze 132 km, Bologna 220 km, Roma 230 km Train Station: Terontola 6 km Highway: A1 exit Valdichiana 20 km Attractions within 100 km: Todi 86 km, Orvieto 92 km, Arezzo 57 km, Lago Trasimeno 11 km, Montepulciano 26 km, Pienza 39 km, Assisi 64 km, Perugia 44 km, Firenze 100 km, Siena 72 km Services and shops: Pietraia 2 km, Petrignano 2,5 km Beach: Marina di Grosseto (Tyrrhenian Sea) 156 km Access road: Paved road until the gate
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 1.500,00€ The price includes: electricity water gas for kitchen use weekly linen initial and final cleaning park and pool maintenance use of the gym internet wireless connection The price does not include: air conditioning (electricity on consumption up to date market prices € 0,40 Kwh) heating (on consumption up to date market prices) extra cleaning in case of animals (€ 30,00/week/animal) tourism tax (€ 1,50 per person per day for the first 4 days. Please note that children under 12 years old will not pay) On Request extra cleaning (€ 15,00/hour/cleaner) extra linen change (€ 12,00 per person) firewood (€ 20,00/100 kg Finnish sauna (€ 30,00/week)