This fantastically spacious apartment is located on Great King Street in Edinburgh's city centre being just a 10 minute walk from George Street and Princes Street. It is on the top floor (2 flights of stairs) of a traditional Georgian period town house which was constructed around 1815 and extends over 2 floors with the largest bedroom taking up the entire upper floor. The accommodation otherwise comprises a very spacious living room with feature marble fireplace, separate dining area, fitted kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, single bedroom, bathroom with bath and separate shower and an additional toilet. Wifi Internet access is provided and parking may be available on request for an additional charge.
- Apartment1291 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Large 3 Bedroom Apartment Sleeping 8 People
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- English, French
- Calendar last updated:
- Jun 23, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Spacious and clean
We enjoyed our stay here. Comfortable, spacious, and clean. Great location. Be warned that there are 54 steps to climb to get to the unit. Unfortunately my mother (age 87) could not walk them so she had to stay at a hotel.
Great Apartment, professionally arranged
Party of six adults had a great three nights in the apartment. Everything was professionally arranged by Francois. Big rooms with plenty of room to relax.
Great place to stay
Our party of six stayed for three days. The apartment was well appointed, warm and spacious. As Francois admits, it's not a 5 star hotel but we didn't expect that. At 6' 1" the attic room and the shower were fine for me, but if you are 6' 6" you would have to be careful! It's a great base from which to see the sites of Edinburgh. If you have a car there is parking nearby but be careful (as I was) the traffic wardens go about their task with enthusiasm. If we are back in Edinburgh this will be the first place I will be looking at for accommodation.
Great space and flexible owner!
The owner was very flexible with our check-in and check out. Great space for the price.
It’s very good – could do with some minor improvements
Party of 8 adults stayed 9 nights in August 2017. Very good and enjoyable stay and would happily come back again.
- Very spacious, plenty of room for 8 of us to store items and not get in each other’s way. The flat is well decorated and feels homely.
- Excellent location - 10 minutes walk to Princes Street, 20 minutes to the Castle. Close to bus-stops and walkable distance to train station and tram stops. There’s a Tesco Metro and Sainsbury’s local within 2 minutes of the flat.
- Francois is an excellent host, accommodated our early arrival and late check-out requests and happy to answer questions.
- The property is good value if a lot of you stay, especially given the location.
Room for improvement:
- The kitchen has a small fridge/freezer. For a flat where 8 can stay it means frequent trips to the shops as you can’t store much food.
- The flat has a washing machine, but no tumble dryer (bit of a shame as it means hanging clothes on the provided drying racks).
- Whilst the kitchen is generally well-stocked, it would have been nice to have more than 1 tea-towel and a few extra of cutlery and plates (rather than the 8 sets of each).
- A few things around the flat needed a bit of care or repairing. The electronic clocks in the kitchen and living room didn’t work, the TV remote was falling apart and the plugs for the bath let water through. Small niggles but things that should be spotted between stays and fixed.
Some additional notes:
- The upper bedroom has 1 x Double Bed & 2 x Single Beds, the second bedroom has 1 x Double Bed & 1 Single Bed and then the third bedroom has 1 x Single Bed (so slightly different to that advertised).
- There’s no dishwasher – which can mean a lot of washing up if 8 of you stay!
- The kitchen is on the small side and the one room of the house where it feels like it wasn’t designed to accommodate so many people (there’s only a small oven for example). It perfectly fine to cook in, but more than 2 people in the room and it feels cramped.
I’d definitely recommend staying at the flat. Although it can sleep 8 adults, an ideal number would probably be 6, as that then gives a little bit more room and spare items for everyone.
Very good place to stay.
We loved the location.