One Bedroom, Stylish Apartment, With Private Courtyard Garden In City Centre
- english, Serbo-Croatian
I currently live in the UK. This is my second home which I and my family use as a holiday home. I thought that other visitors to the city would enjoy staying here, as we do. Unfortunately, I am unable to welcome my guests in person. However, I am in contact with guests at all times. Irina, the property manager, takes care of the apartment and guests. She will hand over the keys to you, show you around the place and explain how to use facilities. Both, Irina and I use various methods of communications. Please let me know how you would like to be contacted (phone, Skype, email...) Your opinion is important to us and comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Why Radmila chose Stari Grad
The property is inherited from our family. It has been renovated to high standard. We love it because, despite being situated in the middle of busy city centre, on one of the most important streets, the only noise you can hear during afternoon and night time is a drop of rain when it rains. Day time is usually equally quiet.
What makes this Apartment unique
The apartment is incredibly quiet and it has its own private courtyard garden. When you step in, coming from the busy street, you feel like stepping into a different world. The apartment has excellent insulation providing peaceful ambiance and comfort. Old brick walls, 70cm thick in places, are very helpful. The location is very convenient and easily accessible by all means of transport. Almost everyone, living and working in Belgrade, frequently passes by the corner, which is very often 'by the way' to many people. It is not a famous tourist spot on its own. However, it is in the centre of all centres, within a short walking distance from almost every popular site, right in the middle between Downtown and exclusive Vracar, as it is on the border of Downtown, borough of Stari Grad (Old Town).
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 4
- 1. Check in time is between 14:00 and 22:00 and check out before 11:00; 2. Children of all ages are welcome; 3. Pets are not allowed; 4. Wireless internet is available and is free of charge; 5. Smoking is only allowed in the open air areas; 6. Groups are accepted up to maximum of 4 people. No stag and hen groups; 7. Guests are not allowed to make unreasonable noise or disturb the neighbours in any way, especially between 10pm and 9am; 8. The guests and party members are responsible for ensuring that due care and attention is taken of the apartment and its contents during their stay. We reserve the right to charge the guest(s) for any damage caused by the guest or any of the guest's party. A full inventory check of the apartment is carried out before the guest's arrival and before the guest has departed. Any damage to the apartment, or missing, or damaged contents will be charged to guest(s); 9. Refundable damage deposit at the value of €100 is required to be paid in cash on arrival. The deposit is refunded in full, prior to departure, after inventory check, providing no damage or loss was done in the property; 10. Guests are responsible for taking out waist during their stay. Bin liners are provided; 11. The apartment is to be left in a clean and tidy condition on departure. 12. All breakages/damage to apartment fixtures/fittings and contents are to be reported immediately to the owner or managing agency, for replacement/ rectification, so as to ensure that future guests are not inconvenienced by such a loss; 13. We cannot be held responsible for personal injury, loss or damage to your own personnel items/effects and recommend that personal travel insurance is taken-out with a company of your choice.
Simply the Best!
We travel often to Europe & always stay in apartments. By far, this is the best equipped apartment you will ever find! Great location, very very quiet, lots of outdoor space, great tv, super cool ac 😎�, and clear instructions for everything in the apartment. You are greeted at the property & shown how everything works. She comes once a week to clean & answers you immediately if you have any questions. Don’t look any further- just book it & be happy😀�
Thank you for your stay at our apartment and for sharing your experience with other potential guests.
Grreat place great location
Lovely apartment, best stocked place we have ever stayed in, walking distance to almost everywhere, Irena who greeted us could not have been more helpful. Don't be put off by outside of building, the apartment itself is lovely and very quiet. We came by bus from airport and were given clear instructions on how to reach the apartment about 10 minutes easy walking with bags. Thanks Irena and Radmila if we are ever fortunate enough to come this way again we would stay here without hesitation. Laurei and Penny Pye
Dear Laurei and Penny,
We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the potential travelers.
We are thrilled that you loved your experience and look forward to seeing you again.
An outstanding experience!
I cannot find enough words to express how divine our stay was! On our first day, after travelling for a lot of hours, we were greeted by the amazing Irina who is the caretaker for the apartment, who endlessly helpful and cheerful, who stocked the fridge with milk, assured we were stocked with plenty of fruit, coffee, essentials such as washing powder, stain remover, the list is endless!
The apartment is impecibaly clean and so gorgeous, feels just like home! Extremely warm and cozy ambiance.
Irina was such a help with anything I needed and even came once a week to keep the apartment spotlessly clean.
The apartment was fully heated (we stayed in winter but it is also air conditioned for summer) Located in a very secure building and so very central ! Walking distance to all major Belgrade attractions.
The owner Radmila was a pure pleasure to communicate with, so polite and helpful.
If you need an apartment that is a stone throw from everything, that is located in a very secure building , that is cozy, clean and safe, and that has a brilliant owner and Caretaker look no further!
We will be back for sure
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your lovely comments about your stay at my apartment. A special thank you for mentioning Irina. I agree, she is always positive, helpful and kind.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, We would love to welcome you back.
Comfy, central location, excellent hosts
Great location, loved having a courtyard for meals and drying clothes and our greeter, Irini, was wonderful. Belgrade flies under the radar for most Americans but it’s an interesting city with fantastic eating.
Thank you very much for your kind words.
With best wishes,
Loved to stay there. 10 of 10. Manager Irena and the owner were very helpful!
The apartment is located in the vicinity of the famous Casino London (now Supermarket Idea London) from which the area gets its name, hence the name of the apartment. It is just a few steps from the beautiful Pionirski Park, which is surrounded by: the City Hall (Old Royal Court), the National Assembly, Tuckwood cinema complex, the Main Post Office open 24/7 and Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra (King Aleksander Boulevard).
In the immediate neighbourhood there are following useful facilities: a few meters up the street there is a grocery shop; down the street, next door to the building, there is a bank; further down the street, there is the only pharmacy in the city open 24/7, Wine Bar London and an Irish pub; opposite the building, there is a cafe bar, a restaurant, a pharmacy and a various shops; 24/7 supermarket, at Cvetni Trg with a number of cafe bars and restaurants, is approximately 5 minutes walk away (400m), opposite Yugoslavian Drama Theatre. Palata Beograd (Belgrade Palace) is only at a few minute walk (200m). The famous building is home to a number of media companies, businesses, a department store and supermarket in the basement. Opposite Palata Beograd, there are a few bakeries and a number of different shops.
Kneza Milosa street itself is known as a residence to a number of embassies and government buildings. The Parliament is located on the other side of the neighbouring park. Diagonally opposite the building, there is Turkish Embassy and Brazilian Embassy is a few meters further, in Krunska Ulica.
Most of the main tourist attractions and places of interests in Belgrade are within a ten minute walk:
• Theatres: National Theatre (900m), Pozoriste na Terazijama (Theatre at Terazije) famous for musical repertoire (500m), Yugoslavian Drama Theatre (400m).
• Museums: Nikola Tesla Museum in Krunska Ulica (700m), National Museum at Trg Republike (900), Museum 25 Maj (25. May Museum and Tito's memorial) and Museum of Yugoslavia (2,8km)
• Parks: Pionirski Park (10m), Tasmajdan (400m), Manjez (400), Kalemegdan, also historic place (1,5km); Botanicka Basta (Botanic Garden) (900m).
• Interesting places for walking: Pedestrian zone Knez Mihailova Street (800m), bohemian street Skadarlija (900m) with numerous traditional style restaurants, Trg Republike (Republic Square) (900m), Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra (King Aleksandar Boulevard), the longest urban street in Belgrade and a shopping avenue, starts 20m from the apartment and continues for 7,5km.
• Churches: Saint Marko's Church (450m), Hram Svetog Save (St Sava’s Temple) (1,2km).
• Open-air markets: Zeleni Venac (800m), Kalenic Pijaca via Krunska Ulica, one of the most beautiful streets in Belgrade (1,3km), Palilulska Pijaca (700m).
• Sport and fitness: Tasmajdan Sport Centre (450m) with an open-air and indoor swimming pool; Hala Pionir (Pionir Arena) famous for basketball matches (1,7km).
• Public garages: Pionirski Park (300m) and Masarikova (300m).
• Hospitals: The most respected hospital complex in the country, Klinicki Centre Srbije (Clinical Centre of Serbia) is about 5 minute walk to the nearest clinic within the complex (1km).
In the wider area, on the island on river Sava, Ada Ciganlina (4,5km), there are nice beaches (including a nudist beach), restaurants and a Golf club with a 9-whole court in the peaceful part of the island.
There is no need for a car. The nearest bus / tram / trolleybus stops are within 2 minutes' walk from the building, providing links to all parts of the city, while Kneza Milosa street itself is ideally positioned for the motorist getting in and out of central Belgrade.
The building is extremely well located for taxi pick-up / drop-off. If you prefer you own car, two public garages are just two minutes walk from the apartment, in opposite directions.
The location is ideal for easy to almost all parts of the city: between Downtown, Vracar (famous for St Sava’s Temple and excellent restaurants loved by locals), on the other side, there is the exclusive residential area, Senjak.