|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Lakefront contemporary, on Blackcat Island with easy access by car. Private island setting perfect for walks and bike rides, yet within 3 miles of Center Harbor. Stunning sunsets from your own 30x40 deck or large L shaped dock for boats up to 30'. 6 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, luxurious master suite with jacuzzi and double showers. Central air, hardwood, tile throughout. Large game room with Bumber Pool Table, Foosbal Table, and Big Screen TV. 6 Person Jacuzzi over looks the lake. Sleeps 14 comfortably.
Enjoy Lake Winnipesaukee with a Rental Boat from Shep Brown's Boat Basin for 7 days or more and receive $50 off per day with the Rental of this Fantastic Black Cat Island property.
The house is ideally located in a quiet corner of the lake that is protected from the prevailing winds. So: very little boat traffic (which Lake W. is notorious for), no wakes to speak of, and no strong winds to interfere with the daily swimming and sunbathing ritual. The anchored raft is a comfortable swim out for the kids, and the water was just right (not too cold). For the half of our group who are from California, the whole experience was both a surprise and a delight. They had nothing to compare it to.
The house itself is spacious and very nicely appointed, with lots of alternatives to hang out: enclosed porch, decks (lower and upper), the dock, seating area under the trees, game room, etc. The owner had just recently remodeled the kitchen, so the overall feel of the house is very contemporary.
We were also fortunate to have beautiful, sunny weather every day but the last (and even then, the rain was welcome), which made for one breathtaking sunset after another.
We rented this property sight unseen. It's hard to imagine that there could be a nicer property in a better location. We hope to go back in two years.
What an amazing and comfortable place! We spent a wonderful week at this beautiful home with my parents, five siblings & their spouses and six of the nine kids we have between us ages 7 - 20 (17 total). Everyone had a wonderful time – the kids were constantly in the water and when the rain hit we all played games and relaxed in the house. To borrow from Dan from NYC’s format, here is what we loved;
- Sitting in the beautiful screened in porch – this provided a wonderful place for our dad to hang out as he was not able to get down to the dock.
- The fully equipped kitchen – all the tools and utensils you could ever need.
- Sitting at the huge dining room table which served multiple purposes among them having family dinners with a view to the beautiful sunsets (you are pretty much facing due west) and engaging in some heated games of Scrabble (or as we call it Squabble)
- The beds which were really pretty comfortable!
- The “toys” – especially the canoe and kayaks
- The hot tub which got a lot of use
- The great location with easy access to farm stands and grocery
- Walking and kayaking around Black Cat Island
My brother handled the communications with the owner and said he was really responsive and easy to work with through the entire process!
I would only add that this is a really warm and comfortable place to spend a week and we are hoping to return next year!!!
An absolutely great vacation house for a group of 16 (9 adults, 7 kids ages 5-14).
Here's what we loved about the house:
- The house was fully stocked. The only thing we needed to bring were clothes and food. Nothing else. Things we brought that we thought they wouldn't have (e.g. Keurig), they had it.
- There was much more room than anticipated. The pictures make the spaces appear small, but they are not. We never felt like we were on top of each other. There were plenty of places to go inside and out.
- A screen house off the dining room was a very popular and comfortable spot for the older folks who wanted to stay out of the sun in the day, and stay away from the bugs at night - but still feel like they were outside with everyone else.
- Two refridgerators! A huge plus.
- The game room was a hit with the kids.
- The bedrooms and bathrooms were extremely clean, well kept, and spacious.
- The boats provided with the house (canoe, 2 person kayak, 1 person kayak, paddleboat) made for great fun and activity for the entire family all week.
- The lakefront setup was well manicured, beautifully lanscaped, and configured for maximum relaxation as well as activity. There was a great spot for the older adults to go in the water waist-deep. The kids swam to and jumped off the floating dock for hours on end (as did the adults). There are plenty of spots to just relax without being on/in the water as well (huge deck with plenty of seating, adirondack chairs in multiple locations, hot tub, screen house, hammock, bedroom balconies)
- A beautiful spot on the lake. Bring a sweatshirt for the early morning chill in the summer. Gorgeous sunsets every night. A few times a loon made his morning and evening dives for food just beyond the dock.
- The ownership was attentive, responsive, and clearly knows how to provide a space and atmosphere that allows a large group or family to have a wonderful lake house vacation.
Short story long, we loved the house. We ventured out to Weirs beach one day and the minute we got there, we just wanted to go back to the house. That's how much we loved being there and on the lake.
We will definitely be back to this house!
This house was PERFECT for our extended family summer vacation. We had 5 families, so there was at least a room for each, and there was sleeping for 18 (the number of people that stayed) so everyone had a place to sleep. It is very difficult to find a vacation house that will accommodate this many people comfortably. There was also plenty of room for folks to sit and eat or watch TV, either on the couches in the living room and game room, as well as in the dining room and on the deck.
The location is excellent, in a quiet part of the lake, and the western exposure made for amazing sunsets every night. The house's amenities (accurately described in the listing) provided for a fantastic summer vacation on the lake. There was plenty of room to sit and enjoy the weather and the view, from the enormous deck to the boat dock. The kids (age 3 - 18) all had a great time, spending lots of time swimming and fishing from the dock as well as playing in the game room. The adults made extensive use of the one and two person kayaks as well as the canoe (provided with the house). It was a great part of the lake to swim in as well, with beautiful clean water and limited boat traffic. We all (kids and adults) loved the swimming platform about 100 feet out from the dock. It was a great place to swim to and then hang out and relax.
The location is very convenient with only a 10 minute ride to Center Harbor to pick up groceries (great supermarket there - E.M. Heath) drinks or pizza. It is also only about a 15 minute drive to Meredith and Hart's Turkey Farm (our favorite restaurant) and 20 minutes to Fun Spot for the kids.
The owner (Ron Nathan) was incredibly easy going and accommodating, checking in with us shortly after we arrived to make sure everything was OK. The house was clean and comfortable, with great beds and plenty of plush towels.
All in all, this is the perfect house for a summer vacation for an extended family or more than one family. It is clean and spacious, with lots of amenities to make use of a beautiful location on Lake Winnipesaukee. Every one of us had a great time and the owner saw to it that we were comfortable and all our needs were met. THANKS RON!
We had a wonderful week with our extended family from MA and AZ. The weather couldn't have been any better. Beautiful sunny days and warm to hot weather. The kids (ranging in age from 8 -15) had a great time, swimming, kayaking (we brought our own) and knee boarding every day until they were all exhausted. The house has all of the amenities you could want on you vacation the kids especially loved the game room. All of the rooms were spacious, and there was plenty of room for the 14 of us. We would definitely come back here and will recommend the island and house to everyone. The owners were a pleasure to work with and checked in with us when we arrived and after our stay to make sure everything was okay. Great house, Great Vacation!!!
This was a wonderful place to spend a week’s vacation with our extended family. The house was great, with all the amenities you could need. Although the pictures online show how nice the house and surroundings are, not even those photos do the house nor surroundings justice as the house is amazing and the surroundings are beautiful. The island is an idyllic setting, even though we were there in April. Sitting on the deck and balcony were not only beautiful but peaceful. The house is very well-equipped to handle even large parties and had all the amenities to make it a very relaxing vacation. We will definitely be keeping this house in mind for any future vacations as will our friends as we will be sure to spread the word of how nice it is. Thank you again and best of luck.
Great boating with easy access to all of the lakes hot spots; 5 minutes to Center Harbor, 15 to Weirs Beach and Merideth, 20 min to Wolfboro. Great spot for kayaking around the island. 3 miles by car to Center Harbor, where you can board the Mount Washington and tour the lake. Other nearby attractions include Castle in the Clouds, Squam Lakes Nature Preserve, North Conway, Lincoln and the White Mountains. Hiking, golf, dining are all close by.
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
|Cleaning||$275 + Tax|
Towels and Linens are included in the base price
50% on signing
Balance 30 days before your stay
Cancellation up to 90 days before your stay
Forfeit of deposit if cancellation is less than 90 days