|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
This cedar, custom duplex mountain home has custom features throughout its five levels! Built on the side of a mountain, perched high in the pine trees, this unique home has all of its living spaces on different levels for maximum privacy and solitude. This home can accommodate up to ten people in its 3 bedroom, 3 bath, plus loft configuration.
The top two levels have a master bedroom and loft. The master bedroom has a queen size bed, master bath, and its very own private balcony. The master bath has a great garden tub, where, while you soak and relax, you can take in the splendid Yosemite forest and mountain views. The loft is lots of fun for the kids, and has one double bed and one single bed.
The main level is one large room with a high open beam ceiling, and has the kitchen, dining area, and living room that opens out to a deck with great views. There is also another deck on the main level by the entrance to the house. The living room has a wood burning stove/fireplace with granite rock surrounding, and Indian motif furniture, TV/DVD Satellite.
The two bottom levels have one bedroom on each level with one queen bed and one full bath, and are very private. There is also a media room, with a sofa bed, and a propane fireplace. There is 3 parking spot all year, sometimes 2 over winter months. We provide you with dishware, cookware, silverware, blankets, pillows, linens and towels. Condiments provided are: hot chocolate, Folgers coffee and filters, sugar packets, cream packets, Lipton tea, and salt & pepper. We also provide dishwasher detergent, hand soap, toilet paper, paper towels, and free firewood for units that have wood burning fireplaces. All our properties come equipped with propane BBQ’s, and we provide the propane.
• Do you have internet access at any of your home properties? Yes but very limited! Only a few of our home properties have recently been able to receive Internet access. Due to our remote location, and the fact that most of our properties are surrounded by tall Yosemite pine and cedar trees, it makes it almost impossible to receive clear satellite signals, cable isn’t available yet in our community. The system we currently have is a satellite based Internet system, and is vulnerable to adverse weather conditions, therefore we cannot guarantee Internet connectivity during your stay.
Our homes are the closest vacation accommodations to the incomparable Yosemite Valley, Badger Pass Ski Area, Glacier Point, Wawona Golf Course and Mariposa Grove, home of California’s Giant Redwood Trees. We are open 7 days a week
Scenic Wonders provides home, cabin and condominium accommodations in historic Yosemite. Centrally located, you’re just minutes from all the wonders of Yosemite! Avoid that 1-2 hour commute in and out of the park every day during your visit. By staying with Yosemite’s Scenic Wonders lodging, you can wake up in the morning refreshed and be at some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery in Yosemite National Park!
We had three couples (and a 2 year old) staying over Thanksgiving week. The home is well designed to provide privacy as each bedroom and bath is on a separate level. Note however that the lowest bed/bath had no dedicated heat source and relies on heat from the adjoining media room. The couple down there ended up sleeping on the floor of the media room. All else was as described. The home was clean and everything worked. We wre able to get some wifi there, although cell phone connections very spotty. Need to wait until you get into the village or try at the Tunnel View. The home is a 20 minute drive from the Valley and the drive includes a lot of winding roads that can get icy in wet weather. One other note - I sent a couple of emails to the "owner" (management company?) trying to get additional info and got no replies. Calling the management company provided better results. All in all a nice home for our family.
What activities will you do in Yosemite with all the choices you have? Welcome to the beauty of Yosemite National Park. You can take advantage of the wealth of fun activities offered in Yosemite, from hiking and exploring to bicycle riding, skiing and rock climbing.
Other recreational activities available in or near the park:
• You can go sightseeing with Park Service-guided tours. Bring your camera and plenty of film!
• You can also play tennis and golf, visit the famous Ahwahnee Hotel, eat at its 4-star restaurant, participate in Park Ranger-led events, learn the history of the valley, or just relax in your home away from home.
• Nearby attractions include the Giant Redwoods Grove, Glacier Point, Bridalveil Fall, Half Dome, the Tuolumne Meadows, the Merced River and many marked trails for day hikes both in the valley and surrounding parkland.
• In the wintertime, you can ice skate in the valley.