Elegant, old -world charm meets modern comfort in the newly renovated Serenity Suite. Part of Jim Thorpe's history - housed in an vintage soda fountain store that has retained late 19th century design details with the original storefront and display windows still intact, this adaptive reuse of a historic building allows guests to have a sense of local experience, and to explore the very best of our community.
Your surprise may be from the architecture that still remains with stately 10 - foot ceilings in both the kitchen and the bedroom and the impossible to miss - mirrored double doors with over door transoms. Spectacular carved wood pillars in the bedroom showcase elegant craftsmanship.
Modern design includes a full kitchen with new stainless steel appliances, open concept shelving with dishware, charcoal gray porcelain floor tiles. The Suite is fully furnished in a stylish, historic setting. Lighting is essential so why not make it amazing? It's the first thing you see when you enter the bedroom. Crystal chandeliers give visual balance to the bedroom's tall ceilings. The reflection bounces light off the lacquered ceiling, and the beautiful warm white walls. Brand new oak flooring adds a wonderful warmth to this truly unique and comfortable space. In embracing that particular era, 19th century French designers of the Louis Philippe era designed a beautifully sophisticated Country French Quarter Bedroom collection in a soft, candlelight Cherry finish.
We supply high quality bed linens and bath towels. You will find a newly renovated full bath with a walk - in shower with natural stone subway tiles. There is a half bath ( with hand rails). There is no bathtub. A laundry room with washer and dryer is provided for your use. There is an attached outdoor deck with BBQ grill and space for parking.
The Serenity Suite at the Glen Onoko Guesthouse includes;
- Whole house Wi-Fi access with a mesh network of Wi-Fi points
- Samsung Smart TV-- Roku streaming Netflix and Pandora radio
- *****New in 2019 ***** Sonos music player in the bedroom. Guests are invited to download the app
- You will find a 10- cup drip Mr. Coffee including filters, toaster, electric skillet, cookware, knives, cutting boards, prep bowls, electric hot water kettle
- We are one of the few buildings in Jim Thorpe with plenty of off - street parking, which is a nice luxury when town parking can be an issue.