Charming Cotswold Manor 9 Bedrooms, Private Outdoor Heated Pool, 7 Acre Gardens
About Candida Price
Experienced Bristol property renovator and interior designer, grew up in Hampshire but moved to Bristol and then to settle in the Cotswolds.
Candida Price purchased this Chateau / Country House in 1999
Why Candida Price chose Dursley
We chose the Manor because we fell in love with it as soon as we saw it. It's made a beautiful family home in a fantastic location. A little quirky, certainly interesting, historical and with an abundance of Cotswold charm.
What makes this Chateau / Country House unique
The views across the valley of the rambling Cotswold hills, the incredible gardens, with natural springs, the sound of running water and the centrepiece fountain. The house is welcoming and wonderful, full of light and love with original Georgian features and quirky curved hallways, magnificent large south facing rooms and a beautiful, contemporary kitchen with glass gable, overlooking the outdoor pool and gardens and 250 year old Copper Beech. Step out of our gates directly on the famous Cotswold Way where you can ramble to the nearest pub, enjoying the much loved Cotswold scenery along the way. All this and every local amenity you could need within 5 minutes of the Manor and activities and venues a stones throw away.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - All ages under supervisionAll ages under supervision
Pets allowed - House rules applicable - maximum 2 dogsHouse rules applicable - maximum 2 dogs
Parties/events allowed - No outdoor marquees, no stag parties/30th birthdayNo outdoor marquees, no stag parties/30th birthday
No smoking - Responsible smoking allowed outside the property Responsible smoking allowed outside the property
Max guests: 26
Minimum age of primary renter: 25 - Person making the booking must be min 25 years Person making the booking must be min 25 years
- Race Week, Xmas and New Year prices on request - no direct booking accepted No Stag or 30th birthdays
- Footfall charge applicable £20 per visiting guest No Pets Upstairs/on Furniture No noise outside or around the outdoor pool after 10.00pm
- Please note deposits are non-refundable for Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year bookings. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions and NOT HomeAway.
Ferney Hill was an excellent choice for our extended family of 14 to spend Christmas together. The house was lovely and warm and was decorated with numerous Christmas trees and fairy lights. We all managed to go for a lovely walk on Xmas morning thanks to the weather. Everyone had the best time
The property is incredible! The photos barely do it justice.. and our group had an amazing time. Place was immaculate and some extra touches were provided by the hosts for when we arrived!
Beautiful Home with Lots of Space
We had 14 people for a week and had a wonderful time! Lots of space for all. Bathrooms nicely updated. Kids loved the heated pool, pool table, ping pong table. Cotswold way right behind the property for great hiking. Easy walk to market and a few pubs.
What a fabulous property, gorgeous historic house and vast grounds . We held our parents 50th wedding anniversary vowel renewal ceremony here and couldn't ask for a better setting. Candida was very helpful and always very responsive to any questions we had. Our children spent many hours in the pool . Would definetly love a return visit !
Spa weekend and luxury with the whole family
As soon as you enter the gates of the Manor you feel like you’re transported to another world. The properly is full of character and is maintained to an excellent standard. It felt like a spa weekend for the whole family. Even though there are lovely walks and places to explore nearby we didn’t feel the need to leave the property as there was so much entertainment right there from the swimming pool to ping pong table to pool table. It’s rare and special occasions that we are able to get together as a whole family, and Ewelme Manor created a space for us to unwind and connect.
Thanks for everything!
The Central England / Cotswolds / Gloucestershire region
The Cotswolds, also known as 'The Heart of England', are the hills and valleys that make up the two famous counties of Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, drifting into the boundaries of some of the neighbouring counties. Literally translated as 'sheep enclosure in rolling hillsides',The Cotswolds is an area characterised by attractive small towns and villages built of the underlying, famous golden coloured Cotswold stone. In the Middle Ages the wool trade made the Cotswolds prosperous as it still remains today, and some of this money was invested into the building of churches so the area has a number of large handsome Cotswold stone 'wool churches'. Designated as an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the rolling hills and hidden valleys hide picturesque villages, period Rectory's and Stately Homes nestled amongst, without a doubt, some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. Home to the Royals and with the famous cities of Bath, Cheltenham and Bristol on the doorstep, the area offers something for everybody - outdoor pursuits, scenic walks, city thrills or extreme sports. From the serenity of walking the Cotswold Way to a day out at Cheltenham Gold Cup, you won't be disappointed!
The Dursley area
The house is situated in an elevated position with far reaching views across the Uley Valley, in a conservation area and a designated area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The famous 'Cotswold Way' walk is directly outside the gates and if you prefer walking, a gentle stroll into the local town takes less than 8 minutes with all your local amenities at hand . There are a huge amount of local activities available to suit a wide variety of interests from relaxing to the more extreme sports, and many historical places of interest if you're looking for culture. From 'Highgrove' to 'Cheese Rolling', you'll find plenty to entertain.
* Easy access to Bristol/Bath/Cheltenham - all within 40 minutes
* Walking/hiking - situated on the 'Cotswold Way', direct access to many famous walks in outstanding countryside
* Golf 5 minutes by car
* Riding - recommended local riding stables for beginners to advanced to enjoy the breathtaking scenery
* Westonbirt Arboretum - extensive programmes of concerts and woodland walks
* Polo at Beaufort and Cirencester - home fields to 'the Royals'
* Ballet, Opera, International performances at the Bristol Hippodrome, Bath and Cheltenham
* Theatres, Music Festivals, Literacy Festivals
* Horse Racing at Cheltenham and Bath
* 3 day eventing at Badminton and Gatcombe Park (Home to Princess Ann) (both 10 minutes by car)
* Local houses of interest and National Trust properties including, Highgrove (by pre-booking), Berkeley Castle and Butterfly Farm, Chavenage, Dyrrham Park, Woodchester Mansion, Newark Park etc all within 15 minutes
* Cotswold Water Park - water sports and fishing
* Clay pigeon shooting
* Local award winning pub 'The Old Spot' within walking distance of the house and many more local country pubs at hand
* Trains - Kemble (1hr 15 mins) Also Stroud and Bristol offer direct fast track to London. Collection can be arranged.
* Local airports – Bristol/Cardiff/Birmingham