About the property
- Apartment900 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay6 nights
2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment in London Centre- Sleeps 6
Large Beautiful Two Double Bedroom Apartment in charming South Kensington, London. Located in a grand Georgian House on one of the most sought after streets in London, very quiet and safe. The beautifully maintained building is located in by far one of the most prestigious districts in London.
The west facing living space gives the large living room a very light and airy feel. The recently renovated apartment has a wonderful reception room with high ceilings and antique dark wood furniture. The kitchen with an Italian granite floor includes all the necessary integrated appliances (new dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, microwave/oven, hob, washing machine (including dryer), as well as a toaster, kettle, cutlery, plates, pots/pans, etc). It has a superb master bedroom with a king sized bed, a second bedroom with a queen sized double bed, and a double sofa bed in the living room, ideal for families. Both bedrooms have large floor to ceiling fitted closets with lots of hanging space and shelves. The apartment also has a beautiful large marble bathroom with designer Lefroy Brooks bathroom fittings and beautifully scented Baylis & Harding England bathroom toiletries for your stay. The living room has two beautiful sofas and the dining area has a new designer glass dinning table with seating for 6. The apartment has all mod cons, including a 32'’ flatscreen TV, Iphone/Ipod speakers, and high-speed wireless internet. There is a landline for local calls so you don't need to spend a fortune calling from an international cell/mobile. A fireplace gives the living area a very atmospheric feel. A romantic apartment for couples but also ideal for families.
The apartment is beautifully furnished with large handcrafted antique mirrors, large pillar candles and Fleur de lie period-style designer curtains.
The apartment also has recessed low voltage spot lighting with touch sensitive dimmable controls.
Cranley Gardens is located just a short walk away from the many restaurants, boutiques and bars in South Kensington, attractions such as the V&A, the Natural History Museum, etc and within easy reach at 10mins walk to the green spaces of Hyde Park and Kensington Palace.
The apartment is very close to transport links: 5 min walk to the nearest tube/underground and 2 min to the closest bus stop with direct lines to other major attractions.
PLEASE NOTE: This apartment is not suitable for elderly, seniors, or disabled individuals. This apartment is situated on the 3rd floor of a beautiful converted listed Georgian building in a conservation area and does not contain a lift/elevator.
Please note: Check-in: After 3pm;
Checkout: Before 11am
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Disappointed! Left in 30 minutes due to no working water, dirty carpets and foul smelling sofa bed!
I have used VRBO several times in London, Dublin, and the US. Each place we stayed in for a family vacation was both clean and well maintained and each time we checked in someone greeted us and assisted us in getting settled. This time neither did we experience a clean rental property nor did anyone come greet us. This was our experience:
• Had to retrieve the keys to the building and flat from a location more than a few minutes away
• Upon arrive at the location had to figure which key opened the main door to the building. We then had to figure out what key opened the door to the flat as there were several keys. Could not locate the light in the hallway at the time due to it being dark. As there were several locks it took quite an effort to figure out how to open the door
• Upon entering the flat we notice how used and dirty the carpeting was. There were quite a lot of stains throughout.
• The listing states that one room has a king size bed and the other room has a queen. Upon comparison they both appeared close in size and neither was a king bed.
• While continuing our initially inspection of the flat we noticed that the water was not working. Additionally, there was sitting water in the washer/dryer as well as the coffee pot. We could not use the toilet.
• Sofa bed: while unsuccessfully trying to open the sofa bed I could not help but to noticed a foul smell to it. My 17 year old son started to help. Immediately he noticed the foul smell and asked if I smelled it. I could not lie to him and said yes. I contacted the individual who I was provided the contact number and informed of our concerns. She did mention that the sofa bed does get stuck and takes a little effort to open.
• A short time later the owner Tom called me but by this time it was too late. During my conversation with Tom, I mentioned the dirty carpets and he commented that this could be expected as it is a rental property. To be 100% honest, this is not expected as I mentioned prior the places that I previously rented out were immaculate.
Cannot begin to convey my disappointment with what transpired. I am going to find out how I can be refunded for this matter. I hope that this letter helps in that maybe the owner will look into my comments and make some corrections. Having someone greet the guest, newer carpets, and a new sofa bed would be a good start.
Excellent location, nice hostess.
The flat is located in south Kensington close to tube stations and wonderful restaurants and shops.
The flat is quiet but for a long stay it's a lot of steeps.(64)
The hostess where nice and attentive.
The kitchen is nice and big , but utensil need to be updated.
Visit to London
Great location, close to the tube. We had a great time!
Excellent location, great family stay at this flat
The location can't be beat, close to two tube stations, Gloucester and South Kensington, it was so easy to get everywhere. The flat is also close to some really good restaurants, pharmacy and grocery stores, anything we needed. The beds and linens were super comfortable and the owners provided the soaps, shampoos and toilet paper which added a nice and convenient touch. The owners were also super responsive, as we had some issues operating the washer and the TV, but these got sorted out reasonably quickly. I gave four, not five stars because we felt the place was dated. The pictures on the website show this place to look amazing with a lot of light, which it has. But there are some things in the apartment that need to be fixed. For example, a bathroom tile fell off the wall on to my child's toe. In the master bedroom there is a hole or open vent in the wall which needs to be covered. Overall a great stay and thank you to the owners.
A very nice, spacious and cosy flat for the whole family!
Tom and Saphira were very nice hosts, we found everything exactly as described and the flat is equipped with lots of heaters so it is nice and warm even in mid-winter! The neighbourhood is full of shops and places to eat and it is only a very short walk to the next tube station. Definitely can recommend staying here!
Wonderful location. Easy access to public transit and services.
Great experience with the owner. Very helpful and easy to wor with
Located in one of the most beautiful areas of London- in the heart of the city. The apartment is close to the most popular attractions including the V&A Museum, Science Museum and Natural History Museum only a short walk away (10 minutes). London's most famous department store Harrods is only a 5 minute drive away. In this area you are spoiled for choice when it comes to restaurants and shops with the renowned King's Road less than a 10 min walk away. Even Kensington Palace is a leisurely 15 min walk away!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates and charges are subject to change.