This quaint brick cottage is located 1 block from the newly replenished Galveston beach. Located towards the east end of the island, the house is in a quiet neighborhood for relaxation. The house has an wonderful seating area with an outdoor shower for when you return from the beach. It sleeps 6 comfortably and can be rented with the unit next door for larger groups. Hard wood floors and beach colors & decor beckons you to come enjoy a vacation on Galveston Island!
This quaint brick cottage is located 1 block from the newly replenished Galveston beach. Located towards the east end of the island, the house is i...
- Calendar last updated:
- Jan 15, 2019
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Not much backyard space for dogs, but 100 yards from a convenience store if you forgot to bring anything on your getaway! Insanely close to beach. 2 beds and a pullout couch makes for plenty of room for sleep, 10/10 would stay again!
Sweet Cottage Close to the Beach
Lovely brick cottage just a short walk to the beach. Timothy, the owner, was attentive and responsive to our e-mails and texts for some concerns of ours; even giving us directions to get around a possibly flooded area of the island after a major rainstorm.
The neighborhood was quiet for a city street and we had a choice of a front porch or small private side courtyard to sit, relax or enjoy a cocktail.
The house was tastefully decorated “beach style” and the kitchen had everything needed to cook a full meal if you wanted to or to grill outside (bring your own charcoal). The bedrooms had plenty of clothing storage for an extended stay (even though only one bedroom had a closet) and the ability to do laundry in-house was great. The beds were VERY comfortable and there are plenty of extra pillows and blankets if needed.
Wifi was a little spotty outside but expected when the house is all brick.
Our 10 day stay at Porte Verte was excellent and we would reserve it again.
Clean, lovely cottage. Perfect for two adults and two kids.
Great location to really enjoy the beach, though some of the locals are a bit dodgy. Don’t count on the nearby convenience store for much. However, from start to finish, a great property and VRBO experience, and one that we will return to.
Great House but Could Use Small Improvements
- Location- easy walk to the beach (but bring an umbrella - there’s no shade and nothing you can rent nearby)
- House was clean with cute beach decor
- The two queen beds were very comfortable with good mattresses (important after a long day at the beach!). I can’t speak for the pull-out couch mattress but the kids didn’t complain! ;)
- Owner was very responsive and nice
- The bathroom sink was awkwardly high and our two kids (5 & 3) couldn’t reach it on their own. It would've been helpful to have some sort of step stool for them.
- The house could use some sort of “instruction sheet” to tell you where things are such as extra towels, sheets, trash bags, etc are. We had to hunt around for some of that which wasn’t a big deal yet would’ve been nice to not have to do.
- The living room ceiling fan didn’t work, although the owner said he was planning on re-wiring it. Plus they did provide a free standing fan we were able to bring in as needed.
Overall, the improvements needed were relatively small. We enjoyed our stay and would rent this house again!
Great little getaway!
Such a lovely, sweet little cottage, perfect for the three of us. Timothy is very responsive to any questions or issues. Loved it!
Great Place to Stay
We had a great stay! The house was perfect for our family of 4. Everything was clean, and comfortable. It was a short walk to the beach. The area seems less touristy, and we really liked that!