|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Chestnut Cottage is a beautifully renovated 300 year old stone farmhouse near Les Eyzies:-
• set in the middle of 50 acres of totally unspoilt meadows, woods, lake and stream
• luxurious, comfortable and spacious accommodation
• a magnificent 14 x 7 metre, chlorine-free, heated pool and an activities complex
• wonderful peace and tranquillity, yet in the heart of the Dordogne very close to all the main tourist sites, Chateaux, rivers and market towns
• easily accessible from the region’s three airports, train stations and auto-routes
• shops, restaurants, supermarkets and daily street markets 5-15 minutes away
• available all year round, with full central heating and log fires
• sleeping up to 8 people in four double and twin bedrooms
(+2 more, by prior arrangement)
Chestnut Cottage has:-
• A very large, elegant living room (sejour) with exposed stone walls, terracotta tiled floors and a wood-burning fireplace
•A luxury, very-spacious, fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with large dining area, including fridge/freezer; double oven; ceramic hob; microwave; dishwasher and use of washing machine. The hand-painted ceramic tiled floor has under-floor central heating
• Four lovely chestnut-beamed double and twin bedrooms (one with a stunning roof terrace overlooking the pool), all with chestnut parquet flooring and views either to the pool, lake, or gardens.
• Two luxury bathrooms and two toilets
• Satellite TV/ DVD/VIDEO/CD Stereo
. A 1000+ eclectic book library
. Terraces with electric shade awnings, garden and outdorr dining furniture and barbecue, all looking out towards the pool
• Secluded gardens by the stream
• Ample parking
At the Pool and Summer House there are a host of sports facilities including,Table-tennis, Badminton, Boules,Darts and more.
Additional Facilities and Services are available on Request
For your Arrival
• A pre-arrival shop
We do a shop for your first evening / following day essential foods and cleaning materials as requested so that they are already in Chestnut Cottage when you arrive.
• Cot and high chair for hire
• Swimming and Diving lessons - Harris is a fully qualified BSAC registered instructor
• Catered Meal preparation based on a per person basis
and depending on Menu Activities
• Cleaning services: mid and end of stay House cleaing services
Services are charged on an hourly and/or per-person basis.
We invite to you enquire if any of the additional services are of interest to you.
Owned by an English Family now living and working in the Dordogne, we fell in love with the unique charm of Domaine Le Ruisseau when looking for our little bit of heaven in Southern France.
Harris Raphael purchased this chateau / country house in 2002
Domaine Le Ruisseau, set in a magnificent 50 acre private estate, is one of the most beautiful and tranquil locations you could imagine, yet very close to local amenities and all the area's main attractions. It is a perfect place to relax, a real 'swallows and Amazons' paradise for children....and a haven for their parents and grandparents!
The wonderful 14x7M heated, chlorine Free swimming pool and activities complex is a focal point of summer activities, and in the autumn winter period Chestnut Cottage is a cosy property with wood burning fires and central heating
Some three years after we had undertaken major restoration and renovation work fully sympathetic with the local style, using traditional materials and techniques, Domaine Le Ruisseau was recognised as one of the most beautiful properties in the Dordogne in a visitor survey.
Chesntut Cottage has the special charm of being set in the heart of such a magnificent private estate surrounded by woods, stream, boating lake, and gardens, and yet being close to all local amenities and activities.
The 300yr old spacious and warm property is made entirely from stone, wood and materials from the estate itself and other local sources.
Chestnut Cottage is a five star holiday home set in the most beautiful, tranquil gardens with the bonus of a fabulous pool to relax in.
The house has everything needed to make your stay stress free, including really comfortable beds!
Genuinely lovely, charming owners on hand should any questions arise and with sound knowledge of the area.
We left Chestnut Cottage feeling happier, healthier and more relaxed than we had for a very long time...,wish we'd booked for longer, we'll be back!
I would definitely recommend this place and its owners. We arrived as a family of 12 and were greeted well with some treats to see us by for our first night/morning.
The place is well sized and the grounds are perfect for kids to venture. The real selling point is the Pool and summer house facilities. These were great for both adults and kids to use. The place would benefit from some updating in places but all in all it was a fantastic stay. Ashley/Alexandra/Penelope.
Excellent setting and facilities which made for a memorable holiday. Chestnut cottage has ample room for a family to relax , play and dine together in a peacefully valley setting full of wildlife. The owners were unobtrusive yet provide a warm welcome . In particular their extra services helped us enjoy local cuisine and wines as well as the delicious home made orange cakes ! Proximity to some highlights of the Dordogne was a bonus but we were always eager to return to Chestnut cottage .
A truly beautiful property that is even more lovely in reality than the the photos depict. The living room and kitchen are particularly spacious and well equipped with stunning tranquil grounds and a lovely big pool. A real gem with helpful and friendly owners on site.
We had a lovely, relaxing time at Chestnut Cottage, perfectly located to tour the Dordogne and a great place to spend time with the family away from the hustle and bustle.
with 20 years of renting gites in France, I can honestly say that we have never found such a beautiful location or a more comfortable, clean and welcoming holiday home. With the owners on site but not obtrusive, there were answers to any practical questions, and excellent information supplied upon arrival. The domain is stunning and the swimming pool magnificent. Local eating is fantastic and local markets/shops all top notch. No need to stray far, but should you wish to, there is so much to see. The river Vezere is more beautiful than the Dordogne for kayak enthusiasts, being peaceful and quiet. I would strongly recommend Chestnut Cottage, and full praise and thanks to the charming owners!
Chestnut Cottage is set in the “Périgord Noir”, the heart of the Dordogne, with easy access to the region’s chateaux, rivers and market towns.
The house is five minutes from the town of Les Eyzies, a major site of prehistory, two minutes to the nearest restaurant, and five minutes to a bakery, pharmacy, shops and a small supermarket.
Within 15 minutes are the towns of Le Bugue and St-Cyprien, with large supermarkets and a range of other facilities.
This is an ideal spot for anyone who enjoys exploring. From the house, one can enjoy miles of walks through forests and countryside, by rivers, lakes and medieval villages.
Among the sports available locally are golf, canoeing, tennis, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing, hot air ballooning, and climbing.
• Eating – The Périgord is one of France’s true gastronomic delights……Foie Gras; Walnut salad; Magret de Canard (duck); Truffles; Smoked Salamis. Cêpes……
• Wines – with numerous Chateaux and Caves, the local Bergerac, Pecharmant, Saussignac and Monbazillac wine estates are quite wonderful.
• Walking – From Domaine Le Ruisseau, you can explore countless miles of stunning walks through unspoilt forests and countryside, by rivers, lakes and medieval bastide and hillside villages.
• Sports - golf, canoeing, tennis, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing, hot air ballooning, micro-lighting, paragliding, climbing – it’s all here.
• Culture - Chateaux, Bastide towns, antiques fairs, music festivals and much more. Beynac, Castelnaud, Les Milandes, Puymartin, Losse… ; picture-book stone villages including La Roque-Gageac, Domme, Brantôme, St Leon sur Vézère, Cadouin, Monpazier …
• Sarlat is a must see – an ancient and magnificently restored medieval town.
• Visit the Department of the Lot Lot with its famous villages of St Cirq Lapopie, Rocamadour and Puy l'Evêque.
• Pre-History - the cro-magnon man region is the cradle of pre-historic sites in Europe with its incredible caves and cave paintings. Lascaux (a world heritage site), Font du Gaume, Rocamadour, Gouffre de Proumessac are all only 10-60 mins away.
• Exploring -the Bordeaux region, St Emelion, Limoges, Toulouse, and many other attractions are only 1-2hrs away. Spain and the Pyrenees are less than 4hrs away.
• Shopping –beautiful, vibrant street market s and specialist fairs happening every day of the week.
• Chilling-out !!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 2 2016 - Sep 2 2016
7 night minimum stay
Sep 3 2016 - Sep 30 2016
7 night minimum stay
Oct 1 2016 - Dec 23 2016
7 night minimum stay
Dec 24 2016 - Jan 6 2017
7 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable damage deposit||$474|
The booked week runs from 4:30 pm on the first Saturday of your stay (no prior arrivals) to 09.30 am on the last Saturday of your stay (no later departure).
One full set of LINENS is provided per bed, plus one set of TOWELS per person (not to be used as pool towels). Pools towels are available for hire on request.
Discounted longer terms rentals outside of high season are available. Do enquire.
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required on reservation. The balance is due 14 WEEKS BEFORE ARRIVAL. Bookings made within 16 weeks of the rental period must be paid IN FULL.
€425 security deposit payable with the rental balance. Any damages and additional services charges are due when incurred.
Reservations only taken by completion of our booking form. Cancellations only by registered post.