|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This spacious, comfortably furnished home is conveniently located between Chilmark and West Tisbury. The master bedroom and a bath are downstairs; three bedrooms and a bath are upstairs off the loft that overlooks the living and dining rooms. The living and dining rooms have a cathedral ceiling, wood floors, and operable skylights. The kitchen was rennovated in 2014. There is a large, separate family room plus a spacious deck with a table and furniture. The house is fully equipped, including all appliances, 2 cable TVs w/ VCRs and DVDs, a stereo, gas and charcoal grills, ceiling fans, air conditioning, and wireless hi speed Internet. The house is set back from the road and has a large, landscaped, private yard. You'll have easy access to all three Chilmark beaches. Get fresh-from-the-boat fish right down the road in Menemsha and to-die-for sweets at Chilmark Chocolates. The layout of the house makes it perfect for individuals, couples, families with kids, groups of friends, and a couple of families who want to share their vacation.
Welcome to Martha's Vineyard and to my home in Chilmark!! I have been coming to the Vineyard for over 40 years, and it's my favorite place on the planet. When I bought the house in 1999, it was the fulfillment of a long-time dream.
Tracy Gibbons purchased this house in 1999
As a renter for many of these years, I have figured out what makes a vacation house attractive and comfortable. In fact, I had rented this house for my own vacation--and then ended up buying it! It's comfortably and completely furnished, and the bathrooms and kitchen have been renovated.
Ten Reasons Why This Is A Great House:
• It's located on North Road, equally convenient to both Chilmark and West Tisbury centers and an easy trip to all three down island towns--Vineyard Haven, Edgartown, and Oak Bluffs.
• I can safely walk along North Road, and I can ride my bike to Alley's for the paper. It's an easy ride to the State Forest bike path and the network of bike paths around the island.
• I think that Lucy Vincent Beach is the most beautiful beach anywhere--and to use this beach, you have to be staying in Chilmark.
• The house has everything I need all on the first floor, and when my friends come to visit, they have their own space on the second floor.
• With four bedrooms, two baths, and a separate family room, it's spacious and can comfortably accommodate couples, folks with kids, and even a couple of families who want to share their vacation.
• It's quiet and private.
• It has the amenities that I'd just as soon not do without--a dishwasher, a coffee pot that works, dishes that match, a microwave, a gas grill, pots and pans that still have the teflon on them, two cable TVs with DVDs, cordless phones with answering machine, wireless Internet access, AND, it's air conditioned!!!
• I never liked going to the dump or cleaning the house on the last night of vacation, so trash pick up and cleaning are included in the rent.
• I can get fresh-from-the-boat fish any time I want it right down the road in Menemsha.
• And last, but far from least--it's just a short drive to Chilmark Chocolates!!!
The home is conveniently located on North Road between Chilmark and West Tisbury with easy access to all Chilmark beaches. It's a short drive to each of the three down-island towns. Also nearby are Menemsha village, several land conservation areas with hiking trails, bike paths, and tennis courts.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Oct 2 2016 - Oct 29 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
The rental week is Sunday afternoon to the following Sunday morning.
The security deposit is $250.
You may pay using check or PayPal
These rates include a basic turnover cleaning, trash removal, and domestic phone calls
Discounts available for three or more weeks during July or August
Discounts available for two or more weeks during June, Sept, & Oct.
One half of rent is due at time of reservation. Balance and security deposit are due six weeks prior to occupancy. Payment schedule is negotiable for month-long stays. Payment accepted by PayPal or check.