|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This is the perfect Provence home to rent for your holidays.
Please visit www.masdelaplume.com for more photos and details.
For security reasons, please ensure that you call me before booking (click on 'call owner' on the right of the page)
This is a traditional provencal stone farmhouse safely nestled in its olive grove and garden full of Mediterranean plants and flowers. Located on the foothill of the Alpilles National Park in a rural setting, it is just a 15 minutes walk through quiet lanes to the centre of the beautiful and lively village of Eygalieres.
It is very well equipped outdoors and indoors and benefits from a heated pool (mid-June to mid-Sept) and a silent integrated and reversible air conditioning throughout the house.
The rental includes 8 hours of cleaning per week, gardener, pool maintenance and the service of our house manager nearby should you require additional services of a cook, chauffeur or guide (at extra costs).
The farmhouse is tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished with every details thoughtfully selected. It has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, a large country kitchen and its utility room, a very big living room, a tv room and covered terraces and balcony to enjoy the views and outdoor living.
Above all, the farmhouse is a home with a charm that will embrace you and a setting that will seduce you. The perfect place for your dream holidays in Provence.
- It is approached through automatic traditional iron gates and set in lovely gardens and olive grove.
- The swimming pool is 12m x 6m with large steps down and a depth ranging from 0.9m to 1.6m. It is security protected and heated during peak season. It is a salt water pool, so it is kind to your skin with no nasty chemicals. The beach of the pool are in stone where you will relax in the loungers, steamers and the large hammock under the shade of the olive tree or the sun umbrella. From the pool, there is access to outdoor shower and toilets without having to go through the house.
- Under the West large covered terrace, you will enjoy eating al fresco around the large teak table (seats 10) and make your own charcoal BBQ in the outdoors fireplace.
- At the south of the house, the wisteria covered pergola will give you a welcome shade for your favourite summer read.
- From there, you can take the windy staircase leading to the first floor terrace to enjoy even lovelier views.
- The whole ground floor is covered in centuries-old flagstones and has gorgeous beamed and wooden ceilings.
- You enter through an ancient front door into the very large main living area that includes sofas, daybed and fireplace. There is a large collection of games and books for your entertainment. - Further along, there is also a quiet TV room with large flat screen with DVD player and satellite TV in French and English (Sky) with comfortable seating.
- A cloakroom with toilets and basin is also located downstairs.
- The country kitchen has a large oak table with chairs and benches and is fully equipped with everything you might require. There is an Aga cooker for the winter months (not fired in summer months) and additional electric ovens and plates. Larder, fridge, freezer, ice cube machine, washing machine, dryer and sink can be found in the utility room.
In the summer, you can open the large doors onto the cosy summer sitting room under the vault. It is always a favourite, such a lovely place for a chat looking at the olive grove.
Walking up the spiral stone staircase, you reach the first floor that is all covered in oak floors. From the landing, you can access to:
- 1 Master bedroom (Super King bed) with access to its own terrace and its own bathroom (shower, bath, basin, toilets)
- 2 bedrooms with double beds share a "Jack and Jill" wet room (shower, basin)
- 1 bedroom with King bed and its own wet room (shower, basin)
- 1 large bedroom with a Super King bed and its own wet room (shower and basin)
- a cloakroom (toilets, basin) is located on the landing
- there is an additional bathroom and toilets on the ground floor
The rental includes all charges, linen and pool towels, pool and garden maintenance, 2 x 4h housekeeper per week and the services of our very helpful house manager.
We are an English/French family with three children who have spent their childhood at the Mas de la Plume. We absolutely adore Provence and Eygalieres in particular. There is so much to do and discover in the area that we always experience something new, yet it is always so good to come back home where the heart is. We lived at the farmhouse about a third of every year and always had such a fabulous time whatever the season. Now that the children are leaving the nest, we have decided to share our pleasure with our guests.
Anne purchased this villa in 2000
We fell in love with Eygalieres and the Alpilles a long time ago and I was used to hiked in the Alpilles with my family. Mas de la Plume is our "maison de famille" and very special to us because it is in a quiet location in the country with beautiful views but not isolated since it is only a short walk away from the village to enjoy all what it has to offer (shops, bars, restaurants, weekly market).
We love the farmhouse and believe that our care shows in all the details that create its true charm. It was conceived first and above all as our family home and we hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do as it is a very special place to relax and have a true provencal experience. Our family and friends always comment about how relaxed and content they feel here and how difficult it is to leave.
The charming village is a short walk with varied restaurants , so you can enjoy an evening out without driving, it has everything you need and a colourful market on Fridays for fresh produce, gifts and is a, " must", to visit. There are so many lovely towns in the vicinity which the thoughtful owner suggests in their comprehensive file when you arrive. The house has everything you could possible need and more, all of a very high standard. It is such a find! we cannot wait to go back. (trip Advisor review)
This was our second visit to Mas de la Plume and it did not disappoint. The Mas is in a great location, has a great pool and great accommodation all round. It is a perfect setting for a truly relaxing family holiday. Our friends who joined us for a long weekend last year though so too as they booked it for themselves this year. We have stayed in numerous holiday villas in France and elsewhere and this is definitely the best by a country mile.
We loved this villa so here are our Top 10 reasons to stay at Mas de la Plume:
1. It feels like a home, not a rental villa. The owners have thought of everything;
2. Location: Eygalieres has everything you need within walking distance: Boulangerie; Epicerie; weekly market; 4 amazing restaurants; cafes; cheese shop; butcher; Boules pitch; local fete; historical remains; beauty salon;
3. The villa is beautifully decorated; maintained; and cleaned. It is also air conditioned;
4. MDLP has every piece of kitchen equipment you will ever need (unlike most rental villas);
5. Good local amenities: supermarkets (even delivery options which we will try next year); vineyards; gym; interesting local towns (particularly Saint Remy); TGV station; airport;
6. Fitness: An amazing personal trainer (Herve Delcorso) came to us 3 times per week and ensured we could eat as much of the local cheese; wine and food as we wanted without piling on the pounds;
7. Chefs at home: Yvan Cadiou delivered home cooked food to us a couple of nights and prepared & served a full meal for us one night. Whilst it is not cheap, it was all was absolutely beautiful local food. The housekeeper will also prepare Moroccan tagines (which we will be trying next year);
8. 75 minutes from a beach (Sainte Marie de la Mer): Go to Calypso Beach as far along the main drag as you can go - very relaxed and gorgeous fresh fish;
9. A few randoms to sum up: huge kitchen; Aga; hammock; multiple lounging/ eating spaces; lots of bathrooms; Sky TV; wifi; ice machine; shopping bags for when you do your supermarket shop; wicker trolley for the market (always wanted to use one); recycling made super-easy (you can tell owners are English); Sonos music system (never used it but nice to have)...and the list goes on.
10. In short, it is a slice of heaven. We have stayed in lots of Provencal villas over the years and this beats them all hands down. We booked to go back next year within a day of arriving and we are counting down the days already to Summer 2017.
Words really can't describe this place it really is heaven on earth. Every last detail is very well thought out, we are real foodies so the kitchen was more than well equipped. The rooms, bathrooms etc all beautfully decorated. The pool was the highlight the kids loved it and the background of the mountains was stunning. Only regret is that we didn't stay longer, but we will definitely back here next year. Anne was so helpful. We have stayed in many 5 star places but this is most definitely our favourite.
We absolutely loved Mas de la Plume.
We stayed three weeks with up to nine people in the house (grown-up children with their wives, boyfriends and some friends of ours) comfortably.
The house was designed, built and furnished by the current owner, an architect and interior designer. The quality of the design, as well as the quality of the fittings and furnishing, made the house very easy to live in.
It was well equipped, beyond what might have been expected for a rental property. Keen cooks will find every implement they need. It is clearly a much loved family home for some parts of the year. It feels warm, welcoming and lived in.
Mas de la Plume was exactly as described in the listing. It was clean and exceptionally well maintained.
The owner was professional and attentive in all her dealings with us, as were all the people on the ground looking after the house.
The location is excellent. Near enough to the village of Eygalieres to walk or cycle in for daily bread, coffee & croissant, groceries etc but well away from busy roads and secluded enough to be quiet. There are other houses nearby but the house sits in its own large, mature garden. It is not overlooked and feels completely private.
We picked the location so we could go to Euro 2016 football matches in Marseilles and Lyon. It's about an hour by car from Marseilles; about three hours from Lyon.
From the house you can walk straight into the hills in c.10 minutes. There are virtually unlimited walks, road cycle or mountain bike rides in the area. if you want an active holiday in the sunshine, it would be hard to beat the location. Equally, if you want to laze by the pool, eat in nice restaurants, visit nearby attractions e.g. Pont du Gard or sample the delicious local Rosé at one of the many local 'Domaines', then this could also be for you.
Eygalieres is a lovely little village. Big enough to have a grocery store, butchers, bakers and cheese shop (all selling excellent, locally sourced produce) but not too big to be impersonal. There are two or three quite good restaurants. Not fancy but a good standard at reasonable prices.
On market day the village is filled with stalls offering stunning local fruit and vegetables, meat, cheese and other delectables. The smell of rotisserie chickens roasting on a spit certainly whets the appetite.
We have stayed in quite a few large rented properties over the years. This was up there with the best for us.
As soon as you arrive you feel that you have your perfect private destination. This is a beautifully restored farmhouse by a designer with impeccable taste. The kitchen is extremely well equipped for eating at home. The house is well located for short trips to many attractions and villages. The grounds include an olive grove, lovely pool and several covered seating areas. Eygalieres is a charming village with an historic area worth visiting above the town. It has many amenities but is not touristy. We would definitely rent this property again and have recommended it to friends.
A beautiful house inside and out, in a pitch-perfect setting. It's within easy walking distance of Eygaliere, a charming village with its own market, local food shops and various excellent restaurants. The property has been a family home and this makes the house extra special. As you'd expect, it's lovingly maintained and extremely clean. It has all those little touches including plenty of good books DVD's and a selection of games. Outside, there's a pretty garden surrounding a really good sized pool which is deliciously free of chemicals. Our group consisted of family only and some tired people in need of a break. We know the area well from previous visits so we had an indulgently lazy time enjoying the house and the village. But there's much to see and all this is supplied by the owner in a fact sheet with a host of useful information. We could not recommend this house more highly - in fact we've already booked for next year. It's fabulous. Lastly, our favourite restaurant was undoubtedly Sous Les Micocouliers. great cooking, charming staff and a pretty shaded garden setting. And don't miss the cheese shop.
The farmhouse is located on the foothill of the Alpilles, a small mountain range now a Natural Park. The beautiful and lively centre of the village is only a short walk away on quiet lanes and offers many bars, restaurants, shops and boutiques. The market is held there on Friday morning.
St Remy de Provence, home of Van Gogh, Nostradamus and the Glanum Roman ruins is only 15 min away.
The charming and historic towns of Avignon, Arles, Nimes and Aix are a short drive away. Isle sur la Sorgue and its permanent large antique market is 30 min away.
The Camargue (with wild black bulls, horses and flamingoes and beaches) is about 1.5 hour away.
You can enjoy golfing, horse riding and walking in the Alpilles. The many vineyards in the vicinity will make you discover their wonderful wines in style. Plenty to see and do but, yet again, the wonderful feeling of the house might make you want to just stay and relax.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
High Season S 2017
Apr 29 2017 - Jun 30 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
Peak Season 2017
Jul 1 2017 - Sep 1 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
High Season A 2017
Sep 2 2017 - Oct 6 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$2,506|
Bookings are accepted from leading guest aged 25 or over.
Please note that we recommend to contact owner by telephone before booking.
Booking confirmed when completed form and 50% deposit are received.
Minimum stay 7 nights
Rates are subject to change until the reservation is confirmed.
By booking a rental at the property, you are accepting our Terms and conditions.
Please check full T&C's in the "calendar" section of our website masdelaplume.com
Change over day is Saturday. Arrival time is 4pm and departure time is 10am
If pool heating is required out of the peak period, a weekly fee of £200 will be added
If property left in a state requiring extra cleaning, a flat flee of £200 will be deducted from your damage deposit