About the property
- Villa3767 sq. ft.
- Half Baths2
- Minimum Stay7 nights
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
This is the perfect Provence home to rent for your holidays.
Please visit masdelaplume.com for more photos and details.
This is a traditional provencal stone farmhouse safely nestled in its olive grove and garden full of Mediterranean plants and flowers. Located on the foothill of the Alpilles National Park in a rural setting, it is just a 15 minutes walk through quiet lanes to the centre of the beautiful and lively village of Eygalieres.
It is very well equipped outdoors and indoors and benefits from a heated pool and a silent integrated and reversible air conditioning throughout the house.
The rental includes 10 hours of cleaning per week, gardener, pool maintenance and the service of our house managers nearby should you require additional services (at extra costs) see their website provenceconcierge.com.
The farmhouse is tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished with every details thoughtfully selected. It has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, a large country kitchen and its utility room, a very big living room, a tv room and covered terraces and balcony to enjoy the views and outdoor living.
Above all, the farmhouse is a home with a charm that will embrace you and a setting that will seduce you. The perfect place for your dream holidays in Provence.
- It is approached through automatic traditional iron gates and set in lovely gardens and olive grove.
- The swimming pool is 12m x 6m with large steps down and a depth ranging from 0.9m to 1.6m. It is security protected and heated during peak season. It is a salt water pool, so it is kind to your skin with no nasty chemicals. The beach of the pool are in stone where you will relax in the loungers, steamers and the large hammocks under the shade of the olive tree or the sun umbrella. From the pool, there is access to outdoor shower and toilets without having to go through the house.
- Under the West large covered terrace, you will enjoy eating al fresco around the large teak table (seats 10) and make your own charcoal BBQ in the outdoors fireplace.
- At the south of the house, the wisteria covered pergola will give you a welcome shade for your favourite summer read.
- From there, you can take the windy staircase leading to the first floor terrace to enjoy even lovelier views.
- The whole ground floor is covered in centuries-old flagstones and has gorgeous beamed and wooden ceilings.
- You enter through an ancient front door into the very large main living area that includes sofas, daybed and fireplace. There is a large collection of games and books for your entertainment.
- Further along, there is also a quiet TV room with comfortable seating, large flat smart TV, DVD player, satellite TV (Sky) and a large collection of dvd.
- A cloakroom with toilets and basin is also located downstairs.
- The country kitchen has a large oak table with chairs and benches and is fully equipped with everything you might require. There is an Aga cooker for the winter months (not fired in summer months) and additional electric ovens and plates. Larder, large fridge/freezer with ice cube dispenser, washing machine, dryer and sink can be found in the utility room.
In the summer, you can open the large doors onto the cosy summer sitting room under the vault. It is always a favourite, such a lovely place for a chat looking at the olive grove.
Walking up the spiral stone staircase, you reach the first floor with oak floors. From the landing, you can access to:
- 1 Master bedroom (Super King bed) with access to its own terrace and its own bathroom (shower, bath, basin, toilets)
- 2 bedrooms with double beds share a "Jack and Jill" wet room (shower, basin)
- 1 bedroom with King bed and its own wet room (shower, basin)
- 1 large bedroom with a Super King bed and its own wet room (shower and basin)
- a cloakroom (toilets, basin) is located on the landing
- there is an additional bathroom and toilets on the ground floor
The rental includes all charges, linen and pool towels, pool and garden maintenance, 10h housekeeper per week and the services of our very helpful house manager.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
We are an English/French family with three children who have spent their childhood at the Mas de la Plume. We absolutely adore Provence and Eygalieres in particular. There is so much to do and discover in the area that we always experience something new, yet it is always so good to come back home to the farmhouse. We lived at the "Mas" about a third of every year and always had such a fabulous time whatever the season. Now that the children have left the nest, we have decided to share our pleasure with our guests.
Anne purchased this Villa in 2000
Why Anne chose Eygalières
We fell in love with Eygalieres and the Alpilles a long time ago and I was used to hike in the Alpilles with my family. Mas de la Plume is our "maison de famille" and very special to us because it is in a quiet location in the country with beautiful views but not isolated since it is only a short walk away from the village to enjoy all what it has to offer (shops, bars, restaurants, weekly market).
What makes this Villa unique
We love the farmhouse and believe that our care shows in all the details that create its true charm. It was conceived first and above all as our family home and we hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do as it is a very special place to relax and have a true provencal experience. Our family and friends always comment about how relaxed and content they feel here and how difficult it is to leave.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Superbly Designed & Decorated!
This beautiful villa exceeded our expectations! Having rented in the nearby Luberon several years ago (a fabulous home and vacation), we wondered if we were doing the right thing in trying a different villa and region. Our concerns were quickly put to rest, the moment we arrived at this incredible home. Welcomed by Matt & Ana, the housekeepers, concierges and on-site property managers, we knew this was a special place. The owners have done an extraordinary job in creating a sanctuary in the Alpilles. Rarely does one find a home with this degree of attention to detail. The architectural design not only is comfortable with an easy flow, but also contains little interesting elements that seemingly attract the eye at every turn. The villa is also superbly decorated, obviously by a true professional, and yet is comfortable, warm and homey. So, this is a tremendous villa, but what about the area and nearby village? Well, all I can say is that Eygalieres, located just minutes from the villa, is the finest, nicest village we have encountered in our several trips to Provence. Small in size, Eygalieres still features many fine restaurants and cafes, a top-notch butcher, a fine cheese shop, and a small grocery with such a wide assortment of items that visiting the larger super markets is truly unnecessary. This villa has it all, and definitely exceeded our expectations!
It was a pleasure to welcome you in our special home and to read that it has responded to your expectations and more. Thank you
Fabulous home! Impeccably designed and decorated!
The owners of this remarkable home have created a truly wonderful oasis in Provence! The house managers, Matt & Ana, couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The home is located in a very private area, yet is reasonably close to the charming town of Eygalieres. This town is a real gem. Many great restaurants for a town it's size, a fabulous butcher, a upscale cheese shop and a small food market that made trips to the larger grocery stores unnecessary! Life is divine at Mas de la Plume!!! A piece of heaven in Provence!
Everything has been thought of
We absolutely adored your beautiful house. We have stayed in the area several times and are very much taken in by the region, the beauty of the villages, the charm of the locals, the drama of Les Alpilles, the intense flavours of the locally grown food, etc. Mas de la Plume added yet more to our experience this year. Your attention to detail is unsurpassed. Having been heavily involved in property in the past, I was awed to discover from Ana that it is merely 15 years old. I truly believed that one couldn't create, in a new build, the character, atmosphere and charm that you have in Mas de la Plume and I thought modern architecture disregarded the importance of deep walls and the luxury of "wasted" spaces. I am delighted to be proven wrong. It sounds patronising to congratulate you on creating such a magical home when I gather, not surprisingly, that you do it for a living, but it truly is a lovely house and I feel gratitude should always be expressed. Thank you for letting us stay there. Matt and Ana are utterly charming and helpful and had such happy, friendly, willing and enthusiastic attitudes, every bit as lovely as your house.
Kate, I feel a warm glow reading your review. I am so delighted that you felt so well staying at the Mas de la Plume. Thank you for respecting it too. You are welcome back anytime.
I will forward your compliments to Ana and Matt at ProvenceConcierge. They are truly great house managers and I'm lucky to have them looking after our guests and house
Outstanding villa in a great location
We had a wonderful stay in this villa which can genuinely be described as luxury. The property is spacious and extremely well equipped with very high quality materials and decoration throughout - clearly a great deal of thought and attention to detail went into every aspect.
The salt water pool is lovely, and has a stepped entrance which meant that even my four year old daughter could potter about happily. There are plenty of sun loungers and shaded areas if you want to avoid the heat of the midday sun.
There is a high quality multi-room sound system (with Sonos integration) which extends to the covered terrace which worked extremely well - in my experience this is something that is unusual to find in a holiday villa where you are usually lucky if there is a single bluetooth speaker! Wifi worked well (no problems streaming audio at all).
The location is very good - the property is located in a very nice village that has a range of restaurants and shops (far more than you would reasonably expect given the size of the village!). You can walk to the centre of the village in around 15 minutes at a reasonably slow pace. In the surrounding area, you can easily drive to the larger town of St Remy in about 10 minutes, or visit well known tourist sites such as Avignon or Les Baux in well under an hour.
Overall, I would not hesitate in recommending this property which I think offers very high quality accommodation and is very good value for money. I would certainly look no further should I be returning to this part of Provence with my family.
Fabulous mas near Eygalieres
This was our second visit to Mas de la Plume and it did not disappoint. The Mas is in a great location, has a great pool and great accommodation all round. It is a perfect setting for a truly relaxing family holiday. Our friends who joined us for a long weekend last year though so too as they booked it for themselves this year. We have stayed in numerous holiday villas in France and elsewhere and this is definitely the best by a country mile.
We were delighted to welcome you back this year and so glad you have had a great family summer holiday at the farmhouse. Thank you so much!
A slice of heaven: the perfect Provencal villa
We loved this villa so here are our Top 10 reasons to stay at Mas de la Plume:
1. It feels like a home, not a rental villa. The owners have thought of everything;
2. Location: Eygalieres has everything you need within walking distance: Boulangerie; Epicerie; weekly market; 4 amazing restaurants; cafes; cheese shop; butcher; Boules pitch; local fete; historical remains; beauty salon;
3. The villa is beautifully decorated; maintained; and cleaned. It is also air conditioned;
4. MDLP has every piece of kitchen equipment you will ever need (unlike most rental villas);
5. Good local amenities: supermarkets (even delivery options which we will try next year); vineyards; gym; interesting local towns (particularly Saint Remy); TGV station; airport;
6. Fitness: An amazing personal trainer (Herve Delcorso) came to us 3 times per week and ensured we could eat as much of the local cheese; wine and food as we wanted without piling on the pounds;
7. Chefs at home: Yvan Cadiou delivered home cooked food to us a couple of nights and prepared & served a full meal for us one night. Whilst it is not cheap, it was all was absolutely beautiful local food. The housekeeper will also prepare Moroccan tagines (which we will be trying next year);
8. 75 minutes from a beach (Sainte Marie de la Mer): Go to Calypso Beach as far along the main drag as you can go - very relaxed and gorgeous fresh fish;
9. A few randoms to sum up: huge kitchen; Aga; hammock; multiple lounging/ eating spaces; lots of bathrooms; Sky TV; wifi; ice machine; shopping bags for when you do your supermarket shop; wicker trolley for the market (always wanted to use one); recycling made super-easy (you can tell owners are English); Sonos music system (never used it but nice to have)...and the list goes on.
10. In short, it is a slice of heaven. We have stayed in lots of Provencal villas over the years and this beats them all hands down. We booked to go back next year within a day of arriving and we are counting down the days already to Summer 2017.
Thank you so much Sally, we do our best to make sure that you enjoy the best provencal holidays. Delighted to welcome you again next year!
The farmhouse is located on the foothill of the Alpilles, a small mountain range now a Natural Park. The beautiful and lively centre of the village is only a short walk away on quiet lanes and offers many bars, restaurants, shops and boutiques. The market is held there on Friday morning.
St Remy de Provence, home of Van Gogh, Nostradamus and the Glanum Roman ruins is only 15 min away.
The charming and historic towns of Avignon, Arles, Nimes and Aix are a short drive away. L'Isle sur la Sorgue and its permanent large antique market is 30 min away.
The Camargue (with wild black bulls, horses and flamingoes and beaches) is about 1.5 hour away.
You can enjoy golfing, horse riding and walking in the Alpilles. The many vineyards in the vicinity will make you discover their wonderful wines in style. Plenty to see and do but, yet again, the wonderful feeling of the house might make you want to just stay and relax.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
SEE FULL T&C IN OUR RENTAL AGREEMENT Bookings are accepted from leading guest aged 25 or over. Full details of group must be provided within 1 week of booking Please note that we recommend to contact owner by telephone before booking. Booking confirmed when completed form and 50% deposit are received. Minimum stay 7 nights Rates are subject to change until the reservation is confirmed. By booking a rental at the property, you are accepting our Terms and conditions. Please check full T&C's on our website masdelaplume.com Change over day is Saturday. Arrival time is 4pm and departure time is 10am If pool heating is required out of the peak period, a weekly fee of £200 will be added If property left in a state requiring extra cleaning, a minimum fee of £500 will be deducted from your damage deposit