Delighted to be awarded a certificate of excellence by Trip Advisor for 2017 Wellwood Lodge is on the edge of glorious countryside yet just ten minutes walk to the bars, shops and stunning architecture and parks of Buxton!
Considerable recent updating gives visitors a superior self-catering experience in the beautiful spa town of Buxton and the stunning Peak District. A bespoke handcrafted oak staircase rises through the heart of the house to the six spacious bedrooms one of which is a stunning 4 poster room with en suite. There are 4 bath / shower rooms in total.
A huge (31 ft) 9.5 metres lounge offers a wonderful space for entertaining. Wi-fi is accessible throughout the property. This room had a considerable makeover in 2017 which cannot fail to wow you.
The fully-fitted and exceptionally well equipped kitchen leads to a Victorian-style conservatory and a dining room with an 8 foot square table that seats 12 to 14.
It is the perfect house and location for family and friends gatherings.
Countryside forms the backdrop and far reaching views are from the front windows. A short walk from the house takes you to heather moorlands, woods and wetlands.
Buxton's vibrant and cosmopolitan town centre is just 10 minutes on foot.
The house is on a hillside with a front and enclosed rear garden with a small lawn. For a small fee we allow owners to bring their well behaved dogs to enjoy their holiday too.
Plenty of space for walkies less than 5 minutes away.
Buxton's beauty is a popular choice for weddings, the house is in walking distance of the Palace Hotel, Old Hall Hotel, Devonshire Dome and Pavilion Gardens, all popular reception venues. We have had brides leave from our door for their big day, families delighted to have a venue where they can relax informally together without the constraints of a hotel.
I will personally welcome my visitors and endeavor to point you in the direction of essential things to do and see.
As a resident since childhood I am an enthusiast of my beautiful town, the specialist shops within the Cavendish arcade the former spa bathing area, the extensive choice of places to sample the local gastronomic delights, the wonderful Opera house and the stunning Pooles cavern which is rated as England's finest show cavern are just a few of the highlights. The beautifully kept 23 acre Pavilion gardens is a wonderful place for all ages to enjoy a fun filled time.
The Property Comprises:
• Ground Floor: Very spacious lounge, with coal effect gas fire, 42 inch TV, DVD player, iPod & iPhone compatible docking Speaker, CD and radio player, leather lounge seating for everyone to sit in comfort.
•Dining room, seating for 12 - 14 around a huge square table, graced with elegant white contemporary crockery. Additionally a 32 inch lazy Susan adds to the fun of reaching your condiments etc.
The well equipped kitchen has ample work surfaces and storage, an electric Neff oven, grill and microwave, a range style 6 burner gas hob and 2 electric ovens with grills, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. There are pots, pans, a Kenwood chef, Kenwood commercial food processor and every utensil to make light work of food preparation.
The kitchen leads through to the Victorian style conservatory with sitting area and door to rear garden.
Shower room with toilet and washbasin.
Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
• Bathroom with toilet, washbasin, and shower over bath.
• Shower room with toilet and washbasin.
• En suite bathroom with shower to king size 4 poster bedroom
• 1 twin bedroom
• 1 king size bedroom, can be zip link to create 2 x 2ft 6in beds
• 1 king size double bedroom 1 with additional single bed
• Second Floor
• 1 twin bedroom
• 1 triple with king size, bed, can be zip link to create 2 x 2ft 6 in beds, additional single bed.
• Cellar rooms into which is placed a 6' x 3' Snooker table, table football, hoopla and dart board for your fun. Please note this is a cellar area, not an official games room, but it is much used and appreciated by the majority of our visitors.
• The house is approached by an inclined path with hand rail. The double garage roof serves as a morning sun patio. The rear garden is fully enclosed, chipping base patio with 2 x 8 seater picnic tables. 3 steps to lawned area of approx 60 sq metres and shrub borders at a slightly elevated level.
Weekly stays must commence Fridays or Mondays