Chalet Le Moulin - A Quick Summary!
• a whole chalet, traditional solid-log Alpine ski chalet over three levels
• truly peaceful location, sunny south facing, stunning views out over valley
• curl up in front of the open log fire but also the benfits of modern underfloor heating
• outside, a wood fired eco hot tub, gardens, private pine forest and meadows to explore from the door
• secluded south facing balcony dining with spectacular views
• pine crafted furnishings, granite surfaced kitchen, quality appliances, luxury bathrooms, a "wood & stone" style.
• just 10 minutes drive to the main lifts with 60km of beautiful ski trails served by 24 ski lifts. Praz de Lys - Sommand resort is exceptionally pretty and family friendly.
• the closest skiing to Geneva Airport - just 50 mins
• equally close at hand are both the Portes du Soleil and Grand Massif ski resorts, also equally easy to reach in 20 mins to main lifts. Try Les Gets-Morzine or Morillon-Samoens!
• rental price includes all cleaning, linen, firewood and fluffy towels
• rented direct from us the owners who care - let us help you have a great holiday :-)
Are you looking for a romantic chalet with wood fires but all the modern luxuries like Wifi and underfloor heating? Somewhere with real peace and no neighbours? A breathtaking view to greet you every morning. Chalet Le Moulin is perfectly located high up the mountain on the way to the high up ski resorts of Praz de Lys - Sommand (smain lift starts 1500m). Here the snow is crispy and deep among. The chalet is exclusively situated to enjoy stunning views over the valley to the mountain tops and has all the peace and serenity you could every wish for! Our village resort is truly family friendly, offering a delightful 60km of high snow runs linked by 24 lifts over mountains and passes to the resort Praz de Lys, and is suitable for all ski abilities. It is renowned by local French and Swiss for its Alpine beauty, including the majestic tall pine forests and spectacular open mountain tops. Here you can avoid the crowds and clamour of our overdeveloped neighbours of Les-Gets/Morzine and Samoens/Flaine.
In the summer, you can walk from the chalet door. There are hiking trails across the mountains with spectacular views, gushing streams and cliff caves. You can walk past timeless Alpine Chalet farms that are still making reblouchon cheese and in late spring alpine meadows are crammed with flowers.
Come and breathe some fresh air, whether to ski or just simply relax and enjoy the peace!
Village Ski Resort with aclose by even bigger choice:
The chalet sits high above the village of Mieussy on the way its own ski resort of Praz de Lys - Sommand. Its just a few minutes drive further to park next to chair lifts that start at a high altitude of 1510m. Here the snow is already crisp and pillowy with soaring pine forests and open meadows. Next to the lifts are nursery slopes for beginers and ski schools and also lots of cross country trails. This magnificent setting make the resort a special place much sought after by cross country and back country skiers as well as families who require skiing at all levels. Its natural Alpine beauty at its best - unspoilt.
Our village of Mieussy lies in the famous Samoens/Les Gets valley, the chalet is a 14 minutes drive up to Sommand and Praz de Lys. But equally the chalet door is less than 20 minutes drive from the chairlifts of the famous ski villages of Morillion/Samoens and Les Get/Morzine. All 4 villages link up with many other resorts and its possible to ski all day and right over into Switzerland, without backtracking. Its so big you will never get round it all !
But it's not all about the skiing. Chalet Le Moulin is also somewhere to enjoy time with your family and friends.
Explore the local winter markets and family events in the surrounding villages. For more sophisticated glamour, it is a just a short trip to either the bright lights of Geneva or the lakeside magic of Annecy (which is our favourite day away from the slopes)
Do you want to escape the hubbub of a crowded ski resort with all its noisy bars and impersonal tourism? Find instead some natural peace, open views and quiet winter forests from your challet door? Set high up on a south facing mountain, with old farm chalets and walking trails this is a special place to explore and come back to a log fire. This is a tranquil paradise, away from busy roads and somewhere your children can play and explore safely, meadows and forest in the summer or winter.
When the snows are deep, its easy to hire some snow shoes in the village and enjoy the white beauty of the trails. It’s straight from the pages of Narnia and an experience you wont forget.