|Minimum Stay||3 - 6 nights|
***** SPECIAL OFFERS - from £119 per night -
30% OFF on all bookings between 3rd January 2017 - 9th February 2017 : from £119 GBP per night (min stay 3 nights)
25% OFF on all bookings between 10th February 2017 - 6th April 2017 : from £134 per night (min stay 3 nights)
Please see the rates list for prices for your exact dates, please note that discounts have already been applied to the rates list. For bookings over 7 nights please contact us for an exact price.
HOME FROM HOME IN LONDON
Location: BAYSWATER, LONDON W2.
Nearest tube/metro station: ROYAL OAK (3-4 mins walk [300 meters] from the flat) Circle line, and Hammersmith & City line.
Warm and welcoming, spacious 3 bedroom, top floor, split level flat which sleeps 5-9 including children. Period (1860s) terrace conversion in quiet street overlooking communal garden.
Minimum stay 3 nights.
If you are planning to stay longer than a week please contact us for a special price!
2 large bedrooms and 1 smaller 'twin' bedroom with 2 single beds.
3rd and 4th floors with views! Sadly NO LIFT, so unsuitable for people who can't climb 50 stairs.
Depending where you are trying to get to on the tube there are 3 tube stations close to the flat (it is not clear from a tube map, but Royal Oak [c.250m], Bayswater [c.750m] and Queensway [c.900m] are all very close to each other. These distances are listed from the flat.)
• ROYAL OAK TUBE STATION (c.250 meters) is the closest to the flat and gives quick access to Paddington, Baker Street/Regents Park, Euston/King's Cross.
• BAYSWATER TUBE STATION (c.750 meters) is the next closest which gives quick access to Kensington, Westminster & the river Thames.
• QUEENSWAY TUBE STATION is the furthest away (c.900 meters) gives quick access to Marble Arch, Oxford Street/Regent Street, Tottenham Court Road/Leicester Square & St Paul's Cathedral.
As well as the tube/subway there are busses from near the flat to places including: Marble Arch, Paddington, Victoria, Regents Park, Hyde Park Corner, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Euston, Camden Town, St Paul's Cathedral.
The beds are made up and everything is clean & ready for your arrival, just bring yourselves, your toothbrush and your clothes! This is a family flat with LOTS OF EXTRAS not often found in rented accommodation. Clock radios, hair dryers, all linen, towels, etc. Basic toiletries, laundry requirements, cleaning materials, some toilet rolls etc. We provide fresh bread, milk & spread on arrival and some other basic foodstuffs so you don’t need to shop until you've settled in.
The flat has a large airy LOUNGE with original fireplace.
FREE Unlimited Internet (BT Broadband).
Incoming landline phone ☎.
European & UK free to view SATELLITE TV with films and some Arabic channels.
TV with DVD player, printer & speakers for laptop, iPad dock, electronic piano keyboard ♫, selection of books, DVDs & box games etc.
Very well equipped kitchen/diner with:
• Washing machine
• Tumble dryer
• Coffee maker
• Water filter jug
• Orange squeezer
• Ice crusher
• Ironing board & iron
• Lots of pots and pans, etc.
Everything you need for your baby or toddler:
High chair, baby recliner, travel COT, stair gate, changing mat, baby toiletries, steam steriliser, potty, small toilet seat & plastic step, toys, safety catches on windows.
One bathroom with bath, basin & shower. Separate toilet also with basin.
Two large bedrooms each with a double bed and a single bed & space for cot (provided) and / or for an additional single bed (provided). Small bedroom with two single beds and a desk (could double as study with one bed made up as a sofa).
Central Heating, hot water, gas, electricity & local taxes all included.
• Royal Oak Tube (very near)
• Porchester Pool & Spa (very near)
• Waitrose Supermarket (very near)
• Queensway (with Whiteley's shopping centre and many other shops & eateries)
• Portobello Road Market
• Hyde Park
• Kensington Palace & Gardens
• Little Venice Canal Basin
• Regents Park & Regents Canal
• Lords Cricket Ground
• Marble Arch
• Oxford Street
Easy access to:
• Heathrow Airport ✈ (via Tube or Paddington station [Heathrow express or Heathrow connect services])
• Stansted Airport ✈ (via new National Express coach service to & from Paddington)
• Gatwick Airport ✈ (via Victoria Station [Gatwick Express service])
• Oxford etc. via Paddington Station and/or M40.
Airport collection & 24 hour arrivals access can be arranged (please contact us for details).
Detailed description (room by room)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Located on the 3rd Floor: (Lounge, Kitchen, Toilet, hallway)
• LOUNGE: 2 original windows with curtains & views over quiet street & communal gardens. Original fireplace. 2 sofas, 2 comfy chairs, large stool which folds out to make guest bed, footstool, rug, coffee table, dining table with 4 chairs, 2 other upright chairs, bookcase with books, shelves with DVDs , occasional table for laptop, printer & speakers for laptop, electronic musical keyboard, flat-screen digital TV with integral DVD player, iPad dock, 4 table lamps, various ornaments & house plants, selection of boxed games. cupboard with glass jugs & drinking glasses, table mats, teapots, etc. Baby chair. Cupboard with tools e.g. hammer, pliers, screwdriver etc. Spare light bulbs & candles. Fan for hot weather and convector heater for extra warmth if needed. Newspaper rack, waste paper bin etc.
• KITCHEN: Large window with curtains. Table with 5 chairs & two folding chairs. Cupboards & drawers. Electric oven and 4 ring gas hob. Dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron & ironing board, laundry baskets etc. Microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, orange squeezer, liquidizer / ice crusher, small steam steriliser. Ample cutlery, crockery, glassware, tableware, cookware, bakeware, etc. to feed 12 and to cook and bake as if at home. Tea towels, hand towels, cleaning cloths, napkins, tablecloths etc. Pinafore & shopping bags, cleaning materials & laundry liquids, aluminium foil, cling film & kitchen towels. Fire extinguisher.
Basic foodstuffs are provided on arrival so you can make toast & tea, coffee etc before you shop. (If you e-mail us a list a week in advance we will shop for other foodstuffs for you - for a small charge.)
• TOILET: Large window with net curtain. Toilet & basin. Coat rack & space for shoes etc. House plants. Towels, toilet roll holder with rolls, bathroom scales, bins & laundry basket. Plastic step & toilet seat for toddlers.
Lower Corridor, Internal Stairs, Upper landing:
Doors, carpeted stairs, pictures, lights & fire extinguishers.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Located on the 4th Floor: (3 bedrooms, bathroom and upper landing)
• 3 BEDROOMS - Double bedrooms are large & airy. The twin bedroom has a desk. All rooms have built in wardrobes and assorted storage/drawers. All beds have sprung mattresses.
Max bed capacity = 8 adults + child/small adult and a baby or toddler in a cot. The flat can alternatively be set up for 9 adults + a child/small adult.
BACK BEDROOM: Normally used as 1 double & 1 single bed, with additional space for the large folding cot. There is an additional 2'6" single bed with folding legs. The 2 single beds can be used side by side as a second double bed, or separately making a room with a double bed and twin single beds.
FRONT BEDROOM: Normally used as 1 double bed & 1 short 2'6" single bed (suitable for a child or small adult), with additional space for full length folding 2'6" single bed or the large folding cot.
TWIN BEDROOM: Normally used as 1 full length standard single bed and 1 slightly short 2'6" single bed (which is suitable for all except the very tall). The smaller bed can be set up with cushions as a sofa or day bed.
• BATHROOM: Bath with shower. Basin with large under sink cupboard. Wall cupboards with toiletries. Laundry basket. Spare towels for swimming. Bath mat, non slip shower mat, shower curtain, houseplant etc. There is a large washing up bowl in the under sink cupboard which is big enough to use as a baby bath. Portable camping toilet in under sink cupboard for children's night time use (if needed). Basic toiletries are provided on arrival.
A refundable £300 GBP security deposit is required.
General cleaning is included in the price of your stay, but we do not expect after your departure to find the flat left in an untidy or disorderly manner. All surfaces are cleaned between guests, but for instance we do not expect dirty cooking utensils &/or crockery used by guests to be left unwashed &/or surfaces, especially in the kitchen, left unexpectedly dirty from cooking/eating activities. All rubbish must be removed on your departure. If more beds are used than agreed for the number of people on your booking deductions will be made from the security deposit.
NOTES TO RATES:
Supplements for Bank Holidays, selected other dates, short stays and large groups may apply please enquire for a full price. N. B. List prices are for mostly for 5 people, (add the applicable additional guest fee for your dates period at the rate on the list of prices).
Additional Guest Fee (per person): For persons 6-7, the fee is normally £4-£7 per night per person above 5 depending on the dates and/or length of your stay. Please contact us if you will be staying 8 nights or more.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES:
Normal arrival 4pm (1600) & normal departure 10am (1000) although we will try to be flexible if this does not affect cleaning or other guests. Arrivals after 8pm (20:00) will incur additional charges (please enquire for details).
Strictly NO ARRIVALS AFTER 2200 or before 1000
This property is owned and managed by a family. We are not part of a company. Malcolm purchased the apartment in 1986, it was his home before his marriage. We sometimes use the flat ourselves. It is our home away from home.
Malcolm does not use the internet very much, therefore, Jan (his wife) and David (his son) respond to all online enquires. If you wish to talk to Malcolm about the flat you can contact him on +447762098267, but it is better to deal via the website with Jan &/or David who manage the flat and have up to the minute information. Jan's number is +447762098266.
PERIOD PROPERTY IN QUIET STREET with communal garden and lovely views (especially at sunset).
TRAVEL: 3 minutes walk (250m) from the tube [metro] station (Royal Oak - on Circle and Hammersmith and City lines). Bayswater and Queensway tube stations & Paddington main line are all within easy walking distance.
LOCAL SHOPPING & EATING: Waitrose (2-3 minutes) and Tesco (5-6 minutes) supermarkets and an array of small shops, coffee bars, restaurants etc are all very close. Whiteleys Shopping Centre (6-7 minutes) with high street brands is round the corner in Queensway. Portobello Road Market is 10-15 minutes walk from the flat.
TOURISM & SHOPPING: Close to Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Notting Hill, Little Venice, Regents Park, Lords Cricket Ground, Marble Arch & Oxford Street.
SWIMMING & OFFICE SERVICES: Porchester complex with pool & library (Internet & printing etc) is 2-3 minutes walk. Extra towels for swimming provided.
FOR YOUR COMFORT: All beds made up for you. Linen and towels ( including kitchen towels) provided. Coffee, tea, sugar, milk, bread, butter, biscuits etc on arrival so you can settle in before going shopping. Basic toiletries and all laundry products provided.
FOR CHILDREN: Excellent range of baby and toddler equipment available - stored away for groups without children.
A very enjoyable stay. Well equipped apartment and close to transport links. The gardens much appreciated to build snowmen! With warmest wishes for a successful 2013.
Well appointed and beautifully decorated for stay over Christmas. Perfect location for transport and groceries. Comfortably housed 4 adults and 2 kids, plenty of room to move, very homely.
My family (8 all together) spent a week in the flat. It's up several flights of stairs, which my father didn't exactly love to climb, and it is in a quirky old building. That said, we were so glad we stayed here. We all slept comfortably and had far more space and amenities than would have at any hotel (and at a much lower cost). What we all really loved, though, was the lively, bustling neighborhood. It was gave us a nice slice of local flavor and we felt like we were an easy tube ride to everything. Malcolm and Jan were thoughtful and accommodating and they keep their home clean and well-equipped.
It was very nice place near to tube station and property is well equipped and 7 star we feel like our home and we sure come again
Nice 3 bedroom flat. Lots of space and very well stocked. Games for kids, movies, kitchen with cooking sides (like oil, spices, etc.) About 10 minute walk from Bayswater station, which is on the tube line that goes to many of the major tourist attractions. Big grocery store very nearby. The one thing to know is that the interior stairs in the flat are steep and there is no toilet upstairs. So if you have small kids who need potty in the middle of the night (or you get up to go) it's not the most convenient. It would have been nice to have had a picture of the interior stairs before we went. But otherwise, it's a good value and a nice space.
Myself, my wife and 3 children from aged 6, 8 and 13 from Australia found the flat to be well equipped, close to tube station and shops, very nice quiet suburb. Our host Malcolm showed us everything, flat is also clean and tidy and would be very happy to use it again.
This summer was the first time that we has visited London. Finding the flat was quite easy and it's located in a busy area; however, the flat is located on a quiet street and in a quiet building as we didn't hear any other tennants.
The flat was clean and easy to maintain while we were there. We were all prepared to climb the stairs to the flat and it did get easier as we spent more time. We did not spend much time at the flat but there were a lot of books and tv to keep us occupied if we had decided to stay in.
Staying here was so much more convenient and economical than staying in a hotel. We all had a great trip to London.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
BED LINEN & TOWELS PROVIDED, soap, shampoo, bread, butter, milk, tea coffee & sugar.
Online rates based on 5 people - add either: nightly supplement of £5-7, or £35 (p/week), per person over 5.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES:
Normal arrival 4pm & normal departure 10am although we will try to be flexible if this does not affect cleaning or other guests.
Strictly NO ARRIVALS AFTER 2200 or before 1000.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.