About the property
- Apartment645 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
Well suited for families, couples and holidays with friends. Sleeps up to 4
Located in a two-story residence in a quiet neighborhood of the old town of Conil de la Frontera less than 5 min walk from the beach and at a stone's throw from numerous tapas bars, restaurants and boutiques, La Dorada apartment with its large sunny roof terrace offering splendid views makes a great holiday base.
The apartment features private terrace, high-speed internet, one double and one twin bedroom (with new memory foam bed mattresses) with enough closet space to fit all of your holiday gear. The spacious living room with a LED TV, two comfy sofas , seating at the bar or dining table, kitchen fully equipped with everything from a corkscrew to a microwave will ensure that you have a great time.
There is plenty to do in Conil and its surroundings. Depending on your tastes and preferences, you may choose to spend your time sunbathing on the stunningly beautiful beaches, on the surf board or on a driving range. History and nature lovers can look forward to admiring the beauty of local landscapes and towns and true gluttons will have the opportunity to savor a glass of sherry from the famous Sherry Triangle.
The below is just a selection of places definitely worthwhile visiting:
• Cape Trafalgar - dominated by its large lighthouse is the scene of one of the most famous naval battles, in which British Royal Navy defeated Napoleon’s Spanish and French fleet
• Tarifa – wind capital of Europe from which you can set out on a whale watching tour or a day trip to Morocco (high-speed ferry will take you to Tangiers from Tarifa in 35 minutes)
• Jerez – capital of sherry, horsemanship and flamenco shows also famous for its motorcycle Grand Prix (Our tip: visit one of the spectacular shows organized by renowned Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art, go to one of the sherry bodegas (from mighty Gonzales Byass to Harveys producing its sweet Bristol Cream)
• Cadiz – take a stroll through the oldest inhabited city in Europe and capital of the province
• Sanlucar de Barrameda – one of the sherry triangle cities and a gateway to the impressive Coto de Donana national park, famous for its long equestrian tradition (Our tip: Don’t miss out on the spectacular horse races on the beach which traditionally take place on the 2nd and 4th weekend of August.)
• El Puerto de Santa Maria – home to the third largest bullring in Spain and a huge Aquapark (open between June and September)
• Vejer de la Frontera – white hilltop village with Moorish look offering breathtaking views, which is certainly worth a visit.
• Bolonia – this magnificent beach offering clear views to Moroccan coast as well as the Roman ruins Baelo Claudia are regarded as one of the best kept secrets of the region
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, french, german, spanish, czech
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Cosy apartment with a nice karma
Very nice and neat apartment, with an ideal location - close to the city & city live and short distance to Conil beach, by Walking alongside the Rio Salado.
The apartment was clean and well maintained and the owner was very caring. It was very well facilitated in the kitchen and bathroom. the furniture very trendy, we liked it!
The roof terrace is very nice, the only thing we missed here was some umbrella or similar to have some shade when spending some during the day or after beach!
I/we would recommend this property to friends or relatives. Thanks for the good time, Filip!
Wer lieber mitten bei den Einheimischen wohnt und kein Fan von großen Hotels und Massentourismus ist, ist hier richtig. Wir haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt in der Wohnung und es genossen mitten in dem Fischerdorf Conil de Frontera zu leben. Der Strand ist schnell zu Fuß zu erreichen und wunderschön. Viele kleine süße Restaurants in Conil laden dazu ein den Tag schön ausklingen zu lassen. Die Wohnung ist gut ausgestattet mit allem was man benötigt. Kein Luxus. Aber alles was man benötigt und sehr sauber, mit einer riesigen Dachterasse. Wir haben dort sehr schöne Tage verbracht und können es nur weiter empfehlen.
Wonderful weekend in Conil!!!!!!!!!
Wonderful comfortable apartment in a quiet environment with a very nice large terrace, great hospitality. A fabulous location and a starting point for exploring tours in the region. The owner is very friendly and helpful. We will come again!
Very nice stay!
We had a lovely stay at the apartment of la Dorada! It was proper and Well-maintained and there is a large roofterrace.The only thing we missed is a loungeset on the terrace.We love to comeback!
Hi guys! We're glad you enjoyed your stay at La Dorada and thank you so much for your feedback. At La Dorada we always try our best to make your holiday as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We are sorry to hear you were missing sun loungers while staying with us. So we thought - What a fantastic idea! - and we bought two brand new sun loungers, which are waiting to be enjoyed by many guests this summer. If you decide to come back to test them out in future, we can offer you a 10% discount for this great tip! ;) Thanks and hope to see you again! Filip&Livia
A lovely place to stay
A gorgeous apartment in a lovely town. Great facilities throughout, and the roof terrace a fantastic bonus for having a meal or just sitting enjoying the sunshine - even in October! The street itself is nice and quiet with a handy little supermarket just around the corner, and the beach and lots of great bars/restaurants nearby. Would definitely recommend a stay here.
What a lovely place!
Oh my gosh...! People know me as a sceptical critic searching for perfection. Did I find it in Conil de la Frontera? No. But it was definitely one of the best holiday ever. We (me, my wife, our 2-years old daughter and parents) purposely went to Conil in late September/beginning October as we wanted to avoid burning sun and extreme temperatures. We've chosen a small 2-bedroom apartment with a lovely terrace. The apartment was ideal for us - fully equiped kitchen, separated bedrooms (so my parents had their privacy ;)), dining options either in living room or on the terrace, SAT TV, airconditioning, lots of information material (maps of the city, restaurants/pubs leaflets, spanish-english dictionary) etc. The place was clean and cosy and it is located in a quiet district a few minutes distance from the beach. TIP: a general store/supermercado is located in close neighbourhood with own bakery (fresh hot baguette each morning, yum-yum :)) The apartment is both close to the beach, close to the city center (although Conil is a small town so it is not possible to be far from anything).
So whats the pros:
* the apartment itself (I didn't miss anything during 2 weeks)
* quiet area - ideal for families, small children, or silence-seekers
* all necessary facilities at hand
* almost empty gorgeous beaches (late september)
* due to late season you will find a free seat in all top-rated pubs/restaurants
And what was the only flaw? We had 3 cloudy days out of 14 ;)
I am seriously considering returning back to the same place also next year - and that's something I have never done before. My rating is 5 out of 5.
Conil is a picturesque white-washed town priding itself on a unique coastal location providing easy access to endless and unspoiled sandy beaches of the Costa de la Luz. The town with its vibrant atmosphere in summer and laid-back mood during the winter season makes a great year-round holiday destination attractive for all tastes and ages.
Over 300 days of sunshine per year make Conil one of the sunniest areas in Europe, so don’t forget to bring along your sunglasses and sunscreen even outside the summer season. Overall, the Conil area enjoys pleasant all-year-round climate with day-time temperatures in summer almost never rising above 30 °C and during the winter time only rarely dropping below 15°C.
Conil and its surroundings offer countless possibilities for outdoor activities essentially all-year-round. To name but a few examples, windsurfing, kite-surfing, surfing, horseback riding, golf, tennis, mountain-biking, hiking, beach running, diving and fishing are on the menu for active holiday makers.