|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The COZY BURRO is undoubtedly one of the best and most unique properties in the area. COZY BURRO has been described by guests as the ideal 'Retreat, Relaxation, and Recreational Paradise'. We are located on five acres of pristine pine and aspen forest, and adjacent to over 150 acres of gorgeous open space forest. The property is accessible year round. The remodeled home blends an ideal setting for seclusion as well as easy accessibility to major attractions and ammenities. The property is ideal for entertaining, family reunions, executive retreats, or intimate getaways. We've even had a wedding here!
COZY BURRO is conveniently located centrally in Colorado in the heart of diverse Park County, within walking distance to the quaint mountain town of Fairplay, a river, and a fishing reservoir. It is the ideal base camp to enjoy all that Colorful Colorado has to offer, situated at 9985 feet above sea level. For those looking to unwind... just kick back, relax, and let the pristine setting melt the stress away. Easy access year round.
OTHER SPECIFICS INCLUDE:
* Twenty-five minutes from Breckenridge, with mountain shops and fine dining.
* Within one hour from six other world-class skiing resorts such as Vail, Keystone, and Copper Mountain.
* One-and-one-half hours from Denver, and two hours from Denver International Airport.
* One-and-one-half hours from Colorado Springs, and two hours from the Colorado Springs Airport.
* Walking distance to gold medal fly fishing (Fairplay is the trout fishing capital of Colorado).
* Nearly 3000 square feet of living space, with high-end furnishings throughout.
* Five bedrooms (1 queen master, 1 queen guest, 1 double guest, 1 bunk room with 2 bunk beds, and 1 bunk room with a double lower)
* Large gathering room with media center, and wet bar for meetings and entertainment.
* Sun room doubles as a mud and gear room. Backpacks and equipment are for guests use.
* Five acres of clean, flat, woods for play, camping, and relaxation, and over 150 acres of adjacent forest.
* Plenty of space for tents.
* Secluded area on a private drive.
* Easy access year-round, plowing guaranteed.
* Huge Patio, grill, and patio furniture to seat 20.
* Full-size private and lighted sand volleyball court.
* 2 Unique 18-hole 'mountain croquet' golf courses.
* Horseshoe pit.
* A great view of Mount Silverheels.
* Frequent wildlife visitations (elk, deer, bear).
* Maximum number of guests allowed overnight are 10.
Keywords: Vacation, Retreat, group, groups, family, land, space mountain, wedding, retreat, reunion
Chikarooba is owned by two families from Colorado Springs. Both of our families have children, ranging from 6 years old to 21 years old. We were looking for a second home, and retreat style location to be able to host small groups and build family legacies. Our families spend countless hours of fun and quality time with friends and family here doing just that…building memories and relationships that will last forever.
Darin purchased this house in 2005
After looking at hundreds of properties in both Summit Park County areas, we ran across this unique setting and fell in love. South Park is in the center of it all, has easy access, a more moderate climate than ski towns (even though it’s higher), and is less crowded. Fairplay is a quaint town with all the amenities need for a getaway, while keeping the rustic mountain town feel. The surrounding mountain views are breathtaking, and the area truly feels like this is what Colorado was meant to be.
Chikarooba is unique for several reasons. The property and land is very usable, and has hours of hiking right on the property. The location is secluded, yet very close to town and amenities. It’s an easy jaunt to skiing, fishing, four wheeling, forest trails, hot springs, and much more. The property is easily accessible year round, and has plowing guaranteed. The home is updated, well laid out and comfortable. What we (and guests) enjoy most about the property is the comfort and design of the home, the spaciousness of the usable land, the ease of access to everything, volleyball court, hiking, and of course the award winning two 18-hole “Extreme Mountain Croquet Golf Courses” on the land. In the winter it turns into a wonderland for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and warming up by the fire after a great day of downhill at Breckenridge (without the high costs).
From the guestbook: Dear owners and keepers of this charming cabin, Thank you for the joy of being here with our grandchildren. We all had lots of fun - loved the amenities - enjoyed cooking and playing together. May God bless you abundantly in 2009. Servants of Him in SE Asia.
This is the third summer that our Board has chosen to use the Cozy Burro for our annual retreat. We work in the mornings, take walks and enjoy the surrounding area parts of the day, and enjoy watching a film together in the evenings. There are eight of us, and the Cozy Burro is the perfect size for us. It is quiet, but it is close to the restaurants in town, since we like to have one evening free from cooking. Each year, we all agree that it will be the Cozy Burro for us again next year!
C.G. Jung Institute of Colorado
This is an ideal place for a group of people that want a few common areas as well as beds for everyone. It's unpretentious and comfortable and we all felt immediately at home. The grounds had so much to offer (we played capture the flag, night sardines, volleyball and croquet golf.) it was perfect!
We stayed at the Cozy Burro for three days on a "working retreat." This was our second time here, and it definitely will not be our last! The space is perfect for us - we can meet indoors at the dining table, downstairs in the large "den," on the enclosed back porch, or outdoors! All the rooms are spacious and allow for our group of eight to spread out while working together. When we need a break, we can go for a lovely mountain walk by simply stepping outdoors and walking! The kitchen is wonderfully large and well-equipped, so that cooking large meals is easy. Alternatively, the closeness to the town allows for eating out without taking up too much of our precious time together at the cabin. This burro is a true gem in the mountains!
We're a group of 8 guys who wanted a weekend away from the wives and kids so that we could act like boys for few days. The Cozy Burro was perfect. Lots of space to lounge around, plenty of couches to hang out on. Being mid winter we didn't spend much time outside, only as far as the grill. This is a great place to connect with family and friends. We were planning our return even before this visit was even half over.
We have stayed at the Chikarooba several years. It is the perfect cabin for a family vacation. The house is extremely well-kept and comforatable. The acreage provides ample room for exploring, playing outdoor games and cookouts. There are many actvities available within a few miles, and the cabin is very convenient to the town of Fairplay. Our large, extended family looks forward to our time there each August.
We are a group of 8 individuals who wanted a quiet, secluded, and comfortable space for a "working retreat." The cabin was beautifully situated, well equipped with all the furnishings we needed. We loved the space, and it was pretty much perfect for our needs. We definitely intend to return!
If you picture a Gold Rush miner as a grizzled old guy leading a burro, you might still see that today in Fairplay! Especially during its annual Burro Days races and celebration. There's also Mountain Man Rendezvous each July, where you can watch re-enactments of Colorado's earliest days. South Park is the hidden gem of Colorado, thousands of miles of trails, National forest, mountains, and central to everything with the lowest population density. It true Colorado.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 9 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning Fee / Stay||$150|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
* $100 Cleaning Fee per stay added to the bill. Covers standard 4 hours at $25/hour. Additional hours billed will be taken from damage deposit.
* Major Holidays and Holiday weekends are $349/night, 2 night minimum (July 4th, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Memorial Day)
* 5% Last minute discount available for less than 1 week out.
* Prices include up to 10 guests