About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Self catering, 5 Rooms, 3 Bathrooms (Sleeps 16)
LA CAPSA DE LLUM is located in the old charming town of Vilanant, next to Figueres, an amazing location to be in the middle of the Alt Empordà, halfway between the beaches of Costa Brava and La Garrotxa.
With a capacity of up to 16 people, the house is ideal to spend a few days with family, children and friends.
La Capsa de Llum is a typical Catalan farmhouse built between the 17th and 18th centuries. It has been restored in the spring of 2017 respecting the structure and the essence of a rural houses from the area, with the aim of adding to its strong rustic character, a modern and comfortable touch, to make you feel at home... or better!
Its 350m2 combine exposed stone walls, wooden beams, ceilings with Catalan brick vault, natural materials and period furniture, with contemporary objects and complements, a careful lighting, high-speed WIFI Speed (300MB optical fiber), modern fireplaces and central heating in all rooms.
La Capsa de Llum has 5 rooms that can accommodate 16 people. Each room has its own personality. We invite you to discover what's hidden behind their names...
El festeig: a double bed (which can be divided into two singles) and a fireplace.
Els pardals: a double bed and a comfortable double sofa bed
El firmament: a double bed
La petite suite: one double bed (+ separate full bathroom)
Les lliteres: two bunk beds + 2 extra beds
THE COMMON SPACES
In La Capsa de Llum we have created different spaces to both share with family or friends, or to disconnect. We have:
- THE LUDOTECA (OR CHILDREN'S ROOM)
We want children to have a great time in our house! A room specially designed for the small ones in the family, with a careful selection of books, toys and materials to draw.
- THE CINEMA AND BILLIARD ROOM
A room with a pool, and a 52 "screen with a dolby surround equipment to enjoy the best cinema.
- DINING ROOM
A dining room with a large table for 14 people.
- THE SALON
A cosy living room with comfortable sofas, books and a wood stove.
- THE HALL
A great hall.
- THE KITCHEN
A fully equipped kitchen with a table for 8 people.
- THE GALERY
A bright gallery, ideal for disconnecting.
- THE SOLARIUM
A large terrace for sunbathing, taking an outdoor shower, admire the millenary church bell tower of the village, and the fields and mountains that surround it, and at nightfall, looking at the stars with our telescope.
- THE GARDEN
The house has a nice garden of 200m2, with lawn and a number of trees. It includes a barbecue area, a ping-pong table, sun loungers, a hammock, and a swing for the little ones.
- OTHER ASPECTS
- The rental price is for the entire property.
- Prices include the entire house, regardless of how many people are occupying it.
- The rental price does not include an additional 120 € cleaning fee and the Tourist Tax (0,45 € per person per night).
- Maximum no. of people: 16 people + 2 babies (under 18 months).
- Minimum stay during the low season: 2 nights.
- Minimum stay July & August: 7 nights.
- Check-in time: 6 p.m.-9 p.m. / Check-out time: 11am (but you can stay until 5 p.m. if there is not another group arriving the same day).
- The house is registered in the "Direcció General de Turisme de Catalunya" with the number HUTG-029201, and appears in the official guide of Catalan tourist establishments.
you can see the restoration process in our instagram: masialacapsadellum
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
What makes this Cottage unique
- century-old farmhouse with lots of character - newly restored with love, respecting its identity and adding comfort - with private garden, billiard, ping pong, children's games, swing, etc. - Free high speed Wifi - located in the old small village of Vilanant, next to Figueres - many activities to be carried out in the area
Sports & Adventure Activities
Estancia muy agradable
Hemos pasado una fin de semana muy agradable en Cal Gat. Mónica es encantadora.
Dispone de espacios polivalentes ideal para niños de todas las edades, futbolín, pin-pon, etc..
Lo más destacable es la notable calidad de los desayunos y cenas, que además se pudieron adaptar a menús para celíacos. Añadir que se puede disponer de comedor diferenciado de niños y adultos para grupo!!
El entorno es privilegiado y permite salida cercanas en bicicleta, andando en llano o excursión por montaña con desnivel. Recomendable las visitas a las pozas de la zona.