The House The Polvazares was reconstructed in the year 1900 after the whole town was set on fire in 1708. It has been completely restored and still kept samples on its walls from the suffered fire.
It is located on the main street of Castrillo de Los Polvazares, Calle Real, next to the famous Casa Maruja Boots Restaurant.
The house has a capacity for 15 people. It has 7 double rooms being possible to install in one of them an extra bed, living room, 3 bathrooms with hydromassage shower and one of them with a classic bathtub with legs and 2 toilets. All rooms have heating.
It also has a spacious living room with TV and DVD and a kitchen with ceramic hob, wood stove, washing machine, plus all the necessary utensils and a table for 14 people.
The most attractive area of the house in summer is the courtyard, typical maragato patio with a large corridor, garden area with flowers, fruit trees and barbecue. The views of Mount Irago make it possible to enjoy a quiet weekend with friends or family.
Another part to be highlighted are the hydraulic floors on the ground floor, of French origin. These hydraulic tiles stand out for their colorful and originality in their drawings.