1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, completely restored, quiet and bright. Ideal for couple
- english, french, spanish, italian, Serbo-Croatian
I'm a journalist and I write about culture on a national newspaper: it's my pleasure to personally introduce my guests to the wonders and unknown paths of my beautiful town. According to the reviews, people appreciate it
Dani purchased this Cottage in 2004
Why Dani chose Florence
We bought this house because we thought it was the perfect place to be: in the heart of Florence, but away from the main crowds.
What makes this Cottage unique
Sipping tea or having breakfast on the courtyard, it feels like you are really inside an old, peaceful, green, typical Florentine place. You hardly find the will to get up and explore the city...
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Well placed accommodation in heart of Florence
Comfortable accommodation with a really helpful owner. Lots of local knowledge and advice. Great location, close to the local market and centre of Florence.
Close to everything
The location and the property were excellent. We could easily walk to tour eating places and the historic downtown area. ur host Daniela was most welcoming and very helpful with her local knowledge of restaurants and attractions. I would easily recommend this property for a couple wanting to visit Florence.
Daniela was an extremely helpful and knowledgeable host. She gave a great restaurant recommendation and conveniently managed train tickets. Loved meeting her children and the outside sitting area was a real bonus.
Thanks a lot David, it was really nice meeting you, you are fantastic guests, very respectful. I'm glad I could be of support
Comfort and convenient
Great location in a peaceful setting. You’ll forget that your right in the heart of the city because the property is in a beautiful setting. You don’t hear the noise and feel relaxed and peaceful after a full day and night of play.
Poor internet connection
No private wash /dryer
Everything else perfect!
We have a wonderful stay in a beautiful area of Florence. Easy to walk everywhere. The cottage was comfortable and a lovely atmosphere. The host was informative and helpful in answering any questions about Florence. We would stay here again.
Thanks a lot, it's been a pleasure to host you, I'm glad you enjoyed the cottage!
Excellent Location - Highly Recommend
We had a great stay here for four nights. The apartment was clean, had everything we needed, and Daniella was a very gracious, friendly hostess - provided us full use of the patio pictured, including the clothes line which was much needed to catch up some laundry, as well as helped us with a dinner reservation and pointed out several places to eat / visit on the city map. We were within walking distance (about a half-mile) to the Duomo, and from there, other piazzas and museums. The bed was comfortable, no problems with any appliances or refrigerator. We bought some local food at the market at the end of the street (very short walk), and prepared an anti-pasta picnic in late afternoon on the patio one day, that was so fun, to chill out for a bit before the dinner hour. We learned to adapt our eating schedule to having anti-pasta between 4-5pm, and then dinner around 7:30-8pm (since many ristorantes, trattorias, cafes, close up between 3-7:30pm). Very cozy and quiet place to relax. The little bakery at the corner across from the market, was perfect for grabbing a morning or afternoon coffee. Florence was overwhelming to us - honestly, we would not have seen as much on foot alone, so we did the hop-on-hop-off bus tour, took both routes, and thoroughly enjoyed that. Gave us a break off our feet, and took us places we would not have known about that were so beautiful. Really recommend that! We weren't able to get to the Uffizi Gallery, but very much enjoyed the hall of statues out front in the piazza adjacent to the Uffizi, the replica statue of David was very impressive, Neptune Fountain, and so if you also aren't able to get into the Uffizi - don't panic or feel like you've missed the boat. There is so much other art and architecture to admire - we popped in/out of many churches to see ancient frescoes, stone work, that we didn't feel cheated by not walking through the Uffizi. So many people there! We liked the location of this apartment very much and didn't need a car at all during out stay.
- This cozy and new apartment is located downtown Florence, in the very heart of town, 5 min away from San Lorenzo (The Medici Chapels), Piazza San Marco (Academy Gallery with the David by Michelangelo), the Duomo area, in a quiet street with garages.
- In this same street, anciently called 'via Mozza', Michelangelo had its own workshop. When he died in Rome, in this studio where found the 4 Prigioni (today at the Academia), the Madonna col bambino (at the Medici Chapels), and the famous La Vittoria, today in Palazzo Vecchio (the Old Palace).
- The San Lorenzo market (handcrafts, gifts) is less than 5 minute walk. Newspapers, pharmacy, banks, coffee shops, restaurants, pubs, churches, and all kind of shopping facilities are all around.
- The apartment is at 1 km distance from the S.Maria Novella rail and bus station, so it is very easy to make daily excursions to the main sites of Tuscany, including San Gimignano, Lucca, Siena.
- The flat is also 5 minutes away from the park and Congress Hall of La Fortezza, the most famous exhibitions’ centre of the city (and also excellent site for jogging!).