Enjoy your holidays in Mauritius in a wooden cabin with the air of a Swiss chalet!
An ideal place for a couple in love with nature and animals.
Located in a beautiful garden with a swimming pool, this "cabin-chalet" has an independent access (the house of the couple of owners is located right next to the hut, in the same garden). Its terrace, embellished with a table and chairs, will allow you to enjoy a moment of calm outdoors, to the sound of birds singing.
The cabin is equipped with a fan, a smart TV and WiFi. The bed is set up on a mezzanine (accessible via a ladder), and the bathroom has a whirlpool.
At your disposal inside: wardrobe, chest of drawers, fridge, kettle with local tea bags, Nespresso coffee machine (welcome pods provided, possibly plan yours).
During your stay, you will have access to:
- The property's slate pool and sun loungers
- The outdoor kitchen of the owners: we put at your disposal plates and cutlery, hotplates and mini-oven
- The washing machine (under our supervision)
In case of long stay, cleaning will be done in the cabin twice a week.
The accommodation is ideally located in the heart of the village of Tamarin!
We are close to all amenities:
- Less than 5 min walk: beach access, grocery store open from 6am to 9pm, 24 hour petrol station, tea room, quality bakery, several restaurants, cash machine, hairdresser, exchange office ...
- Less than 10 min walk: supermarket, pharmacy, shopping area ...
- A welcome kit (consisting of drinks and some seasonal fruits) will be waiting for you in the cabin upon arrival
- Breakfast: You will have access to our outdoor kitchen to prepare your own breakfast (which you can take on the terrace of the cabin or the common table of the outdoor kitchen). The fridge installed in the cabin is at your disposal to store your own products.
- Dinner: for an extra charge (Rs400, 10 euros per person and per meal) and on reservation 24 hours in advance, you will have the opportunity to enjoy typical Creole cuisine. Your host being an ex-restaurateur ... this dining experience is highly recommended! You can dine with us or, if you want to enjoy a romantic dinner, we can also serve you your meal on your private terrace.
- Pet friendly friends! We have 1 dog (an adorable Cavalier King Charles), 3 cats, parakeets and Koi carp ...
- Our lane is quiet, but as often in Mauritius, we do not control the dogs of neighbors ... If you are sensitive to noise, think of your ear plugs just in case.
- The pool is not heated: from June to September (so during the "winter" Mauritian, where it is still about twenty degrees in Tamarin), know that the pool water is often cooler than that of the ocean. The pool does not have a barrier either: if you are traveling with a young child, thank you kindly to ensure his safety.
- Who says tropical island + humidity = said mosquitoes! We provide mosquito spray and mosquito repellent in the room, and we advise you to travel with a small bottle of essential oil of lavender aspic - a drop on your bites will remove the feeling of scraping!
- We can help you rent a vehicle or bikes / book a ride in Stand Up Paddle (SUP) or kayak / book excursions to see the dolphins or a catamaran trip: contact us upstream! And for a Mauritian cooking class with your host, this is to discuss once on site ... for a proposal tailored to your desires;)