|Space||700 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Come to `Ikena Kai to experience the life-enhancing mystique of Kauai’s spectacular North Shore.
This tastefully decorated, non-smoking, one-bedroom suite is perched on a cliff and offers a stunning 180-degree view of the ocean and majestic waterfall-laced mountains that will capture your imagination and take your breath away. The view from `Ikena Kai is beyond compare. It's the ideal place to relax and unwind or have the time of your life as you enjoy the many nearby activities. The suite is fully furnished with everything you need for a carefree vacation.
`Ikena Kai was completely renovated in January 2015 and is now one of the most beautiful condo rentals in Pali Ke Kua or all of Kauai. Our renovation includes new travertine-style porcelain tiles in the living area, newly painted walls, new window coverings, furniture from Room & Board, West Elm and others, Bose SoundTouch WI-FI music system, LG flat screen TV, Caesarstone Quartz Countertops, GE stainless steel appliances (fridge with purified water dispenser, dishwasher, stove, and microwave), new carpet in bedroom, new Westin Heavenly Bed, premium sheets and linens, completely new bathroom including new porcelain tiles, toilet, sink).
Start your day with a breakfast of fresh fruits grown by local farmers. Then, stroll through our lush tropical vegetation as you use our private paved path to visit a magnificent golden-sand swimming/snorkeling beach with sparkling blue and emerald water. Fall asleep to the sound of the surf or watch the whales and dolphins play. As the day ends, take a moment to admire our gorgeous sunsets from your lanai. Then, enjoy fine dining at our onsite restaurant or one of the nearby restaurants - or cook your own meal in our fully appointed kitchen. Throughout your stay, find everything you need at the Princeville Shopping Center. When you feel like exploring, take a short drive to one of the many exquisite beaches along Kauai’s North Shore or to the quaint, historic town of Hanalei.
The following serves as notification of our 'registration identification number' in compliance with Hawaii Act 326: W00703854-01.
Please note that you are renting a condo unit. This is not a hotel. We do not have daily maid service. We do not have concierge service. We do not offer a fully stocked kitchen with food (though some condiments may be left from other guests). Our commitment is to provide a clean condo unit that is as described in this listing.
We require signing of a lease to confirm the booking. Sample lease is available upon request.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
In November, HomeAway introduced a new algorithm that punishes owners who receive messages that do not result in a booking.
Please do not send a message to us if any of the following apply:
1. Please do not write if you would like to book dates that show as BOOKED on the calendar. We are committed to honoring our existing bookings and we will not cancel a confirmed booking to make room for a new booking. Please look at our calendar and inquire only if you want to book a date that shows as open in the calendar. If you write to inquire about dates that show as booked, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
2. Please do not write to ask if you can cancel your booking and get a refund. As stated in the listing, we have a no-refund and no-cancel policy. When you book this unit, we will honor your reservation (see 1 above), and as a result, we will not have the chance to rent it to anyone else. In exchange for the fact that we make the unit unavailable and forgo the opportunity to rent to others, please honor your commitment to us. If you want the ability to cancel and get a refund, then please purchase trip insurance. You can get it from companies like Allianz and TravelGuard. They can reimburse you if you cancel for a covered reason. If you write to inquire about having us waive our cancel policy, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
3. Please do not write to ask if you can have a discount. We recently invested more than $100,000 in renovating this unit and are continuing to spend whatever it takes to keep the unit in excellent condition. We cannot afford to continue in this business unless we are able to get enough revenue to cover the expense of offering the unit. The posted rates are the rates at which we will accept bookings, not lower. If you write to inquire about a discount, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
4. Please do not write to ask if we can accommodate more than 3 people. This is a small unit intended for 1-2 adults. In some cases, one adult or grown child might be able to stay on the sofa, but this is not ideal. It is not feasible to accommodate more in this space. If you write to inquire about having more than 3 people in the unit, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
5. Please do not write to ask if we want to buy goods or services from you. If you write to try to sell something to us, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking. In such a case, we will mark your message as spam.
6. Please do not write to ask that we wire funds to any foreign or domestic bank account as a condition of getting a booking from you. If you do this, you are wasting your time, as we will not wire funds to anyone for any reason. Asking us to wire funds to a foreign country as a condition for accepting a booking from you will only hurt us because of the HomeAway algorithm, and it will not benefit you in any way, because we absolutely will not wire funds overseas to anyone, for any reason.
I've owned this unit since 1999 and have been visiting Kauai since 1994. I live in San Francisco and run a software and consulting company that focuses on payment strategy, fraud risk, and analytics.
The Owner purchased this condo in 1999
Ikena Kai was renovated and upgraded to the highest standards of design and quality in 2015.
Ikena Kai offers a unique sense of space and privacy since it's located on the ground floor of a 4 unit building - only 1 neighbor to the left, and no adjacent units to the right.
Pali Ke Kua is one of the most respected and sought after condo complexes in the island. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the location offers easy access to North Shore attractions.
There are few places in the world that offer a view like Ikena Kai.
The panoramic north facing view defies description and includes endless deep blue ocean, endless deep blue sky, massive crashing waves (in season), and the famous Bali Hai mountains.
The property is fully equipped with everything you need for relaxation, ocean vistas, peaceful sleep, and cooking up a storm if you choose to do so. You can even take a short walk down to the private beach and barbecue your dinner as we did our last night here. The decor of the condo is simple, clean contemporary and high-quality. Not a bunch of junk around like you find in some places. We found everything we needed from a practical perspective, like cookware, dishes, washing machine with detergent provided, paper towels, fresh towels for bath and beach , beach chairs, umbrella, excellent washer and dryer with detergent provided.
But most importantly, Mitch and his manager were available to take care of any questions or problems that could arise. The tenants before us had a problem with the refrigerator, and somehow there was a nice brand-new one in place ready to go by the time we arrived. For those of you who know Hawaii, that's a feat!
And for anybody who would complain about lack of air conditioning in Hawaii, they don't know Hawaii. MOST places in Hawaii do not have air conditioning, as it is rarely needed. Besides, I can't imagine closing up the windows and missing out on the sound of crashing waves and the cool breezes of the freshest air on the planet that come through the windows at night.
Bottom line: Mitch has done a wonderful job putting this place together and thinking of every detail a tenant could want, and doing it in a quality way. We travel a lot, and I rarely praise a place like this.
We've been to Princeville numerous times and stayed at several properties, including St Regis. This was by far the best view! The property has everything you need for a great stay, and is nicely appointed. But the story here is sitting out on the lanai watching the sunset - every night was a different experience and simply breath taking. Mitch is great to work with - very conscientious in making the property comfortable for guests. Highly recommend -
It is a great location, with good views, but the apartment is pretty sparse and not the warm, welcoming feel that the photo implies. This is a unit that is for rental only, and it appeared the owner does only the minimum required We arrived at night after a very long travel day, and there was nothing welcoming: an empty refrigerator, no water; no coffee, no fruit... The place could use some new towels; there was no kleenex. The internet did not work well; the cell phone reception is not good. Nothing major, but with a little effort, the place could be much nicer.
This condo, overlooking Hanalei Bay in Princeville on the north shore of Kauai, is the best place to stay in Hawaii. It sits high on the hill but close to the ocean, with fantastic views and close access to the north shore amenities. The unit is well furnished, modern, and clean. We truly found it ideal. Plus, there is an added bonus of having a great restaurant right there in the project.
Thanks, we had a perfect time in your place.
appartment was clean, perfect situated with a great view and closed to Hanaley and other hot spots.
only when the had a Party upstairs, it was not so quiet.
My boyfriend I booked 4 nights arriving the Thursday before Labor Day weekend 2016. Mitch, the owner, is extremely responsive and very organized and he operates this process in a very professional manner with a lease and all. We booked this place because of the great reviews, the location and the fact Mitch recently spent $100,000 upgrading the condo. But nowhere in the property description are you informed that the unit does not have air conditioning. I am giving this condo a very low review so that people have all the information when they book so they aren't surprised when they show up! When we were on Kauai, it was 90-95 degrees during the day with 90-98% humidity. I'm not sure if the humidity was so high because of the hurricanes that were blowing through, but this condo was not pleasant when we arrived, the air was completely stale with zero breeze and we were there only briefly on a day it was cloudy, so I can't imagine how hot it would be with the sun beating in the windows.
Within minutes of walking in the front door (which is below the parking lot level which blocks any breeze from the south) you can see there is no air conditioning so I emailed the manager, who wrote back immediately asking if we wanted a fan. He assured us at sunset the wind would shift off the ocean (from the north) and cool down the unit. But with hurricanes potentially rolling in we were concerned about windows being our only relief especially if it was windy and raining. My boyfriend, who needed to get up really early for some important work calls, was panicked that he wouldn't be able to sleep! I felt awful that I booked a place that I didn't know, didn't have air conditioning. But, I was also a little disappointed that the place just didn't look as good as the pictures portrayed or the $100,000 renovation led me to believe. The sliding door frame was rusted and the couch cover looked dirty, and the patio furniture worn.
Fortunately, we were able to check into a 5 star hotel just up the road and make light of this extremely expensive fully non-refundable mistake!
Mitch- You let people know there is no maid service, I also think you should clearly specify that there is no air conditioning so potential tenants can decide BEFORE their money is lost, that they want the "option" to control the temperature on their vacation in their living quarters.
Nearby activities: cycling, helicopter tours, surfing, body boarding, kayaking, diving, snorkeling, hiking, horseback riding, windsurfing and fishing. The `Ikena Kai Suite at Pali Ke Kua is located in the prestigious Princeville Resort. Princeville is a quiet resort community that is also home to the well-known 18-hole Prince and 27-hole Makai golf courses and the 5-star Princeville Hotel. The resort offers shopping, fine dining, gorgeous sunsets and spectacular views of Hanalei Bay and the Bali Hai Mountain, made famous in the movie, 'South Pacific.' The North Shore of Kauai is best known for the quaint historic town of Hanalei, exquisite beaches, lush tropical vegetation, and majestic mountains laced with waterfalls - all of which can be enjoyed from `Ikena Kai.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$145 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
1. Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 10am.
2. After booking is confirmed through VRBO/HomeAway, a lease will be sent. Signed lease is required to fully confirm booking. Sample lease can be sent in advance upon request.
3. Payment is due in full at time of booking. No changes. No refunds. Guests are encouraged to get travel insurance to protect from loss in case trip cannot be completed.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.