|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Come to `Ikena Kai to experience the life-enhancing mystique of Kauai’s spectacular North Shore.
This tastefully decorated, non-smoking, one-bedroom suite is perched on a cliff and offers a stunning 180-degree view of the ocean and majestic waterfall-laced mountains that will capture your imagination and take your breath away. The view from `Ikena Kai is beyond compare. It's the ideal place to relax and unwind or have the time of your life as you enjoy the many nearby activities. The suite is fully furnished with everything you need for a carefree vacation.
`Ikena Kai was completely renovated in January 2015 and is now one of the most beautiful condo rentals in Pali Ke Kua or all of Kauai. Our renovation includes new travertine-style porcelain tiles in the living area, newly painted walls, new window coverings, furniture from Room & Board, West Elm and others, Bose SoundTouch WI-FI music system, LG flat screen TV, Caesarstone Quartz Countertops, GE stainless steel appliances (fridge with purified water dispenser, dishwasher, stove, and microwave), new carpet in bedroom, new Westin Heavenly Bed, premium sheets and linens, completely new bathroom including new porcelain tiles, toilet, sink).
Start your day with a breakfast of fresh fruits grown by local farmers. Then, stroll through our lush tropical vegetation as you use our private paved path to visit a magnificent golden-sand swimming/snorkeling beach with sparkling blue and emerald water. Fall asleep to the sound of the surf or watch the whales and dolphins play. As the day ends, take a moment to admire our gorgeous sunsets from your lanai. Then, enjoy fine dining at our onsite restaurant or one of the nearby restaurants - or cook your own meal in our fully appointed kitchen. Throughout your stay, find everything you need at the Princeville Shopping Center. When you feel like exploring, take a short drive to one of the many exquisite beaches along Kauai’s North Shore or to the quaint, historic town of Hanalei.
The following serves as notification of our 'registration identification number' in compliance with Hawaii Act 326: W00703854-01.
Please note that you are renting a condo unit. This is not a hotel. We do not have daily maid service. We do not have concierge service. We do not offer a fully stocked kitchen with food (though some condiments may be left from other guests). Our commitment is to provide a clean condo unit that is as described in this listing.
We require signing of a lease to confirm the booking. Sample lease is available upon request.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
In November, HomeAway introduced a new algorithm that punishes owners who receive messages that do not result in a booking.
Please do not send a message to us if any of the following apply:
1. Please do not write if you would like to book dates that show as BOOKED on the calendar. We are committed to honoring our existing bookings and we will not cancel a confirmed booking to make room for a new booking. Please look at our calendar and inquire only if you want to book a date that shows as open in the calendar. If you write to inquire about dates that show as booked, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
2. Please do not write to ask if you can cancel your booking and get a refund. As stated in the listing, we have a no-refund and no-cancel policy. When you book this unit, we will honor your reservation (see 1 above), and as a result, we will not have the chance to rent it to anyone else. In exchange for the fact that we make the unit unavailable and forgo the opportunity to rent to others, please honor your commitment to us. If you want the ability to cancel and get a refund, then please purchase trip insurance. You can get it from companies like Allianz and TravelGuard. They can reimburse you if you cancel for a covered reason. If you write to inquire about having us waive our cancel policy, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
3. Please do not write to ask if you can have a discount. We recently invested more than $100,000 in renovating this unit and are continuing to spend whatever it takes to keep the unit in excellent condition. We cannot afford to continue in this business unless we are able to get enough revenue to cover the expense of offering the unit. The posted rates are the rates at which we will accept bookings, not lower. If you write to inquire about a discount, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
4. Please do not write to ask if we can accommodate more than 3 people. This is a small unit intended for 1-2 adults. In some cases, one adult or grown child might be able to stay on the sofa, but this is not ideal. It is not feasible to accommodate more in this space. If you write to inquire about having more than 3 people in the unit, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking.
5. Please do not write to ask if we want to buy goods or services from you. If you write to try to sell something to us, HomeAway will reduce our ranking for failing to convert that inquiry into a booking. In such a case, we will mark your message as spam.
6. Please do not write to ask that we wire funds to any foreign or domestic bank account as a condition of getting a booking from you. If you do this, you are wasting your time, as we will not wire funds to anyone for any reason. Asking us to wire funds to a foreign country as a condition for accepting a booking from you will only hurt us because of the HomeAway algorithm, and it will not benefit you in any way, because we absolutely will not wire funds overseas to anyone, for any reason.
I've owned this unit since 1999 and have been visiting Kauai since 1994. I live in San Francisco and run a software and consulting company that focuses on payment strategy, fraud risk, and analytics.
The Owner purchased this condo in 1999
Ikena Kai was renovated and upgraded to the highest standards of design and quality in 2015.
Ikena Kai offers a unique sense of space and privacy since it's located on the ground floor of a 4 unit building - only 1 neighbor to the left, and no adjacent units to the right.
Pali Ke Kua is one of the most respected and sought after condo complexes in the island. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the location offers easy access to North Shore attractions.
There are few places in the world that offer a view like Ikena Kai.
The panoramic north facing view defies description and includes endless deep blue ocean, endless deep blue sky, massive crashing waves (in season), and the famous Bali Hai mountains.
When we first arrived we couldn't stop looking out over Hanalei Bay. This is a must stay for anyone on Kauai.
The sunsets are amazing and the fit out of this condo is modern and awesome.
We will definitely be back!
I stayed at Mitch's beautiful condo for 5 nights and it was just what I needed in the way of relaxation, given my stressful job. The condo has been renovated to a very high standard and the views are simply breathtaking.
I did not have a car, but if you stay here you will need one, as Princeville is located on the North shore, but the St. Regis Hotel is located approximately a short ten minute walk away and has an excellent spa.
I had an excellent tour of Kauai from a local tour guide and loved it so much that I will be returning, but for longer this time to write my book and I cant recommend the quiet and serenity of Mitch's condo enough.
Thank you for an amazing stay!
This was a magical stay for my husband and I. Your condo with its breath taking views was exactly what we were hoping for...we sat on the lani every morning with our coffee and every evening with a glass of wine. Soaking in the mountains, the ocean and the lush tropical paradise.
Thanks Mitch! We will be back!
This is an exceptional unit in an ideal location! The kitchen is very well appointed and easy to cook in. The view of the Pacific every morning and evening is breathtaking! We got engaged on this trip, and this unit was absolutely perfect! It is very romantic and definitely a couples place. Thanks for the amazing trip :)
This condo unit is exceptionally clean. It offers high quality fixtures and an excellent bed. The view is unmatched and the beach access is a nice bonus. I am glad to see the owner maintain the property to such a high standard, which, unfortunately for outer island properties is not the norm.
In terms of conveniences (restaurants and shopping), Princeville is quieter than I expected and Lihue is a bit of a drive. The pool area provided with the condo development is marginal - more of an after thought.
Overall, a great property that offers a picture perfect view.
We had a fantastic time on the island, and staying here made it even more so.
First of all, location... Ocean & mountain views of Hanalei Bay from your own patio and dining/eating area - the sunsets were great! A quick walk to the main road gives you more views of the mountains, with a beautifully landscaped golf course across the street. There are nice paths for walking/running or riding a bike - or a quick car trip to the Princeville Shopping Center if you need groceries or want to sample the local eateries.
Secondly, the unit itself... A beautifully furnished condo apartment that feels like you're staying at a high-end resort. Spacious and inviting rooms, and all new everything throughout. Well appointed kitchen & bathroom, and very comfortable living room & bedroom.
If you like the idea of staying in a resort-like unit, but with the freedom of having your own kitchen and dining space with the necessities of home, then I would highly recommend this property! I would definitely want to stay here again on our next visit.
Nearby activities: cycling, helicopter tours, surfing, body boarding, kayaking, diving, snorkeling, hiking, horseback riding, windsurfing and fishing. The `Ikena Kai Suite at Pali Ke Kua is located in the prestigious Princeville Resort. Princeville is a quiet resort community that is also home to the well-known 18-hole Prince and 27-hole Makai golf courses and the 5-star Princeville Hotel. The resort offers shopping, fine dining, gorgeous sunsets and spectacular views of Hanalei Bay and the Bali Hai Mountain, made famous in the movie, 'South Pacific.' The North Shore of Kauai is best known for the quaint historic town of Hanalei, exquisite beaches, lush tropical vegetation, and majestic mountains laced with waterfalls - all of which can be enjoyed from `Ikena Kai.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 17 2016 - Jan 15 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
|Cleaning Fee||$135 + Tax|
1. Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 10am.
2. After booking is confirmed through VRBO/HomeAway, a lease will be sent. Signed lease is required to fully confirm booking. Sample lease can be sent in advance upon request.
3. Payment is due in full at time of booking. No changes. No refunds. Guests are encouraged to get travel insurance to protect from loss in case trip cannot be completed.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.