No need for busy tourist resorts? Looking for the authentic Sardinian life among the local population?
Located just outside the village Villaperuccio, in the south of Sardinia, among vineyards and olive trees, this spacious villa with private pool (10x5). All rooms are located on the ground floor and the house and the pool allow you to enjoy the tranquility of the countryside. This place is ideal to serve as a base from which to explore southern Sardinia! In the vicinity are also beautiful beaches (quiet and tourist), the capital Cagliari and sites of archaeological and cultural fields.
Within walking distance of the house are shops, a supermarket, bakery, butcher, pharmacy and restaurants / pizzeria.
This property is ideally suited to serve as a base for exploring the beautiful southern Sardinian environment. In the immediate vicinity you can:
- Visit the excavations of Montessu, these large prehistoric necropolis, discovered and excavated since the 70s of the last century, is undoubtedly one of the most interesting archaeological sites on the island, because of the importance that goes out of the study of rituals and burial types of people in Sardinia for the arrival of Nuraghe.
- View the Grotte Is Zuddas. The famous caves of Is Zuddas, located on the Meana Mountain at 256 meters. This unique and unreal setting, contains four rooms with stalagmites and stalactites.
- Climb the castle Aquacadda. The ruins of this castle are spread over 3 levels, on a volcanic rock. It dates from 1200 and was strategically placed as a lookout and because it was difficult to storm. A guide told you during a tour of what life was like at that time.
- Go to the coal mines in Carbonia. This old coal mine "Miniera di Serbariu", active from 1937 to 1964 after a substantial renovation transformed into a "coal museum." You will find an exposition of the history of coal mine here and throughout the 45-minute tour, accompanied by a guide, you can experience the coal.
- Giba go to the zoo. This is where the nature park 'Parco degli Angeli. Nice to spend a day and get acquainted with many species. Both a small playground and a shaded picnic area and a restaurant are available.
- Visit the peninsula of Sant'Antioco. This island in the southwest corner of Sardinia by a bridge. On arrival at the bridge you'll see a beautiful lagoon in the background Sant 'Antioco. These lagoons and salt flats are year-populated by flamingos, stilts, cormorants and gulls. Sant'Antioco has numerous historic sites such as the Chiesa di Sant'Antioco (built on the Punic and then Christian catacombs) and the nearby Museo Archeologico. The city has a large port and a vast 'centro storico'. There are many beautiful beaches on the island such as Maladroxia.
In Sardinia, many varied events, festivals and fairs organized throughout all seasons of the year. Every village has its own 'Sagra. In Santadi (the village next Villaperuccio) is celebrated annually Mauritanian wedding. A colorful parade of folk groups from various parts of Sardinia is followed by a real wedding on the big square. A young couple is united in marriage through a religious ceremony, according to the old tradition of pastoral and farmers. And all visitors are witnessing!
Of course you can also enjoy the numerous beautiful beaches that Sardinia has to offer. 15 minutes drive from the house you will find Porto Pino, this beautiful beach is very large and has a 'tourist' area (with rental of sun beds, umbrellas and pedal boats), but a bit further, you can also be very quiet. It is also recommended to make a time for a ride along the coast, you will arrive at beautiful white sandy beaches where you will make the sole use.
Furthermore, a visit to the capital Cagliari and the excavations at Nora / Pula is a must. Near Cagliari are also several aqua parks where you can entertain themselves all day.
And when you've been such a busy day on the road then you come back in the lovely peaceful surroundings of the home, where you spend a good glass of wine can be enjoyed at the pool of beautiful sunsets! Do not feel like cooking? Less than 200 meters from the house is the pizzeria / ristorante Da Delfina where you can eat a great pizza at very reasonable prices, or you can try the delicious Sardinian cuisine.