About the property
- House1614 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
3 bedrooms + 1 room, kitchentte, 2 bathrooms, in the center of Faro - capacity 7
The house develops over 3 floors, with hall and courtyard kitcenette floor 0, 2 bedrooms and bathroom on the 1st floor, one bathroom and a small room with terrace, in the attic, with a splendid view of the city and the famous Church do Carmo. The architecture is modern and minimalist, with unique details, simply decorated with pieces of furniture with elegant design, performed part to play for this purpose. It is located in the historic center in a neighborhood with very special characteristics, with large spaces surrounding the church. The room has very light, not only the upper skylight but also by its exposure to the south. The various floors provide diverse environments, with different perspectives both inside the pro exterior views. With excellent finishes, all of it with solid wood floor, and appropriate decorations in private areas. It has several outdoor spaces, from the courtyard floor 0, the two balconies to the rear and said south-facing terrace.
The location of housing is famous for its proximity to the known Carmo Church, of singular beauty, and famous for its Chapel of Bones. Near the city center and the main restaurants as well as museums and theater.
Ideal for walking through the city and have a central cover point without using transport. The nightlife district is also nearby.
Since beach programs, scenic drives through the Algarve hills, knowing landscapes magnificent typical gastronomy of each area, this part of the Algarve has to offer many ideal recreational alternative for those seeking a quality tourism both in cultural and recreational.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, french, spanish, portuguese
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 12, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Pro's & Con's
Overall it wasn't a bad stay but there were several aspects that did put us off.
First the postives...
• easily sleeps 7 people; there were 3 double beds split across the 1st & 2nd floor with a 3rd bed in the basement which was out of action. As a family of four we were dissappointed to be charged a room supplement despite not using one of the rooms.
• all creature comforts such a washing machine, ironing facilities, kitchenware etc. provided
• location wasn't too bad (a quiet area) however no address was given to us and instead we based finding the property on the map provided by Owner Direct (for anyone visiting the address is Largo do Carmo 32). There was a supermarket down the road (3 min.'s) that was very reasonable and convenient.
• 7-8 min's walk to 'Proximo' bus station, or the town centre where we found lots of great places to eat
• nice Cafe next door; we didn't use it but it seemed very popular with the locals
On to the against side...
• there were strong damp and foul waste smells especially from the bathroom on the 3rd floor; no amount of fresh air seemed to get rid of this. Also the toilet seat was broken which for a new bathroom was a surprise, and the door to the balcony was clear glass which created some privacy issues.
• no TV despite the remote control being provided
• no air-conditioning and only 2 fans (we did find a heater than blew cool air)
• whilst the area generally seemed safe, a number of doors did not having proper working locks on them
• night-time refuse collection was very noisy
This is a great house which has everything one could require for a stay in Faro. It is situated in a quiet square(except for hourly church bells and early morning refuse collection) 6/7 minutes walk from downtown Faro.
Our only small niggles were the lack of TV and very poor internet service.
Otherwise we would recommend this property for a group/family of 5/6 people.
Was it bait-and-switch?
A month before arrival, we booked the beautiful place shown here in the center of Faro (being in the center was critically important to us). BUT .... just before we arrived Pedro told us that there had been a booking error and he needed to put us in a nearby cottage. Pedro was charming and undoubtedly meant well. However, the cottage was not quite finished with its renovations and outside the center of the city. He contributed to our car-rental cost (to somewhat compensate for the inconvenience) but a-not-quite-finshd-space just was not what we contracted for.
Great place to stay in Faro
Great location, a house placed in a nice and interesting neighborhood, close to the historical center of Faro. Pedro was a great host and recommended us the best restaurant nearby. I wish we could stay a couple of weeks longer. Looking forward to coming back!
Paid Rental Rented to Someone Else
While it is possible that this owner is well meaning, it is unacceptable to find a paid and confirmed apartment rented to someone else 24 hr.s before scheduled arrival. Although the credit card company will get our money back. It should have been returned immediately. This was our first bad experience with vrbo after numerous good ones.
Nice Space, Great Location
It took us a while to realize what a great location the house is in. Our GPS brought us in the worst way and it was only after exploring Faro on foot that we could appreciate where we were. The house is very close to Old Town with some superb restaurants and the shopping district. We used the house as the base for exploring Faro as well as the Algarve and it was a perfect location for that. We also loved that just next door was a cafe that was very popular with the locals and where we ended up have our breakfast every morning that we were in Faro. We also had several dinners that were, in our opinion, among the best in our entire stay in Portugal. There were a few unfinished details in the house, but that didn't bother us and the outdoor spaces were awesome for just relaxing. Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay!
Located in the famous historic center of Faro, in a traditional setting of picturesque district of the city, this villa offers unique moments for holidaymakers who want to know the area in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. With fabulous beaches a few miles away to the east and west, from islands, the cliffs beaches, etc. Every imaginable tourist attractions are within driving kms as we in the Algarve. Unforgettable and cheap boat tours on the Ria Formosa, knowing this ecosystem of global beauty, flora and fauna unique species. Varied attractions, from golf, water sports, multiple leisure activities, and always the excellent cuisine, from the famous seafood dishes Algarve.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
daily price .... up to 3 people additional adult ... 20 euros children up to 4 years ... free child up to 12 years ... 50% PAYMENTS 40% of the total on booking (bank transfer) 60% check-in cleaning fee - 15 euros