Can Morat is a typical 18 th century Catalan farmhouse which has been fully restored with the aim of offering its visitors all modern comforts with the tranquillity of the rural environment. Since March 2005 is has been used as tourist accommodation and many very diverse celebrations have been held there such as school reunions, weddings, hen and stag nights, meetings of work groups and family reunions, among others.
The house is located in the centre of the Girona conty of La Selva, in the municipality of Sils, through which runs the AP-7 motorway, the A-II dual carriageway ant the mainline train. It is also near the C25 dual carriageway that facilitates access to the inland regions and is 15 minutes by car from Girona - Costa Brava airport. The nearest beaches are Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar and Blanes which are 20 minutes away by car.
The Can Morat farmhouse consists of a ground and first floor, is centrally heated and has a capacity of 22 people.
The ground floor has:
- A large living room with fireplace and television.
- A dining kitchen equipped with dishwasher, microwave, 2 refrigerators with freezer, butane gas cooker and electric oven.
- Two bathrooms (one adapted for people with disabilities).
- A bedroom for 3 people.
- A bedroom for 2 people.
- A laundry room equipped with sink, washing machine, iron, ironing board, large paella pans for outdoor use.
The first floor has:
- A living room with television.
- Two bedrooms of 4 people with en-suite bathroom.
- A bedroom of 3 people with en-suite bathroom.
- Two bedrooms for 3 people.
- A separate bathroom.
All beds are single and measure 1.90 x 0.90 m.
- A porch with barbecue.
- A large garden area.
- A paved 150 m2 terrace.
- An 8 x 4 m salt water swimming pool properly which is fully fenced-off and equipped with umbrellas, deckchairs and a shower. There is no lifeguard.
- Swings and slide.
- Football goalposts.
- Basketball basket.
- Table tennis table.
- Parking area.
- Clothesline to dry clothes.
Other features and services:
- Paved access.
- Pets are allowed.
- Adaptation for disabled people.
- Free WIFI.
- Information about the area.
- Open all year long.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish, English and French.
- Surrounding area: outside the urban area, secluded.
Routes: on foot or by bicycle you can do many excursions through the region of La Selva and specifically through the Estanys de Sils wetland.
Horse-riding: there are different equestrian centres in the area.
Golf: near the farmhouse is the PGA Golf de Caldes de Malavella.
Beaches of the Costa Brava: the closest are those of Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar and Blanes. Thermal baths: Magma complex in Santa Coloma de Farners.
Places of interest:
Sils: Claret Museum that contains a large collection of vintage cars and motorcycles. Estanys de Sils, protected natural wetland area.
Riudarenes: sanctuary of the Virgin of Argimon.
Santa Coloma de Farners: capital of the region, about 9 km. Away, town centre, Sant Salvador park, sanctuary and castle of Farners.
Girona: 20 km away, interesting visit to the Jewish quarter, the cathedral and the whole old part in general.
Banyoles: 35 km away, lake visiting and sailing.
Figueres: 60 km away, Dalí Museum.
Barcelona: 80 km away, capital of the autonomous community of Catalonia.