Aragon is part of the Manor House although it is completely independent. There are 2 other gites in the old stables . Ecurie sleeping 6 and the Hayloft sleeping 4.
Aragon has a wonderful traditional French feel; enormous fire in the kitchen with very thick walls. It is beautifully furnished, very warm and comfortable.
The kitchen has a large table and chairs for 6. It is well equipped for all your cooking needs.
Downstairs there is a shower room and separate toilet.
A door from the kitchen leads to the living room which overlooks the gardens. It has two sofas and a chair and large sideboard with television.
Upstairs are two pretty bedrooms , one double and one with three beds and a children's bed.
A large bathroom and separate toilet.
We wanted the gites to have every convenience for families with young children and if there is anything you especially require we will do our best to help. Cots and high chairs, stairgate and baby bath are available.
The warm indoor pool, the play area and our menagerie of animals (Horse and ponies, pigs , chickens, ducks and goats) all hoping to be fed make this an ideal holiday--you don't need to go anywhere.
*** Local Attractions & places to visit ***
There is a wealth of interesting places; 10mins - an hour
- Dinan a medieval town with cobbled streets leading down to the river Rance where you can hire boats or bicycles. There are many little shops, galleries and restaurants.
- St Malo---a fortified port, you can walk around the ramparts, visit the many shops, go to a beautiful beach stretching for miles and often visit a ship.
- Combourg with its chateau
- Becherel, a tiny city of book shops and a chateau on its outskirts.
- Mont St Michel a must . Close by an alligator park!!
- Specially for Children: A large zoo in the grounds of the Chateau Bourbansais. 15 mins.
- Kayaking. 10mins.
- Horse Riding. 15 mins
- Aquarium in St Malo 30 mins
- Cobac adventure park.
- Many many beaches 40 mins -1hr
Bath towels can be provided for EUR 5 per person (to be paid locally in cash).