About the property
- Chalet4036 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
SELF CATERING/SOLE OCCUPANCY - Ideal for Ski & Summer Multi Family & Group Trips
*ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHODS AND DISCOUNTED RATES AVAILABLE - ASK US FOR A 'NO OBLIGATION' QUOTE* firstname.lastname@example.org
*FULLY BOOKED FOR WINTER 2017/18 - NOW TAKING BOOKINGS FOR SUMMER 2018 AND WINTER 2018/19*
Situated on the edge of Écrins National Park offering easy access to the top rated family ski resort of Puy St Vincent, and the vast Grande Serre Chevalier in sunny Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. Ideal for exploring the best ski resorts in the Southern Alps in the winter, and for Kayaking, Climbing, Biking, Walking, Swimming, Sunbathing, and everything else in the summer!
* PUY SAINT VINCENT - VOTED BEST VALUE SKIING IN FRANCE & THE RESORT WITH THE CONSISTENTLY THE MOST SNOW!
* SUNNIEST PLACE IN EUROPE - 300 DAYS OF SUNSHINE A YEAR - MEDITERRANEAN CLIMATE IN THE SUMMER!
* CHALET HAS 8 PROPER BEDROOMS ON 3 FLOORS - LOG FIRE IN COMFORTABLE LOUNGE PLUS LARGE BAR / ENTERTAINMENT ROOM IN THE BASEMENT - OUTSIDE HOT TUB - UK TV & UNLIMITED WI-FI THROUGHOUT
* NO ANNOYING EXTRA FEES! - LINENS, TOWELS, UTILITIES, LOGS, TAXES, AND CLEANING ALL INCLUDED IN RENTAL
* 360 DEGREE VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS AND GLACIER FROM THE SUNNY BALCONIES & SOUTH FACING GARDEN WITH HOT TUB
* FLEXIBLE CHANGEOVER DAYS & WEEKENDS AVAILABLE
* CHILD FRIENDLY - COTS, TODDLER BED, HIGHCHAIRS, TOYS, GAMES AND BOOKS
* PARKING RIGHT BY THE FRONT DOOR AND EASY SKI STORAGE
* SECURE ON-LINE RESERVATION - CREDIT / DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED - 5* TRIP ADVISOR REVIEWS - BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
WHY CHALET LES VIGNEAUX & PUY ST VINCENT?
Puy St Vincent is virtually unknown to the British skier, even through the English Alpine Championships are often held here. We think they are trying to keep it a secret! Its smaller size means uncrowded pistes, no queues, parking right by the pistes (which our visitors frequently report is much easier than being in resort and having to walk even 100m with skis!) and with lift pass prices half that of the large resorts, offers great value for money with no compromise on the quality of skiing, in addition to having an envied snow record and unrivaled provincial sunshine! Puy St Vincent is great place to learn, and has built a reputation as one of the best family resorts around, but also offers some of the most challenging black runs and off piste, in addition to long tree-lined sweeping greens and blues, and a large variety of challenging reds, that see visitors return year after year. A six day ski pass here unbelievably also gives you a free days skiing in 7 other nearby resorts including the vast Serre Chevalier, Montgenèvre, Claviere, Sestriere & Sauze d'Oulx in the Italian Milky Way, Pelvoux, La Grave, Alpe d'Huez and Les 2 Alpes!
Chalet les Vigneaux is perfectly located whether you are looking for a family holiday in a quiet resort, or a full on ski tour of the biggest and best French resorts.
*NEWS! - Serre Chevalier has been voted the best value ski resort for km's of piste, and Puy St Vincent, the best value resort overall in France by Le Figaro!*
CHALET LES VIGNEAUX ACCOMMODATION
Chalet Les Vigneaux is perfect for one or more families to share or for a large group with plenty of space inside and out to relax in after your wonderful days out in the mountains. The chalet can sleep up to 16 adults in its 8 bedrooms. For family groups with children the chalet can accommodate up to 20-22!
There are no sofa beds. All bedrooms have beds and come with two pillows per person, duvets, bed linen and towels.
The chalet is located in a quiet residential 'no through' road.
Private parking for 3/4 cars on drive right by the chalet entrance.
Window with view to the south. Large American style fridge freezer with water / ice on tap. Breakfast bar, double sink, dishwasher, large gas stove and oven, separate electric combi oven, additional microwave. Two double toasters, kettle, Two coffee machines. Fully equipped with cutlery, crockery, glasses etc.
PC with internet access, iTunes Library, MP3 / iPod input, speakers in Kitchen and Living Room. Second access to Lounge / Dining area.
Utility Room -
Shelves offering storage, washing machine, tumble dryer and 2nd freezer.
Breakfast Area -
Adjacent to kitchen across hallway from front door.
Kitchen table with bench and four chairs. Ideal for casual breakfast and feeding children.
TV with UK Sat channels. Highchairs available.
Door to apartment / 4th bedroom and Utility Room.
Lounge / Dining Area -
Large open plan space, the width of the entire house with three sets of double french doors which lead on to a wide wooden balcony, with picnic table and chairs which wraps the house facing south and west, giving views of Pelvoux glacier and the surrounding valley.
The L-shaped open plan lounge / dining area has a large wooden dining table for 16+. Lounge area has large working fireplace, three large sofas and an armchair. LCD HD TV with Sky box, UK & French digital channels, DVD player. Media player with massive library of over 200 classic and recent films in all genres. Wooden floor with rugs. Solid wooden staircase up to gallery style hallway to top floor.
Self Contained Attached Apartment (Bed 6) -
Small self contained apartment with double bed. Access either from the breakfast area, or French doors to front of chalet, private parking.
Kitchenette with sink, microwave, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, two ring hob.
Double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside tables.
TV with DVD and Sky box UK & French channels. WIFI.
Sliding door to shower room with cubical shower, small sink and toilet, and heated electric towel rail.
Upper Floor Hall -
Open hall with wooden floors and staircase and stacked bookshelf with reading for all tastes.
Door to five bedrooms& 2 Bath / Shower Rooms.
Bedroom 1 -
King size double bed, dressing table, two built in wardrobes, one narrow full length built in wardrobe. Chest of drawers and French doors to gorgeous small balcony looking south. Perfect for morning coffee or catching the last of the day's sunshine with a book.
LCD TV with UK Sky box and CD Stereo with MP3 / iPod input. English and French plug sockets.
Bedroom 2 -
Standard double bed, toddler bed & cot, wardrobe, chest of drawers, south facing window. Additional travel cot, if required. LCD TV with UK & French channels.
Bedroom 3 -
Two single beds, large built in wardrobe, Velux window with blackout blind.
Bedroom 4 -
One bunk bed and one single bed, small wardrobe, chest of drawers, Velux window with blackout blind.
Bedroom 5 -
Bunk bed for two plus two single beds. LCD TV with UK channels & DVD.
Large Family Bathroom -
Jack and Jill double sinks, Large Shower, Bath, Toilet, Velux window. Storage, drawers. Supplied with towels, flannels, bath and shower mats.
2nd Top Floor Shower Room -
Shower, Sink and Toilet
Basement Hall -
Door from kitchen hallway on middle floor leading to oak covered staircase which opens up to 3.5m high ceilings into basement hallway. Hallway in basement has a window and under stair mini gym, door to Shower room, Bedroom 7, Bedroom 8, and open archway to bar and recreation area. Independent electric heating in each room.
Bedroom 7 -
Large bedroom with King Size double bed, window with magnificent views to the west and lower large sunny terrace.
Dressing table, wardrobe, chest of drawers, TV with English & French channels.
Bedroom 8 -
Two single beds. Wardrobe, window with views to the west and lower large sunny terrace. Additional truckle single bed that can be moved to any room.
Shower Room -
Large shower, fully tiled room with sink and toilet.
Bar Area -
Large open plan room with carved wooden bar, bar stools, fridge and fully equipped with glasses and bar accessories.
A dart board and an acoustic guitar adorn the walls along with with vintage ski's, skiing photographs and all the local piste maps.
Two large three seater leather sofas, with coffee table.
Wooden fitted desk at far end. Sofa bed.
PC (also connected to large TV) with Internet and massive 60GB iTunes library connected to Hi-Fi at bar. CD player and MP3 / iPod input.
Large TV with HD Freesat (UK & French channels), Nintendo Wii games consule.
Access to boiler and electrics room. At the other end there is a ski storage area, coat rack, and double glass doors with shutters leading out to the garden and sunny terrace, BBQ, massive round outdoor table and benches and deck chairs.
Outdoor Hot Tub under large canopy with bar stools seating and padded floor.
South facing garden with outside tables, benches and seating. Partly slate and decked area leads onto artificial grass garden 5mX4m and swings and slide play area. Additional large open sunny terrace with picnic table round the side.
A CHILD FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT THAT IS ALSO PERFECT FOR ADULT ENTERTAINMENT!
To reserve the chalet we ask for a 25% deposit, with balance due one month prior to arrival.
There is a refundable security deposit of just £100, but no other charges (all local taxes, utilities, logs, towels, linens and cleaning at the end of your stay are included in the quoted price).
Reservation and payment of both the initial deposit and final payment can be made on line through this website with any credit or debit card. Simply complete the 'Enquire Now' section at the top right of this page (or click the button just below). We will then send you a no obligation formal quote via HomeAway, with details of how to proceed on-line if you wish to confirm the booking.
We also accept direct bookings by bank transfer in either £ or € and also offer an instalment plan should you wish to spread the cost of your holiday. Contact us at email@example.com
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 06, 2018
The chalet is our former family home. We moved to France in 2005 with our two year old daughter, Our second daughter was born at Briancon hospital, and both attended the local primary school in the village, becoming fluent in French. We reluctantly moved back to the UK in 2010 to keep our children English, and now live in Surrey, but try and return to these beautiful mountains whenever we can.
Carol purchased this Chalet in 2005
Why Carol chose Les Vigneaux
Having previously worked throughout the entire French Alps, choosing where to live and buy was easy. Les Vigneaux and the Briancon region not only offer amazing skiing but also incredible weather. With 300 days of sunshine a year the blue skies are an almost permanant feature. In the winter its cold, and in the summer the mediterranean climate means 30 degrees nearly every day!
What makes this Chalet unique
Being a former British family home the chalet has the benefit of UK facilities, like plugs sockets and Sky UK TV plus all the home comforts like proper kettles and toasters that are not usually found in French owned holiday only homes.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Ideal getaway for families and groups
We stayed in this chalet as two families of 5 and 6 persons and a couple. Advice from owners regarding ski hire and lift passes before arrival was really helpful.
The property was clean on arrival and towels laid out by each bed. The space here is amazing; it is quite easy to lose someone! The bar is a brilliant, relaxing space. The kitchen has plenty of everything and some.
Dining room table big enough to seat all of us together; really comfortable beds; loads of storage space. These are the things that, for us, make up for the drive to resort.
Skiing in Puy St Vincent is great. It is safe for the older children to ski by themselves as all runs lead back to the same place, giving them some independence. The youngest child and beginners in our group enjoyed the gentle greens and some of the blues. Whilst the more experienced found stunning views at the top of the mountain and some really challenging runs. Puy St Vincent isn't a vast ski area, but there is plenty to keep you occupied for 6 days skiing.
The weather here is incredible. It can be really sunny (sun cream is a must) before closing in and becoming a virtual whiteout.
Shopping in the village was really convenient - Carrefore and the bakery were visited daily. All the local people here are really friendly and helpful.
Value for money in ski hire shops and especially lift passes was amazing.
One of our favourite resorts. Definitely our favourite chalet.
Thank you. We would recommend this chalet 100%
Everything we could have wanted for a ski trip
The chalet itself was considerably larger than we expected. This is a big, and very comfortable place!
There were fourteen of us staying including 6 children and my 9 month old, and everyone had their own space and privacy if needed.
The bedrooms were also large, very clean, and for once in France, the beds were decent.
Kitchen had everything we needed and more.
Liked the abundance of decent size pint and wine glasses (cant drink out of a thimble on a ski trip!). Fridge with ice on tap was well used.
We usually eat out at least a few times, but on this trip, we only managed to drag ourselves away from the chalet once. Visited the excellent Tables Gaspard restaurant, which was recommended in the comprehensive chalet information book provided. The bar in the basement was probably the thing that made this holiday home really work for us. It's far away enough from the kids bedrooms to play loud music late without them hearing a thing.
Views from the balconies are stunning, and great for soaking up the afternoon's winter sun.
Had my reservations about Puy St Vincent, as hadn't heard of it before, however it is a gem, and we didn't even use the free day skiing our pass here gave us in the other resorts. Unbeatable snow and weather conditions, English ski instructors. Didn't queue for a lift once. Perfect runs for children and beginners, and a total variety of runs for everyone else, including some serious blacks and off piste for our lone border. Big enough for a week, but small enough to let older children ski off on their own. Our lift passes on this trip were nearly half what we paid in Courchevel the previous year, and didn't need to take out a mortgage to buy lunch on the slopes. €5 for a large beer, compared with €9 in Courchevel!
In an ideal world, would be great if the chalet was ski in ski out, (for the same price!) however Puy St Vincent is only a few minutes away, and the local information in the chalet manual enabled us to park right next to the slope every time, with no walking at all. It actually turned out easier to do this than walk, even a short distance, with children and all their gear as well, as is usually the case.
Would like return for a 'boys trip', if my wife lets me, and / or the whole family possibly for an Xmas holiday in the future, as this is somewhere we can take non-skiers and grandparents too.
In Summary - Total value for money without any compromise on the quality of accommodation or skiing.
Nous avons passé un très agréable séjour. Le chalet est très grand et bien équipé. Nous le recommandons vivement
Super chalet pour groupe d'amis
Très confortable et super bien équipé, nous n'avons manqué de rien pour 15 personnes en lits individuels.
Propriétaires très chaleureux et à l'écoute de nos questionnements.
Je le recommande vivement
Magnifique week-end en famille !!
Chalet fonctionnel et très agréable pour une famille nombreuse. Rien ne manque, tout a été prévu pour le bonheur des vacanciers.. Jusqu'au jacuzzi extérieur, qui permet de se détendre après une journée de ski !!
A faire et à refaire, en famille ou entre amis..
Merci aux propriétaires, tout était parfait !!
Très grand chalet très bien équipé, vaste et bien aménagé pour plusieurs familles, situé à 15-20 min des stations de skis. Tout était bien expliqué et très bonne communication avec les propriétaires. Un we entre amis très agréable.
- WINTER SKI The chalet is located between L'Argentière-la-Bessée and Les Vigneaux between the Durance and Gironde rivers, with easy access to the top rated family ski resort of Puy St Vincent, the famous skiing of Serre Chevalier with 250km of pistes, and extensive Ski du Fond tracks along the Vallouise valley. Puy St Vincent is a few minute drive from the chalet, with easy parking right on the slopes, whilst the Serre Chevalier lifts can be reached in around 10 minutes. The smaller resort of Pelvoux is at the end of the Valley, also less than 10 minutes away and is perfect for beginners with free nursery runs, and also with parking right by the slopes, so no walking with skis! Also within easy reach are the resorts of Montgenèvre, Claviere & Sestriere in the Italian Milky Way, Risoul / Var, and La Grave. A weeks adult ski pass at Puy St Vincent is just €150 and gives you a day in each of the above resorts, plus a day in Alpe d'Huez and Les 2 Alpes! - The best value skiing around! All the local ski resorts have English and English speaking ski instructors, creche facilities, and a wide choice of ski hire outlets (right on the slopes). Discounted ski hire deals are provided. Off the slopes you will find dedicated Toboggon and Sledging areas at Puy St Vincent and Pelvoux and free ice skating, whilst Briançon offers indoor ice skating in the ice hockey arena used by the famous 'Diables Rouges' team. The sports centre here also has a great swimming pool centre with slides, or for a more relaxing apres-ski soak try the renowned baths and spa at 'Les Grands Bains du Monêtier' in Serre Chevalier, or the new heating swimming pool (to 30c!) right on the slopes at Puy St Vincent! For a little more adventure the comprehensive guide book at the chalet has all the details for skidoo hire, ski parapente, husky rides, ice climbing and even ice driving! - IN THE SUMMER THE AREA OFFERS EVERY ALPINE ADVENTURE POSSIBLE! VIA FERRATA - The nearest Via Ferrata is visible from the property and just a few hundred metres away where there is also a zip line across the Durance gorge. CLIMBING - Some of the most popular and famous climbing areas such as Ailefroide and Freissinières are just a few km's away. RAFTING & KAYAKING - The chalet is just above the point where the Durance and Gyronde rivers meet, and only a kilometre from L’Argentière la Bessée where the World Championships are held. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTtWvrA7SKA) CANYONING - Fournel, Tramouillon, Eychauda & Pra Reboul Canyon's all within a few km's. MOUNTAIN BIKING / VTT - Tracks and parks throughout the Vallouise valley for professionals and children alike. ROAD BIKING & MOTORCYLING - All the famous cols from the Tour de France within easy reach. FAMILY ACTIVITIES - Adventure Parcs, Horse Riding, Paragliding, Quad Biking, Summer Tobboggan, Lakes with beaches and pedalos, Indoor and outdoor swimming pools with slides, and even year round Ice Skating. No one gets bored here! - The small town of L'Argentiere la Bessée is less than 1km from the chalet with supermarkets, bars, and restuarants and everything needed for a weeks holiday. Briançon, the highest (and 300 days a year!) sunniest town in Europe is just over 10 mins away with large supermarkets, casino, a beautiful Unesco Heritage old town, and an abundance of restuarants from simple mountain fayre to Michelin star establishments, full details of which are provided in our comprehensive guide book. The nearest major airport is Turin in Italy situated approximately one and a half hours / two hours drive away. Turin is a relatively small airport where airport taxes, and flights prices are lower than French and Swiss airports, and the crowds can be avoided. Car hire is also considerably cheaper in Italy. The nearest French airport is at Grenoble and is approximately two and a quarter hours drive from the airport to the chalet. The airports at Marseille and Lyon can be easily reached in under 3 hours by autoroute. British Airways fly daily to Turin from Gatwick from £42 each way. BA also fly to Lyon & Marseille. Easyjet fly to Turin, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and to Grenoble, Lyon and Marseille daily. Ryanair offer flights to Turin, Grenoble, Lyon and Marseille from Stanstead. *Blue Air now offer flights from Luton to Turin from £19!* The train station in L'Argentiere la Bessée less than 1km away runs services to Briançon, Gap and Valance, and overnight service to Paris. There are connections at Paris to Lille, Calais and the Eurostar to the UK. Les Vigneaux is approximately 660 miles from Calais and can be reached by car in around 10 hours. - Our chalet is located in the peaceful valley of Les Vigneaux and to respect the peace and tranquility and our neighbours, we ask all guests to restrict excessive noise levels in particular on the balconies and on the outdoor terraces. There must be no outdoor noise after 10.00pm under French law.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
TO RESERVE / RÉSERVER - 25% BALANCE DUE ONE MONTH PRIOR TO ARRIVAL / SOLDE DUS UN MOIS AVANT L'ARRIVÉE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES / PAS DE FRAIS SUPPLÉMENTAIRES (Quoted price includes all local taxes, heating, hot water, electricty, logs, bed linen, towels and cleaning) (Le prix indiqué comprend toutes les taxes locales, chauffage, eau chaude, électricité, bois chauffage, linge de lit, serviettes et nettoyage) LOW RETURNABLE DAMAGE DEPOSIT / PETIT CAUTION - €125 PRIX D'ETE SEMAINE / WEEKLY SUMMER PRICES 14/04 - 02/06 - €1860 02/06 - 30/06 - €2070 30-06 - 14/07 - €2430 14/07 - 21/07 - €2700 21/07 - 28/07 - €2910 28/07 - 18/08 - €3015 18/08 - 25/08 - €2910 25/08 - 01/09 - €2700 01/09 - 08/09 - €2430 08/09 - 29/09 - €2070 29/09 - 01/12 - €1860 PRIX DE LA SEMAINE HIVER / WEEKLY WINTER PRICES 01/12 - 08/12 - €2070 (WEEKEND - €1100) 08/12 - 15/12 - €2430 (WEEKEND - €1300) 15/12 - 22/12 - €2700 (WEEKEND - €1400) 22/12 - 05/01 - €4000 (RESERVE 2018/19) 05/01 - 26/01 - €2280 (WEEKEND - €1200) 26/01 - 09/02 - €2590 (WEEKEND - €1400) 09/02 - 16/02 - €3500 (ZONE B) 16/02 - 23/02 - €4000 (ZONE A & B + UK HALF TERM) 23/02 - 02/03 - €3500 (ZONE A & C) 02/03 - 09/03 - €3500 (ZONE C) 09/03 - 13/04 - €2590 (WEEKEND - €1400) 13/04 - 18/04 - €2070 (WEEKEND - €1100) 19/04 - 22/04 - €1500 (EASTER / PÂQUES WEEKEND SPECIAL - 3 NUITS) 22/04 - 01/06 - €2070 (WEEKEND - €1100) EN - THE ABOVE PRICES EXCLUDE THE HOMEAWAY SERVICE FEE (APPROX 5%) BOOKINGS MADE THROUGH HOMEAWAY ARE PROCESSED IN €. TO BOOK DIRECT WITH THE OWNERS WITHOUT A SERVICE FEE, IN EITHER £ OR €, EMAIL - CHALET@LESVIGNEAUX.COM FR - LES PRIX CI-DESSUS EXCLUENT LES FRAIS DE SERVICE D'ABRITEL (ENVIRON 5%) LE CHALET PEUT ÊTRE RÉSERVÉ DIRECTEMENT AUX PROPRIÉTAIRES SANS FRAIS DE SERVICE PAR TRANSFERT BANCAIRE CONTACTEZ-NOUS AU - CHALET@LESVIGNEAUX.COM