|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
La Petite Grange is a welcoming two bedroomed converted barn ideal for two couples or a family. It has a large terrace and barbecue to fully enjoy the mild Spring and Summer nights and the wonderful colours of Autumn, shaded by an awning and a beautiful fig tree.
The ground floor is open plan with a custom built vaulted kitchen, stairs to upstairs and a further vaulted lounge/dining area. The downstairs bedroom is very large and has a double bed which converts into two single beds and an en-suite shower room. There is a door to a small gravelled garden with table and chairs. The upstairs bedroom is spacious and houses a double bed with a shower, wash basin and WC en-suite. There is a child gate at the top of the staircase. Both bedrooms have plenty of space for a baby's cot. La Petite Grange has 1 metre thick walls and so is very temperature neutral throughout the year.
We also let La Magnanerie (Property number 1074115) which is an adjoining gite with two bedrooms for 4 people, so if you wish to come as a group, both properties can be let at the same time, subject to availability.
In addition to the terrace, there is a shared grassy garden area with sun loungers, benches and a parasol.
• La Petite Grange is situated almost half way between Lablachère and Joyeuse in the South of the Ardèche.
• Lablachère has three boulangeries, two bars/cafés, a hotel, an award winning charcuterie/boucherie, an épicerie, a takeaway pizzeria, a greengrocers and our local cave which sells award winning wines. Markets are held every Sunday.
• Joyeuse is an ancient small market town with an old town containing craft shops, restaurants, Musée de la Chataignerie and House of Caricatures. Markets are held every Wednesday and craft markets on Sunday evenings in the summer.
• The Ardèche is an unspoilt area with stupendous mountains and gorges and views to die for!
• Close to some of the “most beautiful villages of France” including Balazuc, Naves, Thines and Vogue.
• Superb base for exploring the Cevennes Mountains and National Park, the Camargue, the Mediterranean coast, Provence and the Alps.
• Close to La Caverne du Pont D'Arc Ardèche -a UNESCO heritage site
• Stunning underground caves at the Aven D'Orgnac and the Grotte de la Cocalière
Local outdoor activities – canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, bouldering, walking, cycling, mountain biking, canyoning, caving, paragliding, swimming, horse riding, tennis, boules, high wires, golf, skiing and bird-watching.
• Bois de Paiolive, amazing primeval forest of white oaks and petrified rocks with labyrinth walks
• Gastronomy, fine wines and local produce, regular markets and wine tastings.
• Carrefour supermarket in Joyeuse. Netto supermarket at Lablachère. Intermarché and Lidl supermarkets at Rosières. Super-U Hypermarket at Ruoms and Les Vans and LeClerc at La Chapelle sous Aubenas
• Aubenas is our nearest large town with an abundance of individual shops and a beautiful chateau which is open to visitors.
Until 2009, my husband Alan was an architect in Cumbria. We had already bought La Petite Grange as a potential holiday home and had started to do it up, but that was too much of a long term project so Alan decided to take the plunge and get his hands dirty so moved to France with a view to setting up our gite business. His first job was to completely renovate La Petite Grange (whilst living in with all the mess) and then to do the same with the adjoining property, La Magnanerie.
Jane Marston purchased this barn in 2005
When we first saw the property, we fell in love with it and its views across the valley of the hills and forests, together with the stunning view of the Tanargue mountains beyond.
La Petite Grange has a lovely atmosphere with the vaulting and the really thick walls which makes it a haven when the summer sun gets too hot (which can be the case in July and August). The terrace has wonderful views over the hills beyond and the shade of the fig tree which we had initially cut down to ground level but which had no intention of giving up and is now considerably bigger than when we started.
Nous avons passe une semaine merveilleuse dans votre "petite grange". Situe au coeur d'une region magnifique, votre petit duplex est un havre de paix ou il fait bon vivire. Detente, repos et le plein de soleil nous ont fait beaucoup de bien. Merci pour votre acceuil et vos conseils precieux
This was our second visit and this time we came with friends and the new ground floor bedroom with cosy en-suite made this possible and worked very well as we were separate and private. It even has its own private outdoor area so we were never on top of each other.
The Barn was very clean and well furnished, with a small kitchen, great for making meals, breakfast etc. With a very sunny terrace immediately outside with a retractable sun canopy for alfresco eating.
Alan and Jane were very welcoming and helpful going the extra mile literally when we could not get tickets to visit the Chavet Caves by organising the tickets for us.
Will be back as this is a lovely part of the world with lots to see and do and not too busy.
The barn had been converted beautifully to a very high standard. Clean and well maintained and owners very helpful. Would definitely recommend the property to others. Very good restaurants and activities nearby - especially around the Ardeche Gorge.
My partner, baby and I stayed at le petite grange in May for a friends wedding. The gite itself was absolutely perfect for us, it had everything we needed and was well laid out with a really homely feel to it. It was quiet and peaceful and had a very relaxing atmosphere. Our baby who was a crawling 11M old at the time stayed in the travel cot provided on request and the property was a safe, clean environment for him to explore. The seating area outside the property was a sun trap which was lovely for eating any time of day and also had a sun canopy. The views while eating outside were beautiful!
The location was easy to find and the routes we took went through beautiful landscapes.
The nearby villages of la Blachere and Joyeuse were a short 15 minute walk with plenty to offer. There are also many beautiful places to visit within the Ardeche and we hope to return and explore more in the future.
The owners, who live on site were very welcoming and helpful and have set out the two properties in such a way they are not imposing on each other. The driveway and gardens were well created and cared for and helped create this beautiful site perfect for anyone to spend time in this scenic location.
I would go back in a flash and highly recommend this gite!
We have stayed at the lovely Gites Marston several times over the past few years and we always have a fantastic time. La Petite Grange makes the perfect home away from home for a relaxing holiday and its location, being walking distance from both Joyeuse and Lablachere, makes it the perfect property from which to explore the area, whilst also being able to make the most of the countryside with a lovely big terrace, a beautiful sunny garden and a view over the vineyards, which is to die for.
The house itself is cosy, homely and finished stylishly to a high standard, with a beautiful kitchen that's fully equipped with everything you need. The barn renovation is gorgeous, with stunning original features such as the vaulted stone ceiling downstairs, which is so quintessentially South France, paired with modern amenities such as new bathrooms, flat screen TV and fast internet.
Since our last visit, the property has actually been extended to include a second bedroom, which is absolutely stunning and comes complete with its own bathroom and a lovely secluded terrace on the side of the building; it's now the perfect property for two couples or a family. We stayed as two couples and a baby and it was the perfect layout; with one bedroom upstairs and the other downstairs, both rooms felt secluded and private.
The owners, Jane and Alan, are wonderful! They went out of their way to ensure that we had everything required for our stay, and as always, provided huge amounts of information about the area. They're the perfect hosts as they're available if you need them, but really appreciate the value of leaving you in peace and giving you the privacy to enjoy your stay.
All in all, another amazing stay at Gites Marston!
Nous revenons tout juste de notre séjour en Ardèche. La location est belle, typique et très bien située par rapport aux sites touristiques. Nous vous conseillons vivement cette location. Les propriétaires sont accueillants et très sympathiques ! Nous gardons cette location dans nos tablettes pour notre prochaine visite en Ardèche !
Un vrai plaisir !
La petite grange est un excellent gite, superbement restauré, confortable et parfaitement équipé pour accueillir un couple qui désire découvrir l’Ardèche du Sud.
Les propriétaires sont accueillant, avenants, toujours disponibles et de bons conseils. Ce fut un plaisir de partager et d’échanger sur la région et l’histoire de la petite grange.
Ce gite est idéalement situé pour découvrir cette magnifique région, des villages pittoresques et des paysages somptueux, à découvrir lors de ballades en voiture, randonnées pédestres et en canoë !
Il y a proximité des commerces pour assurer le quotidien, ainsi que des marchés riches en produits locaux (Vin, fromages, châtaigne, charcuterie, etc…).
Nous ne manquerons pas de revenir lors de nos prochaines visites en Ardèche du Sud.
• La Petite Grange is a restored vaulted stone barn situated halfway between Lablachère and Joyeuse in the South of the Ardèche which comprises living/dining area, kitchen, large downstairs double bedroom en-suite bathroom with shower and upstairs double bedroom en-suite bathroom with shower and a large shaded terrace.
• Ideal for two couples or a family – suitable for 4 people, two double beds, one of which can convert into two separate beds .
• Near to the stunning Ardèche Gorge, Ardèche and Chazzezac rivers - a mecca for canoeing and kayaking - and the Cevennes National Park.
• Close to Les Vans, Balazuc, Ruoms, Aubenas, Vogue and Vallon Pont D’Arc. La Caverne du Pont D'Arc, Ardeche (formerly known as La Grotte Chauvet)
• Within striking distance of Montélimar, Orange, Avignon, Nîmes, Arles, Uzès, Montpellier, Grenoble, Lyon, the Camargue, the Mediterranean coast, Provence and the Alps.
• Available local activities include – canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, bouldering, walking, cycling, mountain biking, canyoning, caving, paragliding, swimming, horse riding, tennis, boules, high wires, golf, skiing and bird-watching.
• Regular markets selling Ardechoise produce, craft markets, gastronomy, wine tasting, fabulous restaurants, cafés and bars.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Oct 29 2016 - Dec 23 2016
3 night minimum stay
Christmas and New Year
Dec 24 2016 - Jan 6 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable damage deposit||$107|
A cleaning + damage deposit of 100 euros per week rental is required, refundable within 14 days of the end of the letting, subject to inspection.
Please note our cancellation policy as set out in our rental contract.
We accept Cheque-Vacances.
We also rent out the adjoining property, La Magnanerie, a two bedroomed property sleeping 4 which can be let at the same time, subject to availability.
Please note that our minimum let in July and August is one week.