Caroline’s got your ACL Fest 2017 survival kit all picked out for you. Find out which six must-have products you probably haven’t thought of, but will definitely require, when you descend on Zilker.
Your packing strategy can make or break your ACL Fest 2017 experience. Can’t-live-without-’em essentials include sunblock, water pack, bar snacks, more sunblock. But here are some less-obvious yet often necessary items that you should consider throwing in your backpack:
1. A portable phone charger. You’ll likely need your phone to Uber home or navigate via the map, and outlets are few and far between at the festival.
2. Shower wipes. “It gets hot in Texas” is the understatement of the century. Chances are you’ll look like you’ve been practicing Bikram after a few hours of daytime festing in direct sunlight. I like these ones from Sephora.
3. A flagpole. If you want your friends to be able to find you, get a telescoping flagpole. And remember to get a unique flag (or make your own), as you won’t be the only one walking around with the stars and stripes on a 15-foot pole.
4. Extra socks. If you choose to wear shoes with socks, bring a spare pair of the latter. Wet socks are the worst, and rain is always a possibility.
5. Inflatable lounger. Skip the cumbersome chair and bring one of these. It’s lightweight and super comfortable; everyone sitting on lumpy towels nearby will be jealous of you.
6. Electrolyte tabs. We recommend constantly drinking water during ACL Fest 2017; but, honestly, with long lines at water-refill and food stations, that’s not always possible. Pack some electrolyte tabs in your backpack to help keep hydrated.