We have experienced many VRBOs over the last few years, and quite honestly this was the best for the following reasons:
(1) The views - the photos don't disappoint, the views are stunning and you never get tired of seeing the ocean waves.
(2) High quality furnishings - whether the beautiful Mexican furniture and tableware throughout or the very comfortable enormous beds and quality bedding, this is a luxuriously appointed condo and you really feel it is a home.
(3) Modern kitchen - this kitchen was almost better equipped than ours at home with a microwave, gas oven, coffee maker, full range of chef's knives and every kitchen necessity including a garlic press. This made a huge difference since we ate mostly at home. We also loved the Pati Jinich's cookbook there so you could make some Mexican recipes - do try the chicken tinga and the pork dishes.
(4) Information booklet - the owners have put together a guide and places they recommend. We would never have known about Chamico's - a beach restaurant off a beaten track if it were not for the guide. We loved the place so much we went twice.
(5) Beach equipment - the owners don't advertise this, but they have a whole array of useful beach equipment for you to borrow which is hugely helpful, there are sand shoes, flippers, beach bags and a cooler - this saves you lot of money if you are going snorkeling on repeated occasions which we did.
(6) Responsive owners - even though Bruce and Sue were on vacation while we there, they were very quick to reply to all our queries however small they might have been. We really appreciated that.
One of our best vacations in a beautiful little beach resort. Akumal and this condo won't disappoint.