The Vineyard is a beautiful secluded property on a quiet road, set in 32 acres of beautiful fields and with a large vineyard.
We were blessed with good weather for most of our visit, and with 11 people, we got good use of the pool and outdoor areas as well as the communal space inside. We did not feel at all crowded, there was plenty of space.
As with many vacation/holiday rentals there were some little issues, but Adrian(?) the owner was attentive and concerned about our enjoyment and took care of them to the extent he was able.
The owner was helpful in suggesting hikes - some of us did the Lancellos - Fowey hike (beautiful, thanks for the recommendation!), as well as the coastal path hike from Looe back to the house.
The house was clean (although we found someone's bunny under one of the beds). Well appointed with appliances (coffee machine took a bit of figuring out, but was a hit with the coffee fiends amongst us!). New washing machine was delivered on our first night (invaluable!). We appreciated the pool towels, but could have used some tea-towels in the kitchen. Plenty of plates, and dishes.
The Vineyard is walking distance to Seaton - about 20 minutes down hill - an easy walk to the beach or pub. We had a horrible experience at Waves Bar (don't even bother, probably OK for cocktails), but the food truck beside the The Smuggler's Pub is FABULOUS !!! The walk back up-hill to the house is steep, but do-able.
There is an amazing hidden gem of a restaurant about a 7 mins drive - Blue Plate in Downderry - one of the best meals I've ever had. (Ask for Sam.)
Overall, we loved the property and wanted for very little during our stay. Spectacular views. FYI - Tesco's will deliver to the house (even though they got lost) ... nearest Tesco is 40 mins away, although there is a small Coop in Looe.
- You own an amazing vineyard, leave a couple bottles for guests, they might buy more to enjoy at home
- Assorted toiletries: perhaps some basic necessities (shampoo, shower gel, hair-dryer, coffee, tissues, bottled water, rubbish bags, etc). We did appreciate the mini-soap bars though!
- More mirrors please
- Fix/replace bi-fold doors, we shouldn't have to worry about opening them
- Don't make your guests organize and get rid of their own recycling.
- Provide other linens for warmer days
- A couple of pool sun beds would be great
- Beds were very hard
- Security light was annoying at night