The property was very nice, the bedrooms were great, and the view beautiful, room on the beach and that is where it ends.
• One day without AC.
• Spotted palmetto bugs
• Furnishings are less then comfortable
• It is not located in a gated community but along the road to a gated community
• The swimming pool is just over a half mile away from the unit
• The beach is not a “100 yards” from the beach but 330 yard
• The sand dunes are 100 yards after you cross two active streets
As for the local amenities such as restaurants there are too few to handle the population, waits from 60 to 90 minutes to be seated and then more time because they are all under staffed. Sea food is great after the wait. Are you going fishing? Nice, the pier charges by the fishing pole and pier closes at 12 PM. Want to go out on a boat to fish? Even better, make a reservation more than two weeks out or no fishing from a boat. This place cannot handle the number of people that show up every week.
As for the infer structure everyone arrives at 4 PM on Saturday, and everyone checks out at 10 AM on Saturday. Going and coming from Ocean Isles Beach you will travel at one point, no lie, one mile an hour for two miles. If you drive there, stay off the main routes.
One last thing Lowes Foods, great place they have the number of employees to handle the mass of people, hats off to you.