We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at MooseCreek Lodge! The 5 bedrooms with private baths were perfect for our children and their friends. In addition, the bedrooms for the kids are located away from the master bedroom suite, beneficial for teenagers and their parents. The MBR suite also has a separate sitting area with a TV that proved to be convenient with a large group. The kitchen boasting a six burner gas stove, 2 ovens and a large griddle provided ample space to prepare meals. The pool table and lounge is located on the side of the facility opposite the bedrooms. For teenagers that do not keep the same hours as their parents, this layout is ideal. They can stay up late and make as much noise as desired. With the areas being separated by the dining room and kitchen, parents can sleep soundly through the night.
MooseCreek Lodge is a terrific location for accessing the abundant outdoor activities in Maine and some of our highlights are listed below:
- Whitewater on the Kennebec
- Fly fishing the Kennebago
- Cliff jumping at Small's Falls
- Hiking to Avery Peak, West Bigelow and Piazza Rock
- Tubing on Rangeley Lake
- Kayaking on Flagstaff Lake
- Airsoft in the Maine woods
- Wildlife (bald eagles, deer, foxes, loons, moose, turkeys).