The location of the Bergmann apartment in a neighbourhood with many excellent restaurants, shops and markets makes up for a lack of some basic amenities. Overall, the furnishings in the apartment are spartan and worn out, or in the case of a stool under the sink in the bathroom, broken. Some simple and inexpensive improvements would make for a more satisfactory stay:
• hooks in the bathroom for hanging towels and clothes
• a shelf in the bathroom for toiletries
• provide soap in the bathroom, and paper towel in the kitchen
• hooks in the bedroom for hanging clothes
• comfortable reading chairs or a sofa in the sitting area
• salt and pepper in the kitchen
• an orientation binder with maps, phone numbers and useful information on local restaurants, shopping, transit, etc.