My first impression when we opened the door was TINY! Surely a wide angle lens was used when the posted photos were taken. :)
That being said my husband said it was exactly as he expected!
Points of note:
- The living/dining area is one room and when the coffee table is moved and the sofa bed is open there is only about 4 feet between the end of the bed and the dining table. Also depending on where you decide to move the coffee table the path to the bathroom (which is inside the bedroom) can be obscured.
- There is roughly 12-18" on either side of the queen bed in the bedroom but ample space at the foot between it and the dresser. The limited space on the sides makes the closet challenging to access.
- The bathroom (through the bedroom) is large and well stocked with plenty of nice, fluffy bath towels and towels for the beach. (I loved the non-slip tub mat, too!)
-The kitchen is large enough for simple cooking tasks and is well laid out. Very basic cooking tools, plenty of pots & pans but I did not find any baking pans or sheet pans.
-There were small supplies of random spices and condiments. Check before you go to the grocery.
-5 minute drive or 15 minute walk to Foodland and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (look for the wild chickens in the parking lot!)
-Food truck park across the road which included the North Shore Shrimp Truck!
- Beach access from the cottage took some searching but we found it. Not quite as close or easy and it may appear in cottage description. Out the gate, straight down the path approximately 50 yards and between the two fences ahead (it looks like you are going in to someone's back yard.) You have to climb up/down an slight hill covered with tree roots & plants, it may be a challenge for some but clutsy/clumsy me manged with a hand up/down from husband. However, once you get to the beach it is beautiful and secluded!
- Full size, well functioning washer & dryer on site, outside the kitchen door (again, check supplies before going to market)
-15-30 minutes (depending on traffic) to Haleiwa Town, passing several wonderful, spots - Waimea Bay, Turtle Beach, Three Tables Beach, Waimea Falls
Ultimately it was the perfect spot for a North Shore experience!