The Konishiki property was absolutely gorgeous! We are from Hawaii and rented from Friday, Dec 12-Monday Dec. 15 and had our wedding in the yard on Saturday, Dec 13.
There are so many pros to this property that I am afraid I might miss a few as I state them in this review.
1. Coordinating with the property manager, Scott, was seamless, especially considering the fact that we live in different countries! He was very quick to respond to all my emails and payment was easy to arrange and execute.
2. The property care taker, Michele, was also wonderful to work with. She answered all my questions and constantly updated me on progress with the house and how it would look during our rental period. She was also kind in notifying the neighbor that we were having a wedding and if he could cease construction work on his house that day to ensure our wedding would not be affected! Awesome!!
3. The pool was huge and clean and provided tons of fun for guests throughout the entire weekend.
4. The house was huge, amazingly clean, very spacious, and provided tons of storage (great for long-term renters).
5. The house was fully equipped so we did not have to bring anything (i.e. towels, bathroom supplies, beach towels, cookware/utensils, etc.).
6. The sunsets are stunning! Being able to sit on the balcony, in the yard, or walk a few steps onto the beach and watch the sun set over the ocean was priceless and serene!
7. The trophies and pictures of the owner, Hawaii-born sumo wrestler, Konishiki, were displayed throughout the house and it was so awesome to see his success through pictures.
8. The yard was huge and AMAZING. It was the perfect setting for our wedding ceremony and reception of about 130 guests. There was still tons of space to move around with 130 ppl in the yard!
9. The parking area can park about 8-10 cars, depending on whether you utilize the 2 car parking garage or not.
10. We did not leave the property, but food and grocery stores were nearby.
1. This did not affect us however I can see it being a concern for future guests. The property sleeps 12 and 11 of the 12 beds are single, twin size beds (sleeps 1). There is only 1 bed downstairs that can sleep 2. If there are couples on vacation, they will end up having to sleep in separate beds or push two twin beds together.
I would HIGHLY recommend this property to others!! Our wedding guests and vendors loved the property, too!