We had an absolutely lovely stay here. The property management folks were very helpful with not only the property, but also helping us arrange for things to do while in beautiful Roving. You can definitely trust their advice. Here are some things that might be helpful for you to know if you rent this lovely property:
* The posting is correct about the very steep stairs. The steep stairs are not just leading to the rooftop terrace (which is lovely!). There are two very narrow and steep flights of stairs leading up to the landing of this apartment, and then once in, there are narrow steps leading to the upper floor. We were fine with it, but it was a little tough bringing the bags up the narrow stairways. We tried not to mark up the walls with our bags, but still did a bit - fortunately, the marks wiped right off with a damp cloth.
* The bathroom upstairs had a strong sewer odor. When we asked about it, they said that it is typical in an area of this age and nothing could really be done about it. The kids didn't want to use it (they were sleeping upstairs) so we just closed it off so as not to stink up the apartment, and it was like having only one bathroom.
* The kitchen is great for making coffee, tea, or a light meal. This is not a cook's kitchen. The refrigerator kept coming open (we had to wedge something under the door), as we would come back from being out for a few hours and the door was standing open and our food was warm. There were two small stove burners, but we couldn't fit two things on at the same time. The knives were very dull. The cappuccino machine was great. No oven. It was great having a dishwasher - although it must be turned off when finished or it will beep repeatedly - took us a while to figure out where the noise was coming from!
* having air conditioning on all the floors was fantastic - priceless really!
* We didn't realize the bathroom water heaters were powered by a switch on the wall near the light switch. I accidentally turned them off and couldn't understand why we didn't have hot water. Ooops. :)
*We wish there had been curtains in the master bedroom to let light in but shield from outside view. I had a pashmina with me and put that up over the window.
* It was wonderful having a washer. We washed clothes then hung them on the terrace - dried very quickly!
* The agency folks were lovely. They arranged a fishing trip for us and told us about Maistra Island for a day trip.